Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft Predictions

I'm not sure you're ready, for the bold pick....of an Excellector.....
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

1. Sadly, top 4 OT's are gone before Ravens pick at 17. (Hope I'm wrong there)

2. 3 QB's go in the 1st; Bortles, Carr and Manziel. No way JF makes it out of Texas. If Hou and others pass Jerry Jones wouldn't be able to resist at 16. Romo is 34 and hasn't won anything.

3. 4th QB taken won't be Bridgewater. Surprise pick. Maybe Mettenberger or Savage. Unlikely, but we're supposed to be bold.

4. No interior Olinemen (guards, centers) picked in the 1st, but a semi run on them in the 2nd.

5. It's been said, but no RB's taken in the 1st 2 rounds.

6. Draft features a run on WR's and DB's (CB, S), with at least 12 of each going in the 1st 2 rounds.

7. Due to the above many good defensive front seven players will get pushed down below the 2nd. There will be great value on DT's, DE's and LB's, as well as RB's in the 3rd, 4th and 5th.
    Last edited by Igotstoknow; 04-29-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Blog Entries

I'll take the opposite on the RB predictions. At least 2 Running Backs will be drafted before round 3.

Atlanta trades up to #1 or #2 and takes Clowney or Mack.
    St. Louis trades out of both the #2 and #13 pick, but still picks in the first round.
    Seattle uses the #32 pick to choose someone completely off this board's first round radar.
    There will be at least five different trades involving first round picks.

Blog Entries

Those 5 trades will be from teams trying to trade down the draft is so deep and Ozzie won the SB trading down ala Pitta. Teams are copying his map to the SB. Ravens might be forced to stand pat and take the BAA. Someone good will be there with all the Ts going early and Oz can draft Bitonio of Nevada or Moses of Virginia in the 2d. He'd have to trade up after drafting Calvin Pryor in the 1st round. Last year 9 of 11 first picks were o-linemen including a Center and a Guard I think. First 3 of 4 players drafted were OTs.

I'd be happy with:

CALVIN PRYOR IN ROUND 1. He be the perfect bookend for Elam in the outfield for years to come and wouldn't be one dimensional as Pollard was.

BITONIO OR MOSES @OT ROUND 2. Both are big and better than who we got now and they're huge. Moses is 6'6 and 311 lbs. Gil Brandt projects him going between
    30-45. Bitonio is also big and can play OG. If KO got hurt they could move him
    over and insert Wagner at RT w/o missing a beat.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-29-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Cool Re: Draft Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm not sure you're ready, for the bold pick....of an Excellector.....
    Maybe not, but my bold prediction is that there will actually be a run on QBs. I predict a total of 6 QBs taken in the 1st with a few 2nd rounders picked at the end of the 1st round!

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    Maybe not, but my bold prediction is that there will actually be a run on QBs. I predict a total of 6 QBs taken in the 1st with a few 2nd rounders picked at the end of the 1st round!
    If this comes to fruition, we should come away with a hell of a prospect on day one, either at 17 or after trading back.

There will be a record amount of trades in the first two rounds.

5 QBs in rd 1.

6 WRs in rd 1.

4 tackles in the top 12.

3 top 15 blunder picks.

Bold prediction edit: Despite a poor 2013, lackluster combine, and workout, the Ravens have Marquise Lee as a top 2 WR on their board. They pick him @ 17 because of what he can become and was. Hey, they didn't bring in Bobby Engram here for nothing.
    Last edited by Stealthbirds80; 04-29-2014 at 07:55 PM.

There's a run on corners and linemen of both sides in the 1st half.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    St. Louis trades out of both the #2 and #13 pick, but still picks in the first round.
    Seattle uses the #32 pick to choose someone completely off this board's first round radar.
    That's not a bold prediction, that's a given.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    You know what? I think you're spot on with the Seattle prediction. They have a little bit of history picking players no one thought was first round worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Those 5 trades will be from teams trying to trade down the draft is so deep and Ozzie won the SB trading down ala Pitta. Teams are copying his map to the SB. Ravens might be forced to stand pat and take the BAA. Someone good will be there with all the Ts going early and Oz can draft Bitonio of Nevada or Moses of Virginia in the 2d. He'd have to trade up after drafting Calvin Pryor in the 1st round. Last year 9 of 11 first picks were o-linemen including a Center and a Guard I think. First 3 of 4 players drafted were OTs.

I'd be happy with:

CALVIN PRYOR IN ROUND 1. He be the perfect bookend for Elam in the outfield for years to come and wouldn't be one dimensional as Pollard was.

BITONIO OR MOSES @OT ROUND 2. Both are big and better than who we got now and they're huge. Moses is 6'6 and 311 lbs. Gil Brandt projects him going between
    30-45. Bitonio is also big and can play OG. If KO got hurt they could move him
    over and insert Wagner at RT w/o missing a beat.
    I dont see Bitonio or Moses lasting into the 2nd round. Moses won't get by the Panthers and if he is taken already they will draft Bitonio. They can't afford to not reach for a tackle
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB