Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 685 to 696 of 930
  1. #685
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,629
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread



    I don't think McGill sucks but he has some serious issues staying healthy. I wouldn't be interested in him before round 4.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    With the 71st pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Jack Mewhort, OT/OG, OSU

    After getting addressing their biggest offensive needs (QB+WR) and their biggest defensive need (CB) they go after some line help. They have two of the top 5 at their position with Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, but need help elsewhere. Schwartz may be better inside, Mewhort brings some versatility to play RT or slide inside as well.
    Formerly runrayrun27





  3. #687

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Last year is a good comparison. I believe the top RB consensus prior to the draft was, I believe, Eddie Lacy? And he ended up being the 4th RB taken.

    I think skill set is definitely going to be a factor. The RB position is going through some major metamorphosis. Gone are the days where you find that "one guy" to be the workhorse. Now you have multiple backs, each with their own role. And that's why more and more, older RBs struggle to find a home after their deals expire, because it's easier to draft a role-based guy and build your running game by committee.
    I just saw that Drafttek now has the Ravens taking Sankey in the 2nd. Can't say I'd be happy with any RB in the 2nd round for the Ravens.

    http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2.asp




  4. #688

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    the 2nd round for RBs is like what the 1st round was 3 years ago. We dont need a RB that bad to warrant such a high pick. Comparatively we didnt use that high of a pick on our franchise RB we do have so why spend even higher on a backup to our backup? makes little sense.
    -JAB




  5. #689
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,127
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Must have been a different conversation. I don't recall any talk about a move back to safety and people definitely were saying he wasn't very good. They just kind of blew him off, so I did too until I started hearing more and more about him.
    Well, folks see a bigger corner and automatically default to him maybe moving back to safety.

    We're still doing it with Antone Exum, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Keith Mcgill, and Dontae Johnson. Some did it with Patrick Peterson and Jimmy Smith too.

    The difference, IMO, a lot of these guys aren't stiff boards. That is why Malcom Jenkins moved back to FS after being a CB at Ohio State. He didn't have the hip movement to stick with receivers.

    A lot of pundits are saying that the Seahawks showed the world how to win with big-bodied players in the secondary, but IMO, the Ravens, Steelers, Pats, Packers, Bears, and others have been succeeding with bigger corners for years. It is all about scheme and technique.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #690
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,254

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    There's little to no chance the Ravens take a RB in round two.

    It certainly won't happen in this mock.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #691

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A lot of pundits are saying that the Seahawks showed the world how to win with big-bodied players in the secondary, but IMO, the Ravens, Steelers, Pats, Packers, Bears, and others have been succeeding with bigger corners for years. It is all about scheme and technique.
    thats the truth, though who was the Pats big CBs?
    -JAB




  8. #692

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    With the 71st pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Jack Mewhort, OT/OG, OSU

    After getting addressing their biggest offensive needs (QB+WR) and their biggest defensive need (CB) they go after some line help. They have two of the top 5 at their position with Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, but need help elsewhere. Schwartz may be better inside, Mewhort brings some versatility to play RT or slide inside as well.
    I like Mewhort. Were Carlos Hyde, Tre Mason, or Terrance West under consideration for you? I don't trust Tate to stay healthy.

    Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk




  9. Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Flacco Machado View Post
    I like Mewhort. Were Carlos Hyde, Tre Mason, or Terrance West under consideration for you? I don't trust Tate to stay healthy.

    Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk
    Yup, I have a pick via the Steelers in about 10 picks. Should be one of those guys kicking around. I like Mewhort way too much and there's not many OT around anymore that I would trust starting right away, but I think Mewhort can. Definitely agree about them taking a RB though
    Formerly runrayrun27





  10. #694
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4
    With the 72nd pick, of the 2014 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select, Ed Reynolds, safety, Stanford.

    With a talented offense already in place for Johnny, the Vikings continue to invest into it's defense. Reynolds is a tall, and rangy guy who could make a nice tandem with Harrison Smith.




  11. #695
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    With the 72nd pick, of the 2014 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select, Ed Reynolds, safety, Stanford.

    With a talented offense already in place for Johnny, the Vikings continue to invest into it's defense. Reynolds is a tall, and rangy guy who could make a nice tandem with Harrison Smith.
    He's a guy I was liking in later rounds for the Ravens. Good pick.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  12. Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Machado and the Bills at the plate, Wicked and the Giants on deck and BigPlayReceiver and the Rams are in the hole (in a baseball mood)
    Formerly runrayrun27





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland