Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Re: NBA Playoffs

I am definitely in agreement that the Thunder are the Spurs kryptonite. Thunder are the most athletic team in the the NBA and a complete mismatch for the Spurs. Thunder have some scores behind Westbrook and Durant, guys like Butler and Jackson probably saved them from elimination against Memphis.

Clippers are a hell of a team, great bench, star power, scorers, Jordan is a beast on the glass. I think that if, and it's a tough if, the Thunder beat the Clippers they win over the Spurs and Miami.

The Wiz looked shaky in the opening minutes but they pulled it together and weathered Indy's early haymakers. Game is looking like a good one.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

It looks like Hibbert woke up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It looks like Hibbert woke up

Between that and Nene's dinged ankle, the battle of the bigs just got real interesting.

Horse shit foul there. Looks like the refs want Hibbert to feel good just as much as the Pacers do.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Hibbert wasn't going to stay hidden all series.

Still thought the Wiz looked decent considering the Pacers were going to come out jacked.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

If the Wiz steal both road games, what odds do you give me that they take Indiana in 5?

I think Indiana is going to put the clamps down in the second half. They're going to want it more, and I hold the opinion that Pacers are more a second half team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreLove View Post
    I think Indiana is going to put the clamps down in the second half. They're going to want it more, and I hold the opinion that Pacers are more a second half team.
    Yeah I'd be pretty shocked to see them drop this one. Not 2 at home

38% from the line won't get it done.

Chris Webber is god awful
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Close game. If the Wiz hadn't shit the bed from beyond the arc and at the line they win walking away. Gritty performance from the Pacers and Hibbert in particular, but the Wiz only can blame themselves.

Wiz let em off the hook last night. Still think they got this but going up 2-0 going back to DC would've been huge. Those last 3-4 possessions or so were god awful. Wall was trying to put the team on his back and play hero ball at the end chucking up those 3's and then getting stripped on his last possession.

Blog Entries

First half is almost over and Wizards are up by 15

Wow.... Wiz really dogged this one. That's basically the series.

This is exactly why I wanted Atl to finish off the Pacers so badly at home in game 6 of their series. I knew Indy would take game 7 from the Hawks in Indy and then wake up vs the Wiz. The Hawks I knew we'd beat. The Wizards are really showing that they're not quite ready for prime time in these last 2 games.

So now the Wiz loses 3 in a row, the last 2 at home, after getting game 1 in Indy. Now Indy remembers that they are a team built on defense with one great player who has to take over in the playoffs. So that is what has happened. Indy has choked them off defensively, preferring fouling to giving up anything cheap, while they rely on the refs not calling much, which they haven't.

Meanwhile Indy shoots 3's and drives the lane at will. This is the Wizards. They can play good D at times, but can't seem to sustain it. So when they're off offensively they're screwed. These last 2 at the phone booth have been hard to take. Game 3 was just one of the most god awful playoff performances I've ever seen, and at home no less.

But in a way tonight was worse. In another home game they had to win they played a good 1st half and were up 15 at the break and then totally shit the bed and choked in the 2nd half, effectively ending the series. Indy cranked up the intensity while George took over the game and the Wiz didn't match it. I feel sorry for the fans who paid big bucks to go to these last 2 games only to be let down so badly. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, but I'll be totally shocked if they don't get bounced out in game 5 in Indy.