Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A drop for Bradley Roby?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-influence/

Roby initially has been seen as a late-1st/early-2nd pick, but this could damage his stock and make him drop on draft day. Sure, he has legal issues, but so does Taylor Lewan, and most of you would be slobbering at the mouth if he dropped on draft day. Right now the 2nd round could be the ceiling for him.

Blog Entries

Re: A drop for Bradley Roby?

Drinking and vehicles are not popular with most franchises. This is going to hurt him especially combined with the bar fight. With just 2 weeks to go before the draft Roby has shown incredibly poor judgement. How stupid can you be?

Blog Entries

Probably, but also keep in mind Percy Harvin tested positive for marijuana at the Combine and still went 22nd overall. He had more time to explain his actions, but I think if a team wants him, they'll probably just vet him out a bit more closely.

That said, I didn't think he'd go 1st round before, so he's probably a 2nd round CB firmly now.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

From that flimsy article we could conclude nearly anything.

All I got from it was he blew an absurdly miniscule .008 (which could be from the mouthwash he used 12 hours before) and failed a field sobriety test after waking up.

So far as you can tell from the article, he wasn't drinking. (If his attorney is telling the truth). And his failing the FST was either due to a drug (prescription or otherwise) or natural supplement; OR because he had just woken up and wasn't quite ready for his test.

Never heard of OVI. Is that one of those things where they expanded DUI/DWI to nail the people who are just sitting in cars in their driveways or parking lots? I know back in the day that was always a gray area -- if the person isn't "driving" it doesn't make sense to charge them with "driving" under the influence. They'd say they were just sitting there to sober up because it was cold outside and they weren't going to drive until they were sober, etc. A lot of people complained that it was punishing people who are trying to be responsible, others said it was catching people before they kill someone. So I wouldnt be surprised if somebody didn't just make up a new law to criminalize that exact situation, to clear up that gray area.

Let this a lesson to all: If you are going to sleep it off in the car, do so in the passenger seat.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I didn't think hed get past the Browns at 26 but if it turns out this knocks him down to the 2nd he probably won't get past them at 35.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    From that flimsy article we could conclude nearly anything.

All I got from it was he blew an absurdly miniscule .008 (which could be from the mouthwash he used 12 hours before) and failed a field sobriety test after waking up.

So far as you can tell from the article, he wasn't drinking. (If his attorney is telling the truth). And his failing the FST was either due to a drug (prescription or otherwise) or natural supplement; OR because he had just woken up and wasn't quite ready for his test.

Never heard of OVI. Is that one of those things where they expanded DUI/DWI to nail the people who are just sitting in cars in their driveways or parking lots? I know back in the day that was always a gray area -- if the person isn't "driving" it doesn't make sense to charge them with "driving" under the influence. They'd say they were just sitting there to sober up because it was cold outside and they weren't going to drive until they were sober, etc. A lot of people complained that it was punishing people who are trying to be responsible, others said it was catching people before they kill someone. So I wouldnt be surprised if somebody didn't just make up a new law to criminalize that exact situation, to clear up that gray area.
    Field sobriety tests are so misleading. They are designed to make you fail. If he only blew a .008, that is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Field sobriety tests are so misleading. They are designed to make you fail. If he only blew a .008, that is nothing.
    While true, it is also possible that he could have been under the influence of a drug other than alcohol. He could have been high as a kite.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    While true, it is also possible that he could have been under the influence of a drug other than alcohol. He could have been high as a kite.
    Very true. I imagine they gave him a blood test.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It was 4/20 my bet is he was high as shit.

What a Dumbass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    It was 4/20 my bet is he was high as shit.

What a Dumbass.
    seems so simple... stay home and play videos, workout, eat, sleep. wait for draft...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    seems so simple... stay home and play videos, workout, eat, sleep. wait for draft...
    Exactly. Just use your head. You have millions of dollars at stake. Play it safe for a couple of weeks.