27 Dee Ford Edge Border2nd
    28 Blake Bortles QB Border2nd
    29 Ra'Shede Hageman DT Border2nd
    30 Anthony Barr Edge Border2nd
    31 Demarcus Lawrence Edge Border2nd
    32 Charles Sims RB Border2nd
    33 Derek Carr QB Border2nd

SitDep = Situation Dependent; will be good pros in the right situation

All 17 of my picks are here: 1st / 17.5 / 33*/ 48.5 / 65*/ 79.5 / 101 / 114.5 / 141* / 159.5 / 177* / 194.5 / 216* (5 prospects in one bundle)
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: ...and here are the keys to your own franchise

And with the 1st pick of the 2014 "This Thing Still Needs a Name" draft, I select Jadeveon Clowney, Defensive End, University of South Carolina

Set the Board. Trust the Board. While I may have slight reservations about Clowney's motor, he's such a rare talent that I need to bring him on home.
    I'm very comfortable with not taking a QB with the first pick, even Teddy Bridgewater, who I think will be a very good player.
    If Clowney goes to HOU then I really, really like this pick.

Now I get to sit back and watch the chaos...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

And with the 17.5 pick of the 2014 "This Thing Still Needs a Name" draft, I select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, University of Louisville

I get my QB of the future and maybe more importantly the highest rated player left on my Board.
    Very excited!

@BigPlayReceiver

Board looking good for the 1st pick of the 2nd round tomorrow night.
    With five picks left tonight (CAR OTC), I'm very hopeful of grabbing an "Excellent" or "Solid" prospect!

15 Xavier Su'a Filo OG Excellent
    16 Jimmy Ward FS Solid
    17 Morgan Moses OT Solid
    18 Louis Nix DT Solid
    19 Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Solid
    21 Allen Robinson WR SitDep
    25 Jordan Matthews WR SitDep
    29 Ra'Shede Hageman DT Border2nd
    31 Demarcus Lawrence Edge Border2nd
    32 Charles Sims RB Border2nd
    33 Derek Carr QB Border2nd

@BigPlayReceiver

Green = Inaugural free agents (IFA)
    Blue = Roster slots to fill
    Purple = 2014 drafted prospects

Bridgewater is in a pretty good situation in MIN. Better than Bortles in JAC, but not as good as Manziel at CLE.

@BigPlayReceiver

And with the 33rd* pick of the 2014 "This Thing Still Needs a Name" draft, I select Xavier Su'a Filo, Guard, UCLA

This may seem a bit early to go interior OL, but my FAs at center and guard are pretty crappy. So I'm beefing up my interior line early so that Bridgewater has clean pocket to step into.

@BigPlayReceiver

Well I be...good pick HOU!

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Sounds like fun. Should've opened it up and let more people on here join in. I know I would've. I'm typically in 4-5 high dollar fantasy leagues every year, high dollar meaning $100 or more buy in with typically a few thousand to the winner, one league is a $500 buy in 20 people you do the math and break down as they pay out to 4th,lol.

In any case I love this kind of stuff. Just curious as to why you took Bridgewater over other availables?

And with the 48th* pick of the 2014 "This Thing Still Needs a Name" draft, I select Morgan Moses, Offensive Tackle, University of Virginia

Moses and Nix were neck-and-neck, but putting Moses next to Su'a Filo gives me a nasty right side (Moses is a natural RT).

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Sounds like fun. Should've opened it up and let more people on here join in. I know I would've. I'm typically in 4-5 high dollar fantasy leagues every year, high dollar meaning $100 or more buy in with typically a few thousand to the winner, one league is a $500 buy in 20 people you do the math and break down as they pay out to 4th,lol.

In any case I love this kind of stuff. Just curious as to why you took Bridgewater over other availables?
    That's serious business right there. I'm looking for one high-dollar league to get into, but I was thinking $250 tops lol.

For QB, I'm a pretty poor evaluator. There's so much to look for, look at and I'm easily distracted...so I end up watching the LG on one play, the DE on the next, critiquing the WRs route, etc etc. So honestly for this project, I was just worried about smarts, toughness and accuracy. I really wanted to take him #1, but couldn't pass up Clowney the Freak. Derek Carr was going to be my 2nd QB to target at #33 had I missed out of Bridgewater.

@BigPlayReceiver

And with the 65th* pick of the 2014 "This Thing Still Needs a Name" draft, I select Louis Nix, Defensive Tackle, Notre Dame

He's still on the board and I have no damn idea why, but I'm taking my 18th ranked player.
    I know he was banged up in '13, but I love this value!

@BigPlayReceiver

And with the 79* pick of the 2014 "This Thing Still Needs a Name" draft, I select Donte Moncrief, Wide Receiver, Ole Miss

Moved down the board a bit to give Campbell and eventually Teddy a big pass catcher.
    Moncrief needs more coaching than I would like to admit, but his size and athleticism is worth harvesting at this point.

@BigPlayReceiver