Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When you go into the jungle, you know the danger that is there. Technically, no, it's not your fault that the lion ate you, but common sense wouldn't lead you to think that you are going to walk into the jungle, or a lion's den and not be eaten.
    Actually, if you walk into a lion's den it IS your fault if a lion eats you. If you are a human being of sound mind, you understand that a lion's natural instinct--in ITS mind, what it is SUPPOSED to do--is eat you. You exist to a lion solely for the purpose of being eaten. That lion exists solely for the purpose of eating you. If you went to Africa on a safari tour with, let's say, Wildlife Safari Tours, and you hopped out the jeep and went prancing across the serengeti and a lion ate you, your family would lose its lawsuit against Wildlife Safari Tours because nature is nature. There was no reason to assume a lion WOULD NOT eat you.

You are doing no favors to men everywhere by comparing sexual assault to people getting eaten by lions. A lion will eat what it eats when it wants to because that's what nature has told it is the right thing to do for its survival. How is raping someone equivalent to that? Because men are like lions, and if you put a piece of meat in front of them they are no longer accountable for their actions? Because men naturally think it's RIGHT to put their penis in things, with no disregard for if the living thing they put it in wanted it there? Because men are predators with no self-control? Granted, some men are like this, but I think the majority are not. And those who are need to grow the fuck up and learn self-control before they end up in jail.

You can say you're not condoning rape until the cows come home, and I truly believe you believe you are not, but there is nothing--NOTHING--in the world that makes it OK for a man to have sex with a woman if that woman has not consented. Nothing. Being in an apartment with three men, two of them strangers, was not advisable on many levels, but it doesn't mean her body is no longer hers. Being there when she'd previously had sex with one of those guys doesn't mean her body is no longer hers. Going into a bedroom doesn't mean her body is no longer hers. I myself could walk into any man's house in America, plop down on their bed totally naked, and take pills/drink/whatever to make myself go unconscious before they came home. When they do come home and find me, they STILL don't have the right to have sex with me. There is no such thing as "asking for it," which is what you're missing.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Whole lot of blame the victim in this thread. SMH. Yes she shouldn't had put herself in that situation, but that doesn't anything that may have happened to her is her own fault. How about holding the rapist accountable. Just because there is a female in your apartment getting high with you, doesn't give you free reign to do whatever you want. As far as her "common sense", I am willing to give a young person (assuming her age) a pass largely. How many things did each of us do in our youth that, knowing better now, we wish we hadn't done or are lucky things didn't end up bad.

Also I believe she isn't the one crying rape. She woke up in a hospital with no memory of the previous night. She's probably confused and freighted, and looking for answers. Instead of jumping to conclusions, how about we wait for further information (like the majority wanted to do with Rice) before we blame anyone.
    The 2nd paragraph is what exceletor and some others appear to be missing. Theyre immediately assuming shes lying because she put herself in a bad situation when im not convinced shes even the one driving it or saying its sexual assault to begin with. She has no idea what happened. I still dont see hanging out with 3 dudes as a bad situation until THEY make it a bad situation so I think thats BS, but either way she and the police are investigating because theres questions with no answers.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How many times do we have to say this....

We are not condoning rape. We don't believe one occurred. We believe the story, with its implication that a rape took place, is false.....furthermore...I'll put it like this...

When you go into the jungle, you know the danger that is there. Technically, no, it's not your fault that the lion ate you, but common sense wouldn't lead you to think that you are going to walk into the jungle, or a lion's den and not be eaten. Hence, why people don't just go waltzing into Lion's dens. If you enter a warzone and you get shot, it's the fault of the person who pulls the trigger, but that doesn't mean you go into the warzone thinking you won't get shot. Hence, why people tend to stay away from warzones. When you're teammates with Tony Romo, you are going to lose in heartbreaking fashion. It's Romo's fault that you do so, but that doesn't mean it's common sense to become a member of the Cowboys and expect Romo to lead you to a Super Bowl. Hence why any sane player would abandon the Dallas Cowboys as quickly as possible. So, while we are indeed criticizing the young women and the legitimacy of the story, considering she entered a guy's apartment (Not even Kaepernick's), started voluntarily POURING THEM shots, then agreed to hit a bong, then voluntarily went to lay down in a guy's room she might not have even known that well, instead of calling for a cab or a friend and leaving once she felt light headed, and either did not want to put out to them or did not expect them to want some, we are not condoning the actions of these men if they indeed raped her.

And might I add that for the record, this is nothing new, this is what we do. A guy finds himself the victim of a robbery. We don't condone the robbery, but we heavily criticize the guy for having $50,000 cash in his car. We don't condone that the guy got mixed up in a fight and we don't condone those who assaulted him, but we are quick to criticize him for strutting to the club with his guyfriends, with all the money and jewelry. We don't condone the guy who injured/killed himself and his friend because he decided to get behind the wheel of a car while heavily intoxicated. But we will criticize his friend for making the decision to even be in the car with him in the first place.

