Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859606162 LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I would say Turner. With no OT's taken yet and the depth of the OT class running out I think they need to go Turner. Though I would say Bradford is BPA. However, I would say Turner given the situation
    Either Turner or Bradford is great value at this spot. Both are fringe 2nd rounders, high 3rds at worst, on many boards, so I'd just go with where the need is greatest. I do think there are some pretty good LB's left, though Bradford is the best of them, OT's not so much. The only other OT left I'd even consider in the next 2 rounds would be James Hurst. Sad for the kid, but Thomas is probably now relegated to the late rounds with the injury and even then only if you're willing to give a redshirt year. Before getting hurt he probably would have been picked somewhere in the 2nd.
    Last edited by Igotstoknow; 04-28-2014 at 02:49 AM.

Blog Entries

I see the Round 4 list was pulled from the front page. Did we agree to stop after 3? It seems like interest has really fallen off a cliff in this round.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I see the Round 4 list was pulled from the front page. Did we agree to stop after 3? It seems like interest has really fallen off a cliff in this round.
    I'll put it back if we get through round 3.

As I was updating the picks, it was kicking back with "too many characters" error, so I couldn't save it.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Pittsburgh selects Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota State.

He is a small school guy with a lot of upside and a lot of experience as a LT. He could probably compete at most positions for the Steelers and he can't be any worse than Mike Adams was last year at LT.

JustLoveMyBirds - you're on the clock mang.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Have we decided on the Stoolers pick? I'm ready with mine.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Either Turner or Bradford is great value at this spot. Both are fringe 2nd rounders, high 3rds at worst, on many boards, so I'd just go with where the need is greatest. I do think there are some pretty good LB's left, though Bradford is the best of them, OT's not so much. The only other OT left I'd even consider in the next 2 rounds would be James Hurst. Sad for the kid, but Thomas is probably now relegated to the late rounds with the injury and even then only if you're willing to give a redshirt year. Before getting hurt he probably would have been picked somewhere in the 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I would say Turner. With no OT's taken yet and the depth of the OT class running out I think they need to go Turner. Though I would say Bradford is BPA. However, I would say Turner given the situation
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I believe it's between Bradford and Turner...My vote is Turner, wicked's vote was Bradford. Anyone want to weigh in and make it a consensus?
    Good call with Billy Turner. I had forgotten about him.

I have Bradford rated higher, but Turner is a good player.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good call with Billy Turner. I had forgotten about him.

I have Bradford rated higher, but Turner is a good player.
    yeah, Bradford would've been a great pick too. Like I said, if we approach this from the standpoint of...urgh, actually trying to HELP the Steelers...I'd be more upset as an opponent if they manage to fix their crappy OL than if they added another tough LB. They can probably find another decent LB later in the draft, but the drop off on the OT group is pretty rough.

Mostly in this draft, I'm drafting for need ahead of true BPA. Not huge reaching, but probably some reach a slight bit to make sure we fill a need.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Have we decided on the Stoolers pick? I'm ready with mine.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Steelers picked Billy Turner.

Go go go!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

With the 98th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Green Bay Packers Select...

Robert Herron, Wide Receiver, Wyoming

With the loss of James Jones to Free Agency, the Packers are essentially 3 deep at Wide Receivers with Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and last years upstart Jarrett Boykin. Should any of those guys go down (like Cobb last year) there's no depth behind them. While not having ideal size Herron has exceptional quickness to win off the line against nicklebacks and can be productive in the slot or flanked out. He's a threat to score from anywhere on the field and it's never a bad thing to give Aaron Rodgers more weapons.

Blog Entries
    Ozzie will soon turn the card in....

Blog Entries
    The Baltimore Ravens select Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida.

The Ravens address a key hole and go defense for the first time in the draft. Purifoy is a big corner with good upside. He got burnt a bit in 2013, but he has the potencial to become a good player and could play opposite Jimmy in the sub package, moving Webb inside to his best posistion at nickel corner.

San Fran and Wicked on the clock. Following round 3 I will post the team summaries
    Formerly runrayrun27

Twitter: @cjacks17

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Baltimore Ravens select Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida.

The Ravens address a key hole and go defense for the first time in the draft. Purifoy is a big corner with good upside. He got burnt a bit in 2013, but he has the potencial to become a good player and could play opposite Jimmy in the sub package, moving Webb inside to his best posistion at nickel corner.
    5'11 190 is big? He didnt measure in at 6'-1" hes always been listed as. hes probably one of the bigger bust prospects in this draft imo. he had a horrible pro-day on top of his 4.61 poor combine. I see him falling much later in this draft.

DB makes sense though, and there are slim pickens at this point. I think Aikens would have been a good pick and "ozzie-esque" though i understand thats not really the point of this mock.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    5'11 190 is big? He didnt measure in at 6'-1" hes always been listed as. hes probably one of the bigger bust prospects in this draft imo. he had a horrible pro-day on top of his 4.61 poor combine. I see him falling much later in this draft.

DB makes sense though, and there are slim pickens at this point. I think Aikens would have been a good pick and "ozzie-esque" though i understand thats not really the point of this mock.
    I thought he got arrested 2 weeks ago for drugs
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I thought he got arrested 2 weeks ago for drugs
    Aikens? thats news to me but if so that would make Purilfoy make more sense. I just see a lot more potential in Aikens. He looked really good at the senior bowl.
    -JAB