26 60.47%
  • Cooks

6 13.95%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213
    Blog Entries

Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Wow... VERY high opinion of Beckham.
    I don't separate him from the rest like that, but He is my favorite second -tier wideout. IT seems, that you have a bigger gap between him and whomever your 4th wr is then Evans and him, would I be correct in suggesting that? IF that was indeed how the ravens felt, then I could understand.

CK is a weird scenario as I've noted. He's a situation that is hard for the lay-fan to understand. It REALLY, REALLY depends what is going on with his knees, and we simply aren't going to understand that prior to the draft.
    I understand why you say that, but it appears that the mock-draft pundits have recently been backpedaling FAST on his decline.

You also appear QUITE anti-bama. Which I again understand but don't happen to agree with.
    I'm a LSU fan. I see almost all their games and a lot of SEC which recently means Alabama who is on all the time. That doesn't mean I'm in love with every LSU player. My opinion on Jarvis Landry for example is a lot worse than most. Jeremy Hill is a good powerful running back but he's nothing special from what I've seen. Plus he's completely nuts and has some real anger issues. The best sleeper LSU player is Anthony Johnson who will be perfect at a 4-3 undertackle. He's not for us but I could see him being just perfect for the Giants or Seahawks.

I love Beckham because he's a sponge. They keep asking him to do more and more and he keeps doing. He's not the best athlete but his head is so strong that he's going to do very well. Beckham reminds me of Chris Carter after he grew up with the Vikings. Everyone points out how much of an impact that Cam had on Mettenberger but I see Beckham as the real beneficiary.

I didn't like Cyrus last year when everyone was high on him either. He has great talent but he just isn't football smart. I see him having a difficult time in the NFL. He reminds me of Winston Justice. Haha is a good player but but yes I am a little soured on all the bad Alabama defensive guys taken high. Mark Barron, Rolando McClain and Terrence Cody were amazing college players. The only college Safety I ever saw better than Mark Barron was LeRon Landry. Neither of those guys have transitioned well into the pros. Haha isn't anywhere near as good as those guys were so I really am not sure about him.

Cool Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The only two out of that bunch that I'd be 100% in favor of over Beckham or a WR is Anthony Barr or Taylor Lewan. However, I'm not sure they'd go for Barr right away. Maybe they would because they rotate pass rushers so frequently and both Suggs and Doom really tapered off last season?

I like Beckham as a prospect. I think he'd be a good fit in Baltimore.
    I like Beckham too but you would pick him over Gilbert and now Martin (the guy you have been talking about for awhile)?

I think you might have missed adding him along with Lewan and Barr maybe?

As for Gilbert, I think he is going to be a star and if he's there at 17, I don't know if I could pass on him for either Martin or Beckham!

Blog Entries

Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I like Beckham too but you would pick him over Gilbert and now Martin (the guy you have been talking about for awhile)?

I think you might have missed adding him along with Lewan and Barr maybe?

As for Gilbert, I think he is going to be a star and if he's there at 17, I don't know if I could pass on him for either Martin or Beckham!
    I don't know. That's tough.

Gilbert? Not entirely sure about him. I like Verrett so much more.

And you're right. I think I'd have a hard time passing Martin up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.