Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Understood, however either there's more to this story, and then it becomes serious, or there's nothing more to it and you all are protecting a women who put herself in a stupid situation to begin with.
    It seems like, culturally, this self-responsibility doesn't apply to men. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I seem to remember a certain female going over to a athletes apartment at like 2am drunk off her ass and than claiming rape the next day. In the end it was admitted she lied, it was consensual and she just wanted money. Anyone else remember that story from a few years ago? I actually feel bad for a lot of these guys.
    I mean - I don't know who JustaslowZ06 is talking about here, but isn't responding to a drunken booty call at 2am putting oneself in just as stupid a situation? No, it doesn't mean you deserve a false rape accusation, but neither does being the only woman partying with three dudes mean you have to put out. To my mind, they are both scenarios in which, if they are gonna go bad, there are likely any number of red flags showing that it's not a cool scene. Women, it seems, should absolutely see them. Guys....apparently, declining to have sex with somebody because it is clearly not a good idea is physiologically impossible for men. Or, so this thread suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Thank you, HR and JAB1985. Both you guys clearly "get it" re: consent and gender dynamics.

JAB, I'm going to remember your line about consent not being about the past or future but the present. That really is a marvelously succinct way of putting it.
    Yes, JAB. Thank you.

Blog Entries

If the police report does say that they were smoking pot does the NFL care?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If the police report does say that they were smoking pot does the NFL care?
    As long as they don't test positive, no, they don't care.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    It seems like, culturally, this self-responsibility doesn't apply to men. For example:

I mean - I don't know who JustaslowZ06 is talking about here, but isn't responding to a drunken booty call at 2am putting oneself in just as stupid a situation? No, it doesn't mean you deserve a false rape accusation, but neither does being the only woman partying with three dudes mean you have to put out. To my mind, they are both scenarios in which, if they are gonna go bad, there are likely any number of red flags showing that it's not a cool scene. Women, it seems, should absolutely see them. Guys....apparently, declining to have sex with somebody because it is clearly not a good idea is physiologically impossible for men. Or, so this thread suggests.

Yes, JAB. Thank you.
    The high school kid who was released from jail after she admitted she lied. Brian Banks maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    It didn't have to be explained. My orginal response to bmorecareful was his comment that "no means no" he didn't say "no means no as well as being passed out"...well of course no shit about that. My comment was off his exact comment, "No" wasn't said so maybe doing something to someone while unconscious should have been a better choice of words. As of right now there is 0 evidence that anything happened to her. You cry wolf, but admit that nothing happened while you're awoke and there's not much evidence, sorry I'm not that naive. Show more proof of sexual assult and of course I'll change my tone.
    Ah, I see. Fair enough.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

TMZ, believe what you want, until the police make an official charge, I'm not buying it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Frankly, this sounds like a bunch of naive, misogynistic bullshit. Tell me this, what other kind of victim is subject to this kind of immediate character smearing?

If I go to the police and file a complaint that I've been mugged and the story happens to get media attention for whatever reason, would anyone accuse me of a "money grab" and say "it's your own fault for being in the wrong part of town/etc"?

Of course not, because 1) I'm a man, so I instantly have more credibility than a woman, and 2) rape victims are a special class of victims who need to prove they WEREN'T asking for it or lying their asses off in order to be taken seriously. And that mentality is exactly why we still have a LONG way to go as a society in terms of sex and gender.
    That's not even close to the same thing. If you're mugged of course it's a money grab lol.

But I'll play along just for fun. If you use the ATM at midnight on North Ave and get robbed than YES I am gonna say it's your own dumbarse fault lol.

Blog Entries

But what I'm really saying is he's already slept with her and he waits till she's passed out to cop a feel? Sorry that just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    But what I'm really saying is he's already slept with her and he waits till she's passed out to cop a feel? Sorry that just doesn't pass the sniff test.
    That part she does remember otherwise we wouodnt know about it. Seems she was in the act of passing out while it happened. Plausible that he realized it was a lost cause and thats when he left the room. The thing shes clearly worried about, and I havent seen her say it sexual assault, but that she has no idea what happened. If your last memory was somebody you were friends with trying to do you and then you woke up in a hospital you wouldnt be suspicious? Id want to know what the hell happened. Im not sure if it was being driven by her, the hospital or the police. Youre in the hospital unconscious people are going to ask questions and if you dont have answers I can easily see why it would be investigated.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

As a girl, you have to know what you're getting into going to an apartment with 3 NFL players by yourself. I obviously don't condone any illegal behavior, but this whole thing smells fishy to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    As long as they don't test positive, no, they don't care.
    Then they shouldn't care about Deonte or any other play that is arrested for pot. As long as they don't test positive. Frankly I agree with this but not sure the league is consistent with this approach

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Have you not been around guys who go to each other's apartments, pour shots, then someone invents some sort of "requirement" that first everybody has to do a bong hit? Or some other dumb stunt? That's pretty standard party behavior everywhere.

People over-do it and pass out. Happens a lot. Girls, and guys. In college, many a poor fellow has woken up with magic marker on his face, or perhaps even a missing eyebrow.

Even if she had, as you say, "planned on putting out", plans do change. If she felt sick and had to lie down, and didn't want to "put out" anymore, what right does anyone have to unilaterally decide to go ahead with it anyway?

Seriously, some of you guys have me hoping my daughters grow up to be lesbians. No fricking way I want them mixing with your offspring if that's all the wisdom you have to offer.
    The braud shouldn't even be there smoking a bong in the first place. If her mind changes, it needs to change on her way out the door, not into some guy's room that she may or may not even know like that. Call yourself a cab, head straight for the door and call it a night.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore