Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
yes my words. Decades of the barriers to entry growing with the monopoly exemption. I guess, theoretically he COULD... but it's not a realistic option in the slightest. So basically, forcing him to sell the team is depriving him of a right to earn a living. Which might be a stretch for a guy that would have over half a billion in the bank, after taxes... It just doesn't seem right that someone could be forced to sell their business like that. I repeat, I am not saying this from a "I have studied this up and down" POV, simply looking at it logically is all. And MY POINT, is that he simply has to get a judge to agree to listen to his arguments, not BUY THEM. He doesn't have to win in court to cause major problems for the NBA, simply get it there..
It is not HIS business in the sense of him owning a diner. He is a franchisee. He owns a team within an association. An association that has rules. He is not the sole proprietor. Never was. Even though we, as Americans, think of him as an owner of a business, his ownership has entanglements.