View Poll Results: Pick 17: Lee or Beckham or Cooks

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee

    11 25.58%
  • Beckham

    26 60.47%
  • Cooks

    6 13.95%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 136 to 147 of 147
  1. #136

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario



    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I guess La Canfora's article is "dumb" too.
    yup
    but he also only gives it as a possibility. You gave us no other choices.




  2. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,146
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    yup
    but he also only gives it as a possibility. You gave us no other choices.
    Right. Focus on that and ignore the fact that he explicitly recites 2/3 of the players I limited this thread to as options for the Ravens at 17.

    Again, if I wanted the thread to be open-ended, WHY DOES IT HAVE THE TITLE:
    Gun to your head WR scenario

    The title of the thread tells you the focus of the thread:
    HINT: WR.

    Why does the first post give 3 explicit names? Gee because that is where I wanted the focus of this thread to go.

    If you didn't want to be limited to WR...don't participate in THIS THREAD, about WR, and more specifically about 3 PARTICULAR WRs.

    I just find it hilarious how you and Brien Jackson were slamming me left and right for such a "dumb" idea, and then La Canfora comes out with an article in direct support of the hypo I proposed here. But yeah it is totally "dumb." So dumb there is an article of similar scope running on CBS.com.




  3. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,146
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    When you have 11 pages of people only begrudgingly choosing one of your options and begging out for help to allow us to do ANYTHING ELSE with the pick it should give you your answer. The bulk of the board finds little value in the WR position at pick #17. IT doesn't matter what Kiper says.
    Tony Pauline, whose opinion I respect much more than you on draft matters, has the following rankings:
    Lee 18
    Beckham 19
    Cooks 23

    But yeah it would be totally "dumb" if one of them were available for the taking at 17. A "reach."

    So just to summarize, well-respected, experienced draft pundits that actually watch tape have all 3 WRs listed in this thread spanning from 12-23 in rankings, the NFL's top insider La Canfora explicitly mentions the Ravens taking one of them if they are still around at 17, and yet this thread and scenario are apparently "dumb."




  4. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,029
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    If the Ravens take Beckham at #17 I'm very happy.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #140

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If the Ravens take Beckham at #17 I'm very happy.
    I know the OP doesn't want us to discuss this in HIS thread, but you would prefer him to this entire list of players?

    Lewan, Martin, Kuandijo
    Pryor, HAHA
    Gilbert, Dennard
    Nix, Tuitt, Barr
    Ebron
    or a trade back?


    I think it's pretty obvious that Robinson, Matthews, Watkins, Evans, Mack and Clowney will be long gone.




  6. #141
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I know the OP doesn't want us to discuss this in HIS thread, but you would prefer him to this entire list of players?

    Lewan, Martin, Kuandijo
    Pryor, HAHA
    Gilbert, Dennard
    Nix, Tuitt, Barr
    Ebron
    or a trade back?


    I think it's pretty obvious that Robinson, Matthews, Watkins, Evans, Mack and Clowney will be long gone.
    The only two out of that bunch that I'd be 100% in favor of over Beckham or a WR is Anthony Barr or Taylor Lewan. However, I'm not sure they'd go for Barr right away. Maybe they would because they rotate pass rushers so frequently and both Suggs and Doom really tapered off last season?

    I like Beckham as a prospect. I think he'd be a good fit in Baltimore.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #142

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The only two out of that bunch that I'd be 100% in favor of over Beckham or a WR is Anthony Barr or Taylor Lewan. However, I'm not sure they'd go for Barr right away. Maybe they would because they rotate pass rushers so frequently and both Suggs and Doom really tapered off last season?

    I like Beckham as a prospect. I think he'd be a good fit in Baltimore.
    And see here we differ.
    I like Beckham as well, but find his value FOR THE RAVENS to be lower then almost that entire list. Kuandijo and Tuitt would likely be further reaches from a value perspective at this point, though certainly fill MUCH BIGGER needs.
    And I'm not "in the know" enough to know how much of Kuandijo's descent down draft boards this draft season has been smoke screen or not. It has lately seemed that way to me. Prior to the combine, I was ALL ABOUT him at 17, so by draft day, I could be there again. IMO, Tuitt CERTAINLY is a bigger reach, but he is basically the only 5 technique in the draft that I like at all. His 2012 season would make 17 a good value, but 2013 not so much, much like Kuandijo. Young athletic LT's with sky-high potential have very high values however.




  8. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,029
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I know the OP doesn't want us to discuss this in HIS thread, but you would prefer him to this entire list of players?

