Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Zack Martin could be this years Justin Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No Chance.
    Lewan is just as ready to play, if not more so, is MUCH more athletic and MUCH larger.
    He's a whole separate class of prospect/
    But Zack has the best techniques in the draft and can play three positions on the line - a big plus that Ozzie values. I haven't heard much of the MIchigan guy til this thread. I heard nothing but good things about Zack.

Like posted, he gives us the most physical line since JO and Zuess.

Zack is the safe pick @17 just on techniques and starts right away.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    But Zack has the best techniques in the draft and can play three positions on the line - a big plus that Ozzie values. I haven't heard much of the MIchigan guy til this thread. I heard nothing but good things about Zack.

Like posted, he gives us the most physical line since JO and Zuess.

Zack is the safe pick @17 just on techniques and starts right away.
    Lewan is unquestionably more physical.
    He is "slightly" less versatile, as he is a tackle only, but MUCH more likely to play LT at a high level then Martin.
    Lewan would quite possibly have gone #1 overall if he had elected to enter last year's draft.

You haven't heard much about him because only recently has it ever seemed possible he would make it out of the top 10...
    His arrest is what has people wondering if he slides.
    I still doubt he makes it past around 7... the 3 LT's are three of the best prospects in the entire draft.

Blog Entries

Well, we have enough guys with arrest records already although one just got off but if Ozzie is sincere about character he'll take Zack who would be the clean safe pick. Just my humble opinion on a message board.

Even the Draft Day movie got the character part right and caused Sonny to take the other guy instead of the hot shot QB of the draft.

Lewan is unquestionably more physical.
    He is "slightly" less versatile, as he is a tackle only, but MUCH more likely to play LT at a high level then Martin.
    Lewan would quite possibly have gone #1 overall if he had elected to enter last year's draft.

You haven't heard much about him because only recently has it ever seemed possible he would make it out of the top 10...
    His arrest is what has people wondering if he slides.
    I still doubt he makes it past around 7... the 3 LT's are three of the best prospects in the entire draft.
    There has been so much hype on this board about Zack Martin, and rightfully so, he is a very good player. But Lewan is a much better prospect for the tackle position. He can play both RT and LT. This guy is a beast, from a school that is known for producing pro bowl linemen. I don't see his arrest as a problem for his draft position. It was a misdemeanor charge for a bar fight after a game with Ohio State. Their arch rival. Which is why I don't think he makes it to 17. But if he does, I'm pretty sure Oz will pounce.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

NFL draftcoundown has him listed as the #24 WR.
    That might be a bit of a stretch, but I can't see how he's in virtually anyone's top 10 WR's...

1st round is at least 2 rounds too high.

To get him into the first round I assume that means you have him ahead of Beckham, Landry, Moncrief, Adams, Matthews, Robinson, and Richardson?
    I don't have Latimer rated higher than those guys you brought up. All I am saying is it appears that the organization is VERY high on Latimer, and it does not appear to be any sort of smokescreen. And I think the team couldn't care less where NFL draftcountdown has Latimer rated.

Blog Entries

Latimer?

I'm sure there is interest...but come on guys.

Smoke and Mirrors. When does Ozzie so willingly tip his hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I might be in the minority, but if Martin is available and with Kubiak's known abililty to develop nobodies on the o-line, could this be a situation where we trade back or would he be the pick?

I was thinking that unless it's Robinson, Matthews, or Lewan, we would go another direction at 17, but maybe I'm just not as high on Martin like others. Couldn't a Martin clone be had in the middle rounds, but the same couldn't be said of the other positions except WR?

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    There has been so much hype on this board about Zack Martin, and rightfully so, he is a very good player. But Lewan is a much better prospect for the tackle position. He can play both RT and LT. This guy is a beast, from a school that is known for producing pro bowl linemen. I don't see his arrest as a problem for his draft position. It was a misdemeanor charge for a bar fight after a game with Ohio State. Their arch rival. Which is why I don't think he makes it to 17. But if he does, I'm pretty sure Oz will pounce.
    Yeah Lewan is on the no brainer list. Martin ,on the other hand, I would consider many other players over him or a trade back.

Blog Entries

I'm just not feeling it. Someone better will fall. Especially where we're picking and with the ability to move up a couple spots if needed. I've said it time and time again, we're picking the highest we have in many years. We NEED to get that IMPACT possible Game Changer guy in this years draft. Be it offense or defense. We haven't drafted someone like that in years. This year is our best chance and probably our best chance for the next few years also.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I'm just not feeling it. Someone better will fall. Especially where we're picking and with the ability to move up a couple spots if needed. I've said it time and time again, we're picking the highest we have in many years. We NEED to get that IMPACT possible Game Changer guy in this years draft. Be it offense or defense. We haven't drafted someone like that in years. This year is our best chance and probably our best chance for the next few years also.
    Exactly I felt that way all offseason. I love Ozzie and I agree with having more bodies creating depth and build a great roster top to bottom. This draft is the draft where it is appropriate to sacrifice depth for a cornerstone talent because the top is lacking. The draft scenario may play out where that is not feasible, and the depth strategy is more desirable but we should try our damn best to find that guy who the other team must gameplay around for the next ten years. I don't think Martin is that guy, and if he is bpa maybe trade back and fill depth is once again the move.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Latimer?

I'm sure there is interest...but come on guys.

Smoke and Mirrors. When does Ozzie so willingly tip his hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think they're using Engram attending Latimer's private workout as a means to proliferate a smoke and mirrors act here. I think the interest in Latimer is legitimate, and he's a prospect that is shooting up boards; hell, even Bucky Brooks has us drafting him in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I would really be happy if Lewan get's within our "reach". I'm willing to trade our 3rd round pick to move up for him.
    Agree, the arrest is minimal in the grand scheme of things.