Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    The Raiders trade up to #2 and take Manziel or Bortles.
    I'll say Raiders do not take a QB or if they do it's in round 3 or later.

Also predict Manziel is the first QB selected

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Well, if we are going bold. Ravens trade UP to snag a player Lewan, Martin, Barr.

Mettenberger goes by round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    CALVIN PRYOR IN ROUND 1. He be the perfect bookend for Elam in the outfield for years to come and wouldn't be one dimensional as Pollard was.
    I don't understand why people say this. Since when do teams want the exact same player for both the FS and SS positions? If we had drafted Eric Reid last year instead of Elam, I would be full on board with Pryor this year. As it is...I don't think it's a good idea to have an Elam clone at FS. This is a big reason why I think SF would be a nice trade partner. Pryor is a very good fit for them. I would be nervous that Jimmie Ward is taken before pick #30 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I don't understand why people say this. Since when do teams want the exact same player for both the FS and SS positions? If we had drafted Eric Reid last year instead of Elam, I would be full on board with Pryor this year. As it is...I don't think it's a good idea to have an Elam clone at FS. This is a big reason why I think SF would be a nice trade partner. Pryor is a very good fit for them. I would be nervous that Jimmie Ward is taken before pick #30 though.
    " Ozzie said that it is possible that they could take a few and added that they really don’t differentiate between strong and free safety. A safety needs to be able to play up in the box, have solid recognition skills and be able to play man coverage if needed."
    http://russellstreetreport.com/flash...iars-luncheon/

Yes, it's from 8 years ago, but Oz doesn't think there is a big difference between FS and SS.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    " Ozzie said that it is possible that they could take a few and added that they really don’t differentiate between strong and free safety. A safety needs to be able to play up in the box, have solid recognition skills and be able to play man coverage if needed."
    http://russellstreetreport.com/flash...iars-luncheon/

Yes, it's from 8 years ago, but Oz doesn't think there is a big difference between FS and SS.
    I find this very odd considering our FS until recently has been a future HOF'er and our SS has been a plug and play type of player for the most part. I could be wrong, but I didn't consider Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard as interchangeable parts in their skill sets.

I find this very odd considering our FS until recently has been a future HOF'er and our SS has been a plug and play type of player for the most part. I could be wrong, but I didn't consider Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard as interchangeable parts in their skill sets.
    That combination, at that time is about the exact OPPOSITE of interchangeable parts.
    But, from the same respect, I don't think that the FO felt it was at all ideal, as they jettisoned both players.
    I understand your point, just pointing out that at one time, Oz, in a liar's lunch, was quoted as saying they could be interchangeable players. That also, happened to be the draft they got Dawan Landry late, plugged him in at SS along with an at that point still viable tackler in Reed.

Me personally, I see no harm in adding an Eric Berry type hybrid FS/SS like Pryor to add to our current hybrid FS/SS in Elam. I can see benefits in both that strategy and going for safety a bit more on the FS side like HHCD.

What I personally would like to avoid, is being in the situation we were with Pollard and Reed, where one safety couldn't cover a lick, and the other refused to tackle at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    That combination, at that time is about the exact OPPOSITE of interchangeable parts.
    But, from the same respect, I don't think that the FO felt it was at all ideal, as they jettisoned both players.
    I understand your point, just pointing out that at one time, Oz, in a liar's lunch, was quoted as saying they could be interchangeable players. That also, happened to be the draft they got Dawan Landry late, plugged him in at SS along with an at that point still viable tackler in Reed.

Me personally, I see no harm in adding an Eric Berry type hybrid FS/SS like Pryor to add to our current hybrid FS/SS in Elam. I can see benefits in both that strategy and going for safety a bit more on the FS side like HHCD.

What I personally would like to avoid, is being in the situation we were with Pollard and Reed, where one safety couldn't cover a lick, and the other refused to tackle at all.
    I hear you, I just feel like Elam struggled when asked to handle the traditional "free" safety role. I know the plan blew up, but Michael Huff was supposed to play that role allowing Elam to concentrate more on wreaking havoc at the LOS.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I want a "thumper" at SS and a "ball hawk" at FS.

I hear you, I just feel like Elam struggled when asked to handle the traditional "free" safety role. I know the plan blew up, but Michael Huff was supposed to play that role allowing Elam to concentrate more on wreaking havoc at the LOS.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I want a "thumper" at SS and a "ball hawk" at FS.
    I get it... iF your personnel is set up that way, it makes playing with 1 deep safety viable and allows for an exra guy in the box, be it in your base defense, or allowing your nickle defense to mimic your base defense. Agreed that Elam struggled in that role. Having two hybrid guys kinda forces more of a two -deep look more often... which has drawbacks and advantages.

Blog Entries

Predictions and Declarations for Tonight?

Anyone have any wild predictions that may be a bit out of the norm for tonight?

Someone going WAY higher than they should? A popular name dropping tremendously? Someone completely out of left field going in round-1?

One of mine is Tom Savage.

I think there is a real possibility of someone trading back into round-1 and taking him. Hardly anyone talked about him up until about a week ago and I never understood why. He probably has the best arm out of any QB in this draft class.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Predictions and Declarations for Tonight?

4 QBs taken in the first round
    4 Offensive linemen taken in the first round

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I'm sticking with my no more than 2 QBs will be taken in round 1 and at least 2 runningbacks will be drafted before round 3 predictions that I've been posting for a couple of weeks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Anyone have any wild predictions that may be a bit out of the norm for tonight?

Someone going WAY higher than they should? A popular name dropping tremendously? Someone completely out of left field going in round-1?

One of mine is Tom Savage.

I think there is a real possibility of someone trading back into round-1 and taking him. Hardly anyone talked about him up until about a week ago and I never understood why. He probably has the best arm out of any QB in this draft class.
    Interesting, not sure how the QB run is going to go, can't see trader back into 1st for a QB if Bridgewater falls out of first, too many strong second tier like Garropolo, McCarron ......

I'll give a wild prediction and say 6 OT go in the first
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old