I thought that we could have a conversation where we can actually differentiate between the two, but obviously we can't with this particular type of accusation. Which is partly why you end up with cases such as the guy I eluded to earlier. Five years in jail, football dreams shattered, has to pretty much start all over, with zero repercussions for the woman who lied about the whole thing, with nobody having shit to say to him after the pitchforks were out for him when he was first convicted.
    Your jungle reference makes all men out to be sexual predators incapable of self control. Thats ridiculous.

I mean a woman with three dudes hanging out and drinking/smoking how did she think she wouldnt be molested/raped if she passed out?

Does that really seem ok to you that they should be inherently linkedA? Women should just expect that? I get your paragraph about criticizing I just dont think it should be something that should be expected. THEY made it a bad situation and By the time it was she was in no shape to do anything about it. Yet shes criticized for their actions?

Is it smart to have 50k in your front seat? No because people steal.
    Is it smart to get in a car with a drunk? No because drunks arent safe behind the wheel.
    Is it good to hang out with men drinking? No because they rape?... thats where Im disconnected.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 04-14-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Actually, if you walk into a lion's den it IS your fault if a lion eats you. If you are a human being of sound mind, you understand that a lion's natural instinct--in ITS mind, what it is SUPPOSED to do--is eat you. You exist to a lion solely for the purpose of being eaten. That lion exists solely for the purpose of eating you. If you went to Africa on a safari tour with, let's say, Wildlife Safari Tours, and you hopped out the jeep and went prancing across the serengeti and a lion ate you, your family would lose its lawsuit against Wildlife Safari Tours because nature is nature. There was no reason to assume a lion WOULD NOT eat you.

You are doing no favors to men everywhere by comparing sexual assault to people getting eaten by lions. A lion will eat what it eats when it wants to because that's what nature has told it is the right thing to do for its survival. How is raping someone equivalent to that? Because men are like lions, and if you put a piece of meat in front of them they are no longer accountable for their actions? Because men naturally think it's RIGHT to put their penis in things, with no disregard for if the living thing they put it in wanted it there? Because men are predators with no self-control? Granted, some men are like this, but I think the majority are not. And those who are need to grow the fuck up and learn self-control before they end up in jail.

You can say you're not condoning rape until the cows come home, and I truly believe you believe you are not, but there is nothing--NOTHING--in the world that makes it OK for a man to have sex with a woman if that woman has not consented. Nothing. Being in an apartment with three men, two of them strangers, was not advisable on many levels, but it doesn't mean her body is no longer hers. Being there when she'd previously had sex with one of those guys doesn't mean her body is no longer hers. Going into a bedroom doesn't mean her body is no longer hers. I myself could walk into any man's house in America, plop down on their bed totally naked, and take pills/drink/whatever to make myself go unconscious before they came home. When they do come home and find me, they STILL don't have the right to have sex with me. There is no such thing as "asking for it," which is what you're missing.
    This is why I like to take gender out of the argument, if only long enough to make a point. If a guy went over to some buddies house, say three or 4 of them They have some shots, smoke a bong and he passes out. Would he feel, waking up and realizing he'd been violated sexually despite having no memory of it, that is was simply his fault for putting himself in a bad situation?

Just a small bit of advice Ex.

Best way to get out of a hole is to first stop digging.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post

This is one of the best posts I have ever read on this forum. There is a disturbing amount of mouth-breathing stupidity on this thread, but there's also posts like this that give me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Your jungle reference makes all men out to be sexual predators incapable of self control. Thats ridiculous.

I mean a woman with three dudes hanging out and drinking/smoking how did she think she wouldnt be molested/raped if she passed out?

Does that really seem ok to you that they should be inherently linkedA? Woman should just expect that? I get your paragraph about criticizing I just dont think it should be something that should be expected. THEY made it a bad situation and By the time it was she was in no shape to do anything about it. Yet shes criticized for their actions?

Is it smart to have 50k in your front seat? No because people steal.
    Is it smart to get in a car with a drunk? No because drunks arent safe behind the wheel.
    Is it good to hang out with men drinking? No because they rape?... thats where Im disconnected.
    Big ups to this post as well. People who engage in this kind of victim-blaming are basically insinuating that all men are potentially rapists. As a man, that is deeply insulting to me, yet it is almost always men who are saying shit like this to begin with. Do they not realize the implications of this way of thinking?

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

^^^ wrong thread perhaps?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    ^^^ wrong thread perhaps?
    whoops. well it's a slow time, thought it was applicable to the 9ers in general :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Whole lot of blame the victim in this thread. SMH.
    I didn't see a whole lot of blame the victim. What I saw was people unwilling to call the guys rapists without more evidence. It's called presumption of innocence. Apparently only players that play for the Ravens are given that privileged by many on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    whoops. well it's a slow time, thought it was applicable to the 9ers in general :)
    CK now goes by Sarah@queen dominatrix ? Stranger things have happened, maybe that's why he kisses his biceps. LOL