Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: WOW - Brandon Williams lifts 525 pounds, great turnout for voluntary practice

Bench press is more impressive for OL than DL in my opinion. It's all about making that initial pop, whereas a DL doesn't make such a drastic pop as they have to engage and look for the ball.

All and all still a great lift, he had impressive explosion from his chest. The guy clearly likes to lift so I would imagine his squat would be quite high as well.

As previously said, if you can't pair it with technique in a game then it doesn't mean shit. We will see this year
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: WOW - Brandon Williams lifts 525 pounds, great turnout for voluntary practice

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not sure you're understanding what I am saying ....

Back when Kyle was drafted, there was this story about how he could throw a field goal while on his knees from the 50 yard line.

As a fan base, we've been burned by putting too much emphasis on quirky athletic feats.
    The only reason I get excited by this is that it shows that he has been committed to getting better in the off season. He did not get fat and lazy. We already knew he had the physical traits to be successful. He needs to make the adjustment to the NFL game and improve his technique. It is tough to go from DII where you can physically dominate with poor technique. He is someone that could make a big jump i year 2.

Brandon Williams is a monster and Im not worried about technique. Honestly, unless you are half retarded you have no excuse not to get the technique down for a DL. Its football, not rocket science.

The only thing that worries me about Williams is the lack of balance. It seems like he tends to fall down a lot, which isnt good at all. I have very high hopes for him though and he has the potential to be more valuable than even Brown or Elam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Brandon Williams is a monster and Im not worried about technique. Honestly, unless you are half retarded you have no excuse not to get the technique down for a DL. Its football, not rocket science.

The only thing that worries me about Williams is the lack of balance. It seems like he tends to fall down a lot, which isnt good at all. I have very high hopes for him though and he has the potential to be more valuable than even Brown or Elam
    I don't think upper-body strength has ever been an issue with BW--but lower-body strength may be. It's not just a question of learning technique & leverage--you have to have the leg power to be able to execute what you've learned. Therefore I would be much more excited to hear that BW has gotten stronger below the waist as well.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I don't think upper-body strength has ever been an issue with BW--but lower-body strength may be. It's not just a question of learning technique & leverage--you have to have the leg power to be able to execute what you've learned. Therefore I would be much more excited to hear that BW has gotten stronger below the waist as well.
    Where has his leg strength ever been in question?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    While 525 is very impressive, I'd rather know how much he can leg press, since IMHO, the strength in your lower body is more important. And agree Leverage > Strength when it comes to DL or OL.
    Ditto.

I can do 300 lbs on the leg weight machine. My calfs are hard as rocks and were always
    strong part of my body.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Where has his leg strength ever been in question?
    I wasn't questioning it. But what I've seen featured in his clips (e.g., walking on his hands) speaks to upper-body strength. Which is fine, but I would rather be hearing that he's been working on getting even stronger in the lower body--because that's where he'll need it to stand his ground.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Lets hope he can wrap his arms around opposing Qbs and Rbs , then use that power for a take down. Or throw down. Drop them the right way and let that player feel the pain. LOL

Blog Entries

Ditto.