Ivy League Football Player whose favorite team is the Ravens can jump 66.5 inches (VIDEO) WOW

I thought I would share this story with you. Dartmouth football player Garrett Waggoner, who claims his toughest player he has faced was Raven full back Kyle Juszczyk and his favorite team is the Ravens, can jump through the gym.

At his regional combine the guy had a 43 inch vertical which would have been the best of any player at the Combine this year.

Here is his interview with NFL Draft Diamonds, and they had a video of him after.

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/draft-di...r-s-dartmouth/

He then posted a video to Youtube jumping 66.5 inches. This is crazy.

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/ivy-leag...-inches-video/

Re: Ivy League Football Player whose favorite team is the Ravens can jump 66.5 inches (VIDEO) WOW

Sign me up. Good athlete, smart, humble and tough. We have an extra sixth rounder and need a safety.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: Ivy League Football Player whose favorite team is the Ravens can jump 66.5 inches (VIDEO) WOW

Three people you would want to have dinner with?

Jesus, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and Dick LeBeau.

One of these things is not like the others. :D

Quote Originally Posted by drocksthaparty View Post
    I thought I would share this story with you. Dartmouth football player Garrett Waggoner, who claims his toughest player he has faced was Raven full back Kyle Juszczyk and his favorite team is the Ravens, can jump through the gym.
    Obligatorily reporting in as a Dartmouth alum.

Seriously though, I remember hearing about this guy. I wonder if he has a snowball's chance to make the team; it would be a dream come true for him, I'm sure. That's an insane jump. Imagine if he could jump over offensive linemen like that!
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Imagine if he could jump over offensive linemen like that!
    If nothing else, draft him to block opponents' place-kicks--he wouldn't need to climb on someone's back! :D
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

While the jump was impressive, one needs to put it into perspective. 66" is 5 1/2 feet. It's not as if his vertical is that - he jumped over a bar with an approach and pulling up his legs. High schoolers can high jump over a 6' bar on a regular basis and a lot of college guys can high jump over a 7' bar. The technique is certainly different, but I would bet that a lot of them can go over 5 1/2 feet using the form this guy did.

That doesn't mean I don't think the Ravens should call him up after the draft and see if they can't get him into camp, but there is probably no reason to spend a pick on him.