Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

WOW - Brandon Williams lifts 525 pounds, great turnout for voluntary practice

Damn - Brandon Williams has already maxed out on his 2d day during the voluntary workouts pressing 525 pounds. He did it couple of weeks ago too.

Only question remains - can he rush and take the heat of Ngata. Mt
    Cody was big too but couldn't. Of course he was all fat which caused injuries but he had a lack of techniques too.

When Brandon was drafted he told the story how he cleaned out port a pots in college to support his mom. He had to lift them onto the truck and he pretended they were o-linemen and just tossed them aside. He said he did get some poop on him once in a while-lol.

Elsewhere there was also a good turnout for the voluntary workouts. Looks like
    HARBs has instilled a great attitude in this team. This team is serious about winning and
    they're hitting the weight room, not just Brandon. See pics.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-e43f118fd7c3

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-14671dca3116
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-22-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: WOW - Brandon Williams lifts 525 pounds, great turnout for voluntary practice

The Hulk is right. He'll be benching cars next.

Blog Entries

Re: WOW - Brandon Williams lifts 525 pounds, great turnout for voluntary practice

LOL - So right. There was a movie with Bert Reynolds and he's getting away from the sherriff and drives into the stadium where Squeelers are practicing and he knew Terry Bradshaw. The sherriff pulls up and Bert asks Terry to help out so he got the big steel curtain to come in and turn the car over.

Now, Brandon could turn the car over himself in the movie-lol. F*ck the steel curtain. We got Brandon.

Man, Im hyped to see this stuff. I need my football fix NOW.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-22-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    LOL - So right. There was a movie with Bert Reynolds and he getting away from the sherriff and drives into the stadium where Squeelers are practicing and he knew Terry Bradshaw. The sherriff pulls up and Bert asks Terry to help out so he got the big steel curtain to come in and turn the car over.

Now, Brandon could turn the car over himself in the movie-lol. F*ck the steel curtain. We got Brandon.

Man, Im hyped to see this stuff. I need my football fix NOW.

Smokey and the Bandit (?) The sheriff was Jackie Gleason... Bc

This guy has All-Pro potential.

But is he a football player....that remains to be seen! He can lift a lot of weight, but can he use it to his advantage on the football field....we shall see?!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

The thing I like about him is he just isn't fat for a NT. He has everything you could want in terms of athleticism/strength/intangibles for a NT. Whether he can channel that with a football IQ is yet to be seen. We will see soon. He has a hell of a lot of potential though
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

That's like lifting two dudes at the same time weighing slightly over 250 lbs each.

Geesh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    That's like lifting two dudes at the same time weighing slightly over 250 lbs each.

Geesh.
    OR like lifting my sister-in-law holding her teddy bear... Bc

Blog Entries

LOL BC. Rose always says she has a fat ass but it ain't. I can make a meal of just that, but just think, if Brandon can pick up two dudes at the same time he should be able to push aside two blockers at the same time - hopefully. Hell, I did it at my lowly level vs a RB from Kenwood High School. He never got by me as I shredded my blockers. They ran to the other side of the field and I still caught up to him.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-22-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    OR like lifting my sister-in-law holding her teddy bear... Bc
    Or lifting Gino holding your SIL :p
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    But is he a football player
    Williams is a terrific football player. The fact that he's a weight room freak is just an ancillary benefit.

Williams dominated at the collegiate level, and played everywhere on the D-Line.

I LOVED him coming out in the draft...and predicted both the Ravens selecting him, and the correct round.

I really thought he was going to come in and take a starting job right away. That didn't happen, the jump from DII to the NFL is enormous, but I fully expect Williams to play a ton of snaps with a year in the league under his belt.