Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Zack Martin could be this years Justin Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He has those comp picks. Of course he can only trade regular picks but will still have the comp picks left over.

He has the ammo if he wants Ward and he's drafting higher at 17 than last year at #32 where he got Elam and Brown.

Just saying but thanks for liking. The real guys that know football on here know what I'm saying.
    Definitely don't agree with you. You aren't comparing apples to apples. Last year, we had 4th and 5th rounders that were tradable.

Last year we did indeed trade up in the 2nd round in order to get Arthur Brown. In order to move up from 62 to 56, we had to give up a 5th and 6th rounder for just six spots. We wanted Brown badly and had an excess of late-round picks, so it made sense.

This year, we only have two tradable picks after round two (3rd and 6th rounder). It's going to cost more to move up from pick 48 than pick 62. So the only way we are going to be able to move up from 48 to draft anyone in the early 2nd round (like Ward) is to give up our 3rd round pick (#79). I just don't see Ozzie doing that. In this draft, pick 79 is still going to be a darn good player who might be capable of being a day-one starter.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Definitely don't agree with you. You aren't comparing apples to apples. Last year, we had 4th and 5th rounders that were tradable.

Last year we did indeed trade up in the 2nd round in order to get Arthur Brown. In order to move up from 62 to 56, we had to give up a 5th and 6th rounder for just six spots. We wanted Brown badly and had an excess of late-round picks, so it made sense.

This year, we only have two tradable picks after round two (3rd and 6th rounder). It's going to cost more to move up from pick 48 than pick 62. So the only way we are going to be able to move up from 48 to draft anyone in the early 2nd round (like Ward) is to give up our 3rd round pick (#79). I just don't see Ozzie doing that. In this draft, pick 79 is still going to be a darn good player who might be capable of being a day-one starter.
    IMO, if pick 79 is part of a package to move UP in a round, it will be in round 1, to secure Lewan or Mike Evans, ONLY.
    Of course I could be wrong, but that is my guess. I simply can't see another player worthy of forfeiting that pick(unless for some crazy reason, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews, Clowney, or Mack somehow magically are in range).

I am starting to feel that Cody Latimer might be our first-round pick this year, AFTER TRADING BACK INTO THE 20s. Engram is attending his private workout, and there is a growing buzz surrounding Latimer at the Castle. He is also skyrocketing up draft boards, and wouldn't be a reach as a late first-round selection.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I am starting to feel that Cody Latimer might be our first-round pick this year, AFTER TRADING BACK INTO THE 20s. Engram is attending his private workout, and there is a growing buzz surrounding Latimer at the Castle. He is also skyrocketing up draft boards, and wouldn't be a reach as a late first-round selection.
    I like Lattimer. I mocked him to the Ravens in the 2nd edition of my draft...in the 4th round! I think Latimer is a definite target, but I believe it's for a later pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    IMO, if pick 79 is part of a package to move UP in a round, it will be in round 1, to secure Lewan or Mike Evans, ONLY.
    Of course I could be wrong, but that is my guess. I simply can't see another player worthy of forfeiting that pick(unless for some crazy reason, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews, Clowney, or Mack somehow magically are in range).
    This is exactly what I said earlier. If we have to trade up in order to get one of Lewan or Evans, and have to sacrifice our 3rd rounder to do it, I would be on board. Those are the exact two players I said would be worth that sacrifice. Trading a 3rd rounder to move up in the 2nd round doesn't make sense IMO.

This is exactly what I said earlier. If we have to trade up in order to get one of Lewan or Evans, and have to sacrifice our 3rd rounder to do it, I would be on board. Those are the exact two players I said would be worth that sacrifice. Trading a 3rd rounder to move up in the 2nd round doesn't make sense IMO.
    And I agree for the exact same reasons. the difference between a player at the top of the 2nd and the middle of the second IS NOT as valuable as a player found in this year's middle 3rd round.

Alternatively, the difference between Mike Evans/Taylor Lewan vs a player likely to be available at 17 is HUGE(use Z Martin, M Lee, B Cooks as examples). .

We have been agreeing a lot lately LD...

Blog Entries
    Cody Lattimer is no where near 1st rd calibre. Taking him as a trade back option could be another AJ Jenkins type pick, and could fail miserably.

I like Lattimer. I mocked him to the Ravens in the 2nd edition of my draft...in the 4th round! I think Latimer is a definite target, but I believe it's for a later pick.
    He'll get drafted well before the fourth round.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Cody Lattimer is no where near 1st rd calibre. Taking him as a trade back option could be another AJ Jenkins type pick, and could fail miserably.
    Jenkins does not have Latimer's combination of size and speed. No one understood the Jenkins selection when it was made; there'd be a more positive reaction if Latimer is taken late in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Jenkins does not have Latimer's combination of size and speed. No one understood the Jenkins selection when it was made; there'd be a more positive reaction if Latimer is taken late in the first round.
    NFL draftcoundown has him listed as the #24 WR.
    That might be a bit of a stretch, but I can't see how he's in virtually anyone's top 10 WR's...

1st round is at least 2 rounds too high.

To get him into the first round I assume that means you have him ahead of Beckham, Landry, Moncrief, Adams, Matthews, Robinson, and Richardson?

Cool Re: Zack Martin could be this years Justin Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I know we disagree but I would also include Barr and maybe Gilbert too if they dropped. You can never have enough pass rushers and maybe getting the top CB in the draft is tempting too!

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I know we disagree but I would also include Barr and maybe Gilbert too if they dropped. You can never have enough pass rushers and maybe getting the top CB in the draft is tempting too!
    I like Barr and Gilbert as possibilities at 17, but not sure I would trade our third round pick and #17 to get either of them...