Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Zack Martin could be this years Justin Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Speaking of Pugh and un-sexy players, be forewarned that Zack Martin might not even make it to us. NY who took PUgh still needs line help. There's a big thread on it on the Big Blue Board.

They'll take the Michigan guy if he drops to them and Martin if he doesn't.

I just saw a mock that has us taking Pryor. That has been mentioned here but that is with Zack Martin going @ 19. I don't believe that. No way Oz does that.

A horrible thought, same mock has Evans going to Piss. That would be a nightmare for years to come.
    I believe is Evans falls that far we would trade up. The man should be a top 10 pick. Absolute game-changer for our offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I believe is Evans falls that far we would trade up. The man should be a top 10 pick. Absolute game-changer for our offense.
    Man, I hope so. That's the only thing about the draft that scares the hell out of me - Piss getting Evans. They are desperate for defensive help. They need LBs, NTs, CBs, and Safeties. Even their fans tell me TP is too old and slow. Oz got rid of Reed for being too old and slow but they hang on to TP.

With all their D needs, they'd take Evans and they need a WR too. If Evans doesn't drop but Ebron does, they'll draft him instead of MOsley or NT. If none of them are there they'll take the d-guy - either Mosley or NT.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I am loving the recent mocks Im seeing that have Lewan falling to us at 17. For the most part Ive been cool on Martin but IF Lewan and the big two CBs are gone and we don't think one of the DTs is worth going 17 (not to mention and if we don't trade down) then fine...... get Martin. I do like his versatility and quickness and the reports always mention his intelligence which you crave in an OL. I just have a hard time getting past his length or lack there of.

I mean if we wound up doing the reverse of what we did with JO when he first started out I would be more OK with him at 17. I bet hed be a lights out All Pro level G.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

JO started out at OG only because we had a good LT. Then he left and JO moved over to his natural position and he went to HOF. He would have been the best OG but he was drafted to be the LT.

Lewan doesn't get by Giants. They need him bad and he will go there. If he's gone they'll draft Zack Martin.

Yeah I'm also thinking that Zach Martin could easily be picked before we step up. He's just too darned useful of a player. And early runs on the top OL guys are not at all unusual.

Blog Entries

Damn, speaking of runs on top OL, just take a look at last year's draft below. The first 3 of 4 players drafted were OTs with a DE sandwiched in as the 3d pick of the draft. Then two Guards were taken after that at the 7th and 10th spots and another OT at the 11th spot.

Then another OT, PUGH was taken @ #19 and a Guard @ #20. Only other positions taken in the top 10 were a WR @ #8, Tavon Austin, and a CB @ #9.
    Mike EVans is this year's Tavon Austin and should go around the same spot.

NO QBs, or RBs were taken in top 10 picks and only 1 scoring threat, a WR @ #8. They were mostly offensive and defensive linemen with 1 CB and WR mixed in.

Nope, if this run on o-linemen continues we don't have a shot at Zack Martin. Seems like every team needs one just like him.

1 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan MAC [8]
    2 Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M SEC
    3 Miami Dolphins Dion Jordan DE Oregon Pac-12 from Oakland[R1 - 1]
    4 Philadelphia Eagles Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma Big 12
    5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU Ind.
    6 Cleveland Browns Barkevious Mingo DE LSU SEC
    7 Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Cooper G North Carolina ACC
    8 St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin WR West Virginia Big 12 from Buffalo[R1 - 2]
    9 New York Jets Dee Milliner CB Alabama SEC
    10 Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack G Alabama SEC
    11 San Diego Chargers D. J. Fluker OT Alabama SEC
    12 Oakland Raiders D. J. Hayden CB Houston C-USA from Miami[R1 - 3]
    13 New York Jets Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri SEC from Tampa Bay[R1 - 4]
    14 Carolina Panthers Star Lotulelei DT Utah Pac-12
    15 New Orleans Saints Kenny Vaccaro S Texas Big 12
    16 Buffalo Bills E. J. Manuel QB Florida State ACC from St. Louis[R1 - 5]
    17 Pittsburgh Steelers Jarvis Jones LB Georgia SEC
    18 San Francisco 49ers Eric Reid† S LSU SEC from Dallas[R1 - 6]
    19 New York Giants Justin Pugh OT Syracuse Big East
    20 Chicago Bears Kyle Long† G Oregon Pac-12
    21 Cincinnati Bengals Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame Ind.
    22 Atlanta Falcons Desmond Tr
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-22-2014 at 12:46 PM.