11 25.58%
  • Beckham

26 60.47%
  • Cooks

6 13.95%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    if I had to pick a WR, Beckham. He seems to have the most refinement of the three. Cooks will be dynamic, but isn't going to fit well as an outside WR. I've never been high on Marqise Lee, but he certainly has the size of a #1, but I think he's a more boom/bust style pick.

Honestly though, in that scenario if Martin is gone along with Lewan, Matthews, Robinson. That means SOMEONE of HUGE value is falling to our pick. Either a CB or Ebron or LB that I'd take...or trade the pick.
    Yeah, gaming this out, if you have four offensive tackles, two wide receivers, Dix, Pryor, Mack, Barr and Clowney, plus three quarterbacks gone, that's fourteen players. So either Gilbert, Dennard, Donald, or Ebron have to be available at 17, and I'd pick any one of those guys over any of these three receivers.

I'd pick Beckam out of this trio though, and it's not that close.

Well...Kiper now has the Ravens taking Ellington at #48.

I have to say...I like the kid ALOT, but at #48???

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Yeah, gaming this out, if you have four offensive tackles, two wide receivers, Dix, Pryor, Mack, Barr and Clowney, plus three quarterbacks gone, that's fourteen players. So either Gilbert, Dennard, Donald, or Ebron have to be available at 17, and I'd pick any one of those guys over any of these three receivers.

I made a very similar post early on page 2... The OP got all BUTT HURT because the "premise of the thread" was that you HAD TO TAKE A WR....

I came to the same conclusion as you. At 17, there is virtually 0 chance I want one of these receivers, but if a gun is literally pressed against my head asking this question, it's Beckham, and not particularly close at that.

Blog Entries

In your scenario, I don't see Pryor going before #17. I do see Gilbert and possibly Dennard & Ebron gone before #17. I do agree with you about Beckham though... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I made a very similar post early on page 2... The OP got all BUTT HURT because the "premise of the thread" was that you HAD TO TAKE A WR....

I came to the same conclusion as you. At 17, there is virtually 0 chance I want one of these receivers, but if a gun is literally pressed against my head asking this question, it's Beckham, and not particularly close at that.
    If we are sticking to the premise of the thread, I'm asking the whack job with the gun to my head who he wants me to take.

Blog Entries

If I wanted to make a thread about YOUR (or anyone elses) favorite "BPA" at 17...the scope of that question is massive. Too many scenarios.

I am personally interested in drafting 1st rd WR talent, hence the thread question is limited to WRs likely to be there at 17.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    In your scenario, I don't see Pryor going before #17. I do see Gilbert and possibly Dennard & Ebron gone before #17. I do agree with you about Beckham though... Bc
    The OP stipulated that "first round safeties" have been taken, which I took to include Pryor.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    If I wanted to make a thread about YOUR (or anyone elses) favorite "BPA" at 17...the scope of that question is massive. Too many scenarios.

I am personally interested in drafting 1st rd WR talent, hence the thread question is limited to WRs likely to be there at 17.
    Ah, you're one of those.

Blog Entries

The OP stipulated that "first round safeties" have been taken, which I took to include Pryor.
    Yep, I reread that. There are just so many draft threads with qualifiers that it's hard to keep track of sometimes...LOL Anyway, I do agree with the Beckham choice... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

Quite simply neither need nor value lines up at pick 17 in regards the the Ravens and the WR position, as in, NOT AT ALL. ALL of these players would be a reach at 17, and the Ravens don't have a particularly large need at WR. The premise of the thread is incredibly flawed and the bulk of the posts are suggesting we go in any other direction possible, for good reason.

Quite simply neither need nor value lines up at pick 17 in regards the the Ravens and the WR position, as in, NOT AT ALL. ALL of these players would be a reach at 17, and the Ravens don't have a particularly large need at WR. The premise of the thread is incredibly flawed and the bulk of the posts are suggesting we go in any other direction possible, for good reason.
    Yeah, the stipulations on the thread are really weird. Some people here are just OBSESSED with drafting a receiver, and this thread seems designed to get other people playing along with that mindset. Why not just make the question "which of these three receivers are the best value pick?"

Yeah, the stipulations on the thread are really weird. Some people here are just OBSESSED with drafting a receiver, and this thread seems designed to get other people playing along with that mindset. Why not just make the question "which of these three receivers are the best value pick?"
    Yeah, I'm really scratching my head why we need a first round pick to stand on the sidelines in street clothes until an injury occurs? IF he is lucky, we are talking about 10 catches next year out of this player. Typically our 5th receivers get even less or 0. I could see Watkins or Evans jumping up the depth chart some, but NO ONE else.