Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

The NFL already announced that it will release the schedule on April 22nd.

Blog Entries

Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    The NFL already announced that it will release the schedule on April 22nd.
    The NFL hasn't announced a damn thing, yet. ProFootballtalk speculated it would be released the 22nd, or the 23rd, or the 24th. But other than their PR guy tweeting "we will announce it when we announce it" the NFL has been silent on this other than running a crawl on NFL network saying "2014 NFL schedule release coming soon".

I don't get why people are so upset that the NFL hasn't released the schedule yet.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I don't get why people are so upset that the NFL hasn't released the schedule yet.
    It's part of being an NFL fan.

Everybody's starving for football again and seeing who you play and when builds up the momentum of knowing the season is coming soon.

Kind of like the draft...

No matter who we draft, none of us know how well those guys will perform, but it's like getting cool christmas presents except in the Spring.

That, and people want to start planning their year with road trips, etc. (flights, hotels, etc.)

In my case, I am planning on going to New Orleans with several folks on here.
    I need to get my vacation request turned into work ASAP before others may request the same days off and I'm denied those days.
    The delay of the schedule seriously reduces the chances that my request days off are granted, particularly if it's around a holiday weekend.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    It's part of being an NFL fan.

Everybody's starving for football again and seeing who you play and when builds up the momentum of knowing the season is coming soon.

Kind of like the draft...

No matter who we draft, none of us know how well those guys will perform, but it's like getting cool christmas presents except in the Spring.

That, and people want to start planning their year with road trips, etc. (flights, hotels, etc.)

In my case, I am planning on going to New Orleans with several folks on here.
    I need to get my vacation request turned into work ASAP before others may request the same days off and I'm denied those days.
    The delay of the schedule seriously reduces the chances that my request days off are granted, particularly if it's around a holiday weekend.
    I get all that. People are trying to plan vacations/travel days to attend games. I'm in the same boat living in Germany and wanting to attend at least 2 games this year.

The off season sucks and we all are starved for the NFL...it just seems like the popular thing to do is hate on the NFL.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

As Fanatic said, the schedule for the last part of the year depends on the NFL schedule. Whether it is an away game or scheduling other events, how it all plays out is important. When I invest the kind of money I do into season tickets I want to go to all of them, and with 3 of 4 children living out of state, getting them an opportunity to come to town for a game is a project.

And yea I am addicted to the sport.
    Captain Offense

it just seems like the popular thing to do is hate on the NFL.
    :word

Blog Entries

I love the NFL. For an organization that gets so much right, it surprises me that they screwed this up. I, like many try to go to one away game a year, preferably someplace warm like Miami or New Orleans, or someplace fun like Nashville. These games are always well attended by lots of folks wearing purple.

As many others have said, I have to make work and travel arrangements. I hold off making reservations for work trips until after the schedule comes out. Add in a wife and possibly older adult kids going who also work, and the planning becomes exponentially more difficult. And hotel and airline tickets only get more expensive as time goes by. With half of Baltimore wanting to go back to New Orleans this year, I suspect cheap tickets the weekend of that game will go quickly.

I would really like to go back to New Orleans this year, but with a wedding already planned in October and other family plans in the fall and winter, I am not sure whether that will be an option this year.

After the winter we had this year who wouldn't want to plan a trip to New Orleans, Miami or Tampa (if New Orleans does not work out)?

...it just seems like the popular thing to do is hate on the NFL.
    If the NFL treated the fans with any sort of respect there wouldn't be the hate. Instead, they pull some fake bull crap and try to pass it off as truth, insulting our intelligence. All they had to do was to come clean from the start and say they were shifting the dates of a variety of activities and explain why (or not). Instead, they make it look like it is someone else's fault - the good old game of shifting the blame and failing to be a stand up enterprise. They do this with a lot of things. Nobody likes to be lied to, and nobody likes to be jerked around.

Blog Entries

schedules will be out by this time next week. good enough for me...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If the NFL treated the fans with any sort of respect there wouldn't be the hate. Instead, they pull some fake bull crap and try to pass it off as truth, insulting our intelligence. All they had to do was to come clean from the start and say they were shifting the dates of a variety of activities and explain why (or not). Instead, they make it look like it is someone else's fault - the good old game of shifting the blame and failing to be a stand up enterprise. They do this with a lot of things. Nobody likes to be lied to, and nobody likes to be jerked around.
    I disagree that the NFL should "respect" the fans. The NFL doesn't owe any fan anything. If you don't like their practices than stop viewing their programs and stop spending your money on them. Just complaining comes off as childish IMO.
    Last edited by Dade; 04-18-2014 at 10:19 AM.