Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Another 49er in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Idiot, just an idiot. Bye bye nfl career. Moran.
    Not to pile on but...

Ouch, guess who is the idiot now? Whoops. Moron!!!

Blog Entries

Adding the word "could" changes context entirely. Wondering who left that out Smith or Ortiz.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Ouch, guess who is the idiot now? Whoops. Moron!!!
    See, and I actually thought you were INTENTIONALLY trying to make a funny by misspelling that...lol
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Adding the word "could" changes context entirely. Wondering who left that out Smith or Ortiz.
    Very much so. Still stupid to bring that up, but if Smith says "Why not (search me further)? I [could] have a bomb", that seems more like he's just criticizing the TSA agent on his job performance, not so much claiming to actually have a bomb.

Again, still reeks of stupidity. I generally try to be pleasant and polite with TSA and police and alike, because as much as you want to give them shit about hassling you, they have to deal with much shittier people and are basically responsible for keeping you alive.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Another 49er in trouble

There are signs and, in some airports, recorded messages saying that even joking about a bomb will get you locked up.

I've traveled through LAX dozens of times and you'd have to be an idiot to miss the signs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Very much so. Still stupid to bring that up, but if Smith says "Why not (search me further)? I [could] have a bomb", that seems more like he's just criticizing the TSA agent on his job performance, not so much claiming to actually have a bomb.

Again, still reeks of stupidity. I generally try to be pleasant and polite with TSA and police and alike, because as much as you want to give them shit about hassling you, they have to deal with much shittier people and are basically responsible for keeping you alive.
    i never understood being a dick to police/authority types, its not going to help your cause. Obviously theres some bad ones out there that abuse power but for the most part theyre just honest people with an extremely difficult job to do.

Smith was dumb and even though i threw out that scenario, it seems he was irate with them for asking in the first place, not critiquing their job so i dont think its likely that he added the "could". He clearly has some issues and maybe needs to do a couple ride alongs to gain some perspective.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There are signs and, in some airports, recorded messages saying that even joking about a bomb will get you locked up.

I've traveled through LAX dozens of times and you'd have to be an idiot to miss the signs.
    I felt that was common knowledge without ever seeing a sign.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I felt that was common knowledge without ever seeing a sign.
    I mean, it was in Meet the Parents, a movie made BEFORE September 11th...

You CAN'T say bomb on an airplane/airport.

Blog Entries

Aldon Smith is a known idiot

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    they have to deal with much shittier people and are basically responsible for keeping you alive.
    Not to be persnickety but the police are NOT responsible for keeping people alive.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...otus.html?_r=0

You and you alone are responsible for keeping you alive.

Blog Entries

Not to be persnickety but the police are NOT responsible for keeping people alive.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...otus.html?_r=0

You and you alone are responsible for keeping you alive.
    I think he meant passively by doing their job and keeping the law breakers/psychos at bay... at least as much as one can.

did you read that story? how did they not have reason to arrest him when he kidnapped their children by breaking a restraining order that specifically stated an arrest should be issued? Whats the point of a restraining order if they cant legally enforce it?
    -JAB