11 25.58%
  • Beckham

26 60.47%
  • Cooks

6 13.95%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

I think Cooks is the best WR listed and worthy of 17 even if it is on the high side for him. I dont like Lee very much, I think hes continually been mocked higher than he should be. Beckham is probably slightly better imo. I see both as fringe first rounders while Cooks i see as 20 +/- 5 type.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I have to go with Beckham if I'm choosing between all of those guys.

I like Cooks a lot too. I'd choose either of them before Lee.

Bekcham has nice size and can burn you deep, but he runs nice routes too. I think Cooks has the same skill set, but just slightly smaller (5'9" and change vs 5'11" and change).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Beckham has nice size and can burn you deep, but he runs nice routes too. I think Cooks has the same skill set, but just slightly smaller (5'9" and change vs 5'11" and change).
    I guess the major difference I have with them is that I see cooks as small but thicker and capable of playing inside and out, Beckham i see more as an outside guy but slightly undersized considering that. Lee just has a lot of issues for me. im not so sure hes as gifted as a WR as he is an athlete.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Nice video from Cosell on WRs:

Cosell on WRs (Part I of II):

Adams: great hands, strong after catch, uses body well, less explosive than some other WRs

Beckham: good route runner, sudden movement, explosive, better outside WR than Cooks, smoother than Cooks

Benjamin: naturally quicker than Evans

Bryant: most intriguing WR in draft due to speed/size combo, AJ Green/Justin Hunter body type, needs refinement, true vertical speed

Cooks: explosive, need to figure out how to use him, good RAC

Evans: fits new NFL WR prototype, soft hands, faster than you think, no pro routes from college

Landry: slot WR in NFL, physical, can catch, tough, RAC, good route runner, not explosive - but a player

Lee: can move all around, vertical ability, WCO (crossing) routes, smooth, fluid, deceptive movement, explosive

Moncrief: straight line fast, came from simple offense, NFL skillset, built like Andre Johnson, sleeper pick

Richardson: deep guy, good vertical routes, not big on RAC from lateral agility standpoint (e.g. compared to Cooks)

Robinson: said he likes him more and more the more he watches him, makes contested catches, smoother than Adams

Watkins: best since AJ/Julio, makes catching look easy

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/mu...4-21a9fef2fc3c

I would be killed, because I think Cooks and Matthews will become stars. Can't choose.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Bekcham has nice size and can burn you deep, but he runs nice routes too. I think Cooks has the same skill set, but just slightly smaller (5'9" and change vs 5'11" and change).
    Agreed. I would go with Beckham if I'm forced to pick from those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    What about that kid Benjamin? Think we'll have a shot at him in the 2nd round? That the kid I like if/when we don't get Mike Evans.
    I was on the Benjamin train earlier, but after his proday, I don't want the guy. Moncrief remains my second choice at WR.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I was on the Benjamin train earlier, but after his proday, I don't want the guy. Moncrief remains my second choice at WR.
    :word

Not interested in Benjamin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    what happened at his pro-day?
    -JAB

I think Cooks will be a T Y Hilton clone in his early career, but he'll develop into a faster Antonio Brown. I know some say little guys in the WCO don't mix, but T Y looked pretty damn good in a traditional WCO. And we will have Smith this year to tutor Cooks.

Honestly, I like Beckham, Lee, and Cooks. I'd be happy with any at #17. All will probably be at least solid #1B receivers in the league, but I think Cooks skillset is the kicker for me, especially him getting in and out of breaks so quickly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I think Cooks skillset is the kicker for me, especially him getting in and out of breaks so quickly.
    that translates well to the NFL and any scheme. I think hes the least likely to bust due to that, despite being smaller at 5'10 or just under.
    -JAB

Without projecting the proven elements of a guy's game onto his unproven elements (such as route-running across the entire tree, competition faced, red zone targets, etc.), I think that OBJ is the best WR in the Draft. He's also a pretty good return man. Watkins, Evans or [pick your favorite] have higher ceilings, and may become better pros, but I have fewer question marks on Beckham than anyone else.

Beckham = a slightly more explosive, slightly quicker Greg Jennings--who has averaged 61 / 917 / 7 (despite missing a season's worth of games over his 8 year career + dealing with MIN's woeful QBs situation in 2013). Torrey Smith, FWIW, is on slightly better career curve than Jennings.

Not saying OBJ (or any other WR for that matter) will be the savior of the offense, but I'll happily take two "Greg Jennings" on my team...especially the young version, and with years between their respective mega-contracts.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 04-22-2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: First sentence made no damn sense. Not sure it's even any better now
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver