Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Bortles, Bridgewater, Clowney, Carr... Hope you guys are having fun because 4 picks in and id eat my hat if that were to ever actually happen.
    Come on man.

This is for grins.

Not entirely directed at you JAB, but why do folks take anything with the word "mock" in it so seriously?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Falcons and Money227 are on the clock.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    LOL, since when do strange things not happen on draft day?

Go back every year and compare 'experts' mock drafts to the real thing....they won't match up
    That's also why the experts revise their mock drafts all the way up to the night before the draft. Every team is leaking all sorts of BS and it's almost impossible to see through it. The Texans who are the 1 team that doesn't have to lie don't even seem to know who they want.

This board knows football and many know the draft. The mocks done here always are interesting and definitely in the realm of what could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's also why the experts revise their mock drafts all the way up to the night before the draft. Every team is leaking all sorts of BS and it's almost impossible to see through it. The Texans who are the 1 team that doesn't have to lie don't even seem to know who they want.

This board knows football and many know the draft. The mocks done here always are interesting and definitely in the realm of what could happen.
    This
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

My take is, you can find "realistic" mocks on numerous other sites. What we try to do here is, each person takes a little time to research the team needs and history of their team, and then makes the pick we think they SHOULD make. Perfect example was in 2010, someone had the Rams taking Suh, even though it was no secret that it'd probably be Bradford #1 overall, simply because it didn't seem like the best pick for the Rams. And thus, I had the Redskins at #4 and that's where Bradford went in that mock.

It wasn't likely to happen, but it's a fun exercise to see. You can even read in some of these mocks, the person says "They SHOULD pick <player X> but they will likely take this guy instead because....".
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

Plus this year's really hard to get a handle on in the first 10-15 picks because we really have no idea if certain teams are going to take a chance on a QB or make a safer pick.

Blog Entries

I think a mock draft, such as this one, can go one of two ways :
    (a) pick the player you (the poster) wants at that point.
    (b) pick the player you think the team needs/wants there.
    I like (a) because we can all go to a dozen draft sites and see their mock opinions.
    Since BPR's choice is out of the norm, it intrigues me no end. However, doesn't this type of thing actually happen in every draft? There are always surprise picks and that makes the mock and real drafts so fascinating... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I like (a) because we can all go to a dozen draft sites and see their mock opinions.
    Since BPR's choice is out of the norm, it intrigues me no end. However, doesn't this type of thing actually happen in every draft? There are always surprise picks and that makes the mock and real drafts so fascinating... Bc
    P.S. - Thanks to runrayrun52 for starting this thread, It's very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Doesn't that just further point to the possibility that the Rams may be interested in moving on from him?
    No.

It would be highly unusual for a team to extend a player coming off major injury, especially with 2 years left on his contract.
    Heck most posters on this board don't want the Ravens extending contracts of players with 2 years left on their contract, even if fully healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Exactly. I had Cleveland. I picked Carr because I think he is the best option to make them a better team. However, I didn't go BPA because of how big of a hole they have at QB. If I was going BPA I would have went Watkins, but then there's no one to throw them the ball (I don't believe Hoyer is the answer)

Notice how I said 'I' a lot.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Exactly. I had Cleveland. I picked Carr because I think he is the best option to make them a better team. However, I didn't go BPA because of how big of a hole they have at QB. If I was going BPA I would have went Watkins, but then there's no one to throw them the ball (I don't believe Hoyer is the answer)

Notice how I said 'I' a lot.
    Fair enough, and that makes for great debate.

If I had knocked you out (as the Cleveland GM in this) and hijacked the pick (as a disgruntled Browns fan, in this here mock), I would pick Watkins and then immediately start talking to Tennessee or Washington about Locker and Cousins, respectively.

In my opinion, they could solidify the weapons they need for a new QB, then find that QB either later in the draft, or get a guy like Locker or Cousins who are likely to be trade bait from their current teams.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Fair enough, and that makes for great debate.

If I had knocked you out (as the Cleveland GM in this) and hijacked the pick (as a disgruntled Browns fan, in this here mock), I would pick Watkins and then immediately start talking to Tennessee or Washington about Locker and Cousins, respectively.

In my opinion, they could solidify the weapons they need for a new QB, then find that QB either later in the draft, or get a guy like Locker or Cousins who are likely to be trade bait from their current teams.
    Exactly. Both are viable options. Your options may make more sense given their lack of luck drafting QB's.
    - Ray Lewis