    Lewan, Martin, Kuandijo
    Pryor, HAHA
    Gilbert, Dennard
    Nix, Tuitt, Barr
    Ebron
    or a trade back?


    I think it's pretty obvious that Robinson, Matthews, Watkins, Evans, Mack and Clowney will be long gone.
    My list would be:

    Gilbert
    Lewan
    Beckham
    Dennard
    Martin
    Barr
    Nix
    Tuitt
    Pryor
    Ebron
    Haha

    Cyrus I wouldn't even look at before round 3
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #144

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    My list would be:

    Gilbert
    Lewan
    Beckham
    Dennard
    Martin
    Barr
    Nix
    Tuitt
    Pryor
    Ebron
    Haha

    Cyrus I wouldn't even look at before round 3
    Wow... VERY high opinion of Beckham.
    I don't separate him from the rest like that, but He is my favorite second -tier wideout. IT seems, that you have a bigger gap between him and whomever your 4th wr is then Evans and him, would I be correct in suggesting that? IF that was indeed how the ravens felt, then I could understand.

    CK is a weird scenario as I've noted. He's a situation that is hard for the lay-fan to understand. It REALLY, REALLY depends what is going on with his knees, and we simply aren't going to understand that prior to the draft.
    I understand why you say that, but it appears that the mock-draft pundits have recently been backpedaling FAST on his decline.

    You also appear QUITE anti-bama. Which I again understand but don't happen to agree with.




  10. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,029
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Wow... VERY high opinion of Beckham.
    I don't separate him from the rest like that, but He is my favorite second -tier wideout. IT seems, that you have a bigger gap between him and whomever your 4th wr is then Evans and him, would I be correct in suggesting that? IF that was indeed how the ravens felt, then I could understand.

    CK is a weird scenario as I've noted. He's a situation that is hard for the lay-fan to understand. It REALLY, REALLY depends what is going on with his knees, and we simply aren't going to understand that prior to the draft.
    I understand why you say that, but it appears that the mock-draft pundits have recently been backpedaling FAST on his decline.

    You also appear QUITE anti-bama. Which I again understand but don't happen to agree with.
    I'm a LSU fan. I see almost all their games and a lot of SEC which recently means Alabama who is on all the time. That doesn't mean I'm in love with every LSU player. My opinion on Jarvis Landry for example is a lot worse than most. Jeremy Hill is a good powerful running back but he's nothing special from what I've seen. Plus he's completely nuts and has some real anger issues. The best sleeper LSU player is Anthony Johnson who will be perfect at a 4-3 undertackle. He's not for us but I could see him being just perfect for the Giants or Seahawks.

    I love Beckham because he's a sponge. They keep asking him to do more and more and he keeps doing. He's not the best athlete but his head is so strong that he's going to do very well. Beckham reminds me of Chris Carter after he grew up with the Vikings. Everyone points out how much of an impact that Cam had on Mettenberger but I see Beckham as the real beneficiary.

    I didn't like Cyrus last year when everyone was high on him either. He has great talent but he just isn't football smart. I see him having a difficult time in the NFL. He reminds me of Winston Justice. Haha is a good player but but yes I am a little soured on all the bad Alabama defensive guys taken high. Mark Barron, Rolando McClain and Terrence Cody were amazing college players. The only college Safety I ever saw better than Mark Barron was LeRon Landry. Neither of those guys have transitioned well into the pros. Haha isn't anywhere near as good as those guys were so I really am not sure about him.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  11. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    606

    Cool Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The only two out of that bunch that I'd be 100% in favor of over Beckham or a WR is Anthony Barr or Taylor Lewan. However, I'm not sure they'd go for Barr right away. Maybe they would because they rotate pass rushers so frequently and both Suggs and Doom really tapered off last season?

    I like Beckham as a prospect. I think he'd be a good fit in Baltimore.
    I like Beckham too but you would pick him over Gilbert and now Martin (the guy you have been talking about for awhile)?

    I think you might have missed adding him along with Lewan and Barr maybe?

    As for Gilbert, I think he is going to be a star and if he's there at 17, I don't know if I could pass on him for either Martin or Beckham!




  12. #147
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I like Beckham too but you would pick him over Gilbert and now Martin (the guy you have been talking about for awhile)?

    I think you might have missed adding him along with Lewan and Barr maybe?

    As for Gilbert, I think he is going to be a star and if he's there at 17, I don't know if I could pass on him for either Martin or Beckham!
    I don't know. That's tough.

    Gilbert? Not entirely sure about him. I like Verrett so much more.

    And you're right. I think I'd have a hard time passing Martin up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland