Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31

    Re: What would you think about this draft? (Just for kicks on a Friday)



    Gilbert is gone at #10 to DET.




  2. #32

    Re: What would you think about this draft? (Just for kicks on a Friday)

    If as some people think there will be a run on QB's then I'm definitely staying at 17 as there should be some stud players for us to draft.




  3. #33

    Re: What would you think about this draft? (Just for kicks on a Friday)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    If as some people think there will be a run on QB's then I'm definitely staying at 17 as there should be some stud players for us to draft.
    Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm pretty sure we pick at 17 assuming at least 3 QB's go. That would mean at least one of these players is still available:
    Greg Robinson
    Jake Matthews
    Taylor Lewan
    Zach Martin
    Sammy Watkins
    Mike Evans
    Eric Ebron
    Jadaveon Clowney
    Kalil Mack
    Anthony Barr
    Justin Gilbert
    Darqueeze Dennard
    Ha Ha Clinton Dix
    Calvin Pryor
    IF less then 3 QB's go, and NO ONE from this list remains,is, IMO the only way we trade back, if possible. If a trade is unavailable, that is the "nightmare scenario".




  4. #34

    Re: What would you think about this draft? (Just for kicks on a Friday)

    I only see one QB going in the top 20.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  5. #35

    Re: What would you think about this draft? (Just for kicks on a Friday)

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I only see one QB going in the top 20.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I don't see any QB's that "SHOULD" go in the top 20, but I HOPE you are wrong.




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What would you think about this draft? (Just for kicks on a Friday)

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm pretty sure we pick at 17 assuming at least 3 QB's go. That would mean at least one of these players is still available:
    Greg Robinson
    Jake Matthews
    Taylor Lewan
    Zach Martin
    Sammy Watkins
    Mike Evans
    Eric Ebron
    Jadaveon Clowney
    Kalil Mack
    Anthony Barr
    Justin Gilbert
    Darqueeze Dennard
    Ha Ha Clinton Dix
    Calvin Pryor
    IF less then 3 QB's go, and NO ONE from this list remains,is, IMO the only way we trade back, if possible. If a trade is unavailable, that is the "nightmare scenario".
    So under this "nightmare scenario" (which I agree would be worst case) who do we take if all 14 of those players are gone and we can't find a trade back partner? What if 13 are gone and only Ebron is left?

    I'm thinking Fuller is the top target at that point. Next in line would be Beckham, Lee, Nix, and Hageman. I wouldn't wince too hard with Fuller at 17, but anyone other than him, I wouldn't be happy with.




  7. #37

    Re: What would you think about this draft? (Just for kicks on a Friday)

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    So under this "nightmare scenario" (which I agree would be worst case) who do we take if all 14 of those players are gone and we can't find a trade back partner? What if 13 are gone and only Ebron is left?

    I'm thinking Fuller is the top target at that point. Next in line would be Beckham, Lee, Nix, and Hageman. I wouldn't wince too hard with Fuller at 17, but anyone other than him, I wouldn't be happy with.
    I wouldn't be psyched with Ebron either... but...

    Fuller and Nix would be my top two targets, similarly followed by Beckham.




  8. #38

    Re: What would you think about this draft? (Just for kicks on a Friday)

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I don't see any QB's that "SHOULD" go in the top 20, but I HOPE you are wrong.
    I agree...a run of overdrafted QB's like in 2011 would be great.

    A hesitation to overdraft like we saw last year would suck.

    I just think teams saw what happened in 2011 and have learned a lot from it...when you really look at it, the league as a hole has gotten better over the years drafting as more and more owners have tried to mold their front offices like ours, Pittsburgh's New England's and other annually competitive teams.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland