Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT - Interesting Blog about "Remember The Titans"

http://deadspin.com/remember-the-tit...1609473834/all

My dad played against those teams (he went to Jeb Stewart) and he told me when the movie came out that Coach Boone was viewed by many as a real nasty person on and off the field. He also told me that a lot of players ended up trying to transfer to different districts so they didn't have to play for him and it had nothing to do with race and everything to do with Coach Boone just being a total dick to his players.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    If all this is true, it's a shame, because I really liked the film.

Blog Entries

Re: OT - Interesting Blog about "Remember The Titans"

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If all this is true, it's a shame, because I really liked the film.
    The film is a good one. No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The film is a good one. No doubt.
    Good, but full of lots of historical baloney.

Hollywood, who would have thought they had the right to change the truth to their liking. Great movie, even if it's full of untruths. Films and videos can be misleading (can you say Ray Rice). SMh

When has a writer/moviemaker/reporter ever been held back by something as small as the truth?

My only real beef with the movie (and with almost all sports movies) is that they make the play on the field so unrealistic. That sort of ruins it a little for me. I mean, couldn't they come up with something better than miraculously recovering a fumble and then scoring on a 90 yard double reverse as time expires to win the state championship? Even with the suspension of disbelief, that's pretty hard to take seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    My only real beef with the movie (and with almost all sports movies) is that they make the play on the field so unrealistic. That sort of ruins it a little for me. I mean, couldn't they come up with something better than miraculously recovering a fumble and then scoring on a 90 yard double reverse as time expires to win the state championship? Even with the suspension of disbelief, that's pretty hard to take seriously.
    Flacco's hail mary against Denver comes to mind. LOL

The Play, Chris Davis' missed FG return, Music City Miracle, Miracle at the New Meadowlands, Andrew Luck scoring on the luckiest fumble ever. Need I go on?

See Ravens, 2012 season.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Flacco's hail mary against Denver comes to mind. LOL
    At least that's a plausible play under the circumstances, even if the result is miraculous.

No coach is going to call a designed running play from 90 yards away with time running out and have the quarterback lead the blocking all he way down the sideline, picking off one player after another without ever losing his feet. You might as well call a hook & ladder with the pitch designed to go to an obese offensive lineman - oh, sorry, wrong movie.

Blog Entries

At least that's a plausible play under the circumstances, even if the result is miraculous.

No coach is going to call a designed running play from 90 yards away with time running out and have the quarterback lead the blocking all he way down the sideline, picking off one player after another without ever losing his feet. You might as well call a hook & ladder with the pitch designed to go to an obese offensive lineman - oh, sorry, wrong movie.