Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If you're still on the fence as to whether the owners will vote out Sterling, go watch the interview he gave to Anderson Cooper.

Yikes.
    I don't really disagree with him that Magic may not be the best role model. But as far as the rest, that guy is out there.

I am starting to think the dude has some sort of dementia.

He is starting to sound like my grandfather right before Alzheimer's took control o this brain.

If you're still on the fence as to whether the owners will vote out Sterling, go watch the interview he gave to Anderson Cooper.

Yikes.
    heard snipets, yikes.

I just think, when it comes to that time, they will try and avoid it. I still think that they will try and incentive-ize someone to buy the team for at least a little bit over market value to make this go away. I think the owners prefer that to voting him out, at the end of the day. It works out best for EVERYONE that way.

Yikes.
    I saw the interview. He definitely has issues, there's no question. However, if there is any hesitation for the owners it's not about Sterling or what he said as far as the vote goes, it's really about setting a precedent that they will have to live with in the future.

I do think they will vote him out because they really have no other choice.The national media would crucify Silver and the owners if they don't. I honestly think the owners are in an uncomfortable situation.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Sterling is refusing all fines and sanctions, per ESPN.

And so it begins.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Hired a famed anti-trust lawyer.

I thought you guys said this had nothing to do with anti-trust?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

It doesn't seem to, but doesn't mean he won't try. It seems to be his only hope, that and or the owners not voting him out.

Hired a famed anti-trust lawyer. I thought you guys said this had nothing to do with anti-trust?
    You can file anything on anything. You can hire a lawyer on anything. Doesn't mean a court will hear it.

My position is that his only recourse is to claim that the nba did not/will not follow its own agreements and processes. If they do, it is clear that it ends. If they do not, it may still end with arbitration but may go to a court. The only thing the court could rule on is if the nba followed the agreement they made with Stirling when he bought the team and any ensuing agreements.

Another thing I heard last night was that during the divorce proceedings between Donald and Cindy that the team would be caught up in the division of assets and unable to be sold until the divorce was final, is that correct as well?

I will repeat again, if Donald Sterling can simply draw this out until next season, he has already won. I still contend that he will end up selling a week or two before the season for well over market value.

On the surface it would appear that anti-trust does not apply, but if he can prove that Silver and the owners colluded to force him to sell his business, then he can invoke anti-trust law and force the courts to settle this thing. Or at least that's the way I understand it. If you read the article his attorney is saying that Sterling's "due process rights" were violated, and that he did NOT violate any of the provisions of article 13. So they are going to force the courts to determine whether or not there was collusion and also to interpret the language and intent of article 13. I still think his chances of winning are near impossible, but it appears he is not going to go down without a fight.

In the letter, Blecher argues that Sterling's "due process rights" were violated when he was permanently banned after a mere four-day investigation. Blecher also says Sterling has not violated any article of the NBA constitution, Sports Illustrated reported.