Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Steelers are up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I love how a bunch of us are on the same wave length. I keep seeing Mike Davis being mocked in the 5th-7th round, but truth is, he has future #1 potential. Just ask the CBs he beat constantly in senior bowl practice. Good hands, superior quickness, and killer routes seems like a good recipe for success, however he has been overlooked.

I believe the Ravens have met with him quite a few times already.
    Just a general commentary here, but I noticed a lot more this year how disparate (?) the rankings are site to site. I've seen guys ranked in the Top 50 on one site, but well past 100 on another. And vice versa. Me not being very attentive to college football until draft time is coming up, it definitely hurts trying to figure out the good value guys after 2 Rounds, since sites spot these guys all over the place.

Example, Carl Bradford. I've seen some sites ranking him as the #3 ILB. Other site slot him in the 6th round, FAR down the ILB list.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Just a general commentary here, but I noticed a lot more this year how disparate (?) the rankings are site to site.
    Good observation.
    Good word.
    Spelled correctly.
    Used correctly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Good observation.
    Good word.
    Spelled correctly.
    Used correctly.
    Thanks, although probably not used totally correctly. disparate means they are so different as there is no comparison. The sites are different, but to say not comparable is a bit nuts.

There's at least consensus on the 1st and 2nd round prospects.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

btw, darksouleyez and the Steelers have been on the clock over 12 hours. I know we're losing some steam here, but any thoughts on who to pick? Already addressed CB and WR.

Have to imagine they'd be looking at OL. Cyril Richardson from Baylor is a guy I might be looking at, once ranked in the 2nd round, now seems to be slipping a bit. Brandon Thomas from Clemson is more Tackle, would also be appropriate here.

They could look at TE, but most of the good ones are already gone. Also might look at LB where they just lost Woodley and Worlids is on a 1 yr deal.
    Last edited by RavenScallywag; 04-27-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Just pick the worst player available for them and be done with it.

Blog Entries

I think Carl Bradford is the pick here. Tough, versatile linebacker that can play inside or outside.

Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Carl Bradford is the pick here. Tough, versatile linebacker that can play inside or outside.

Considering my recent discussion of him, I approve of this pick.

That said, if I were the GM of the Steelers, I'd be a little more anxious to fix the OL. Especially LT. The Steelers are essentially cornered into starting two of the following 4 at Tackle:

Mike Adams (2nd round 2012)
    Marcus Gilbert (2nd round 2011)
    Kelvin Beachum (7th round 2012)
    Guy Whimper (lol)

That's some heavy investment, but not a lot of payoff. Their G situation is good, they have DeCastro from 2012 and Ramon Foster as the starters.

I'd be good with Bradford, but if I were the GM, I'd hesitate passing (again) on a Tackle.

Considering my recent discussion of him, I approve of this pick.

That said, if I were the GM of the Steelers, I'd be a little more anxious to fix the OL. Especially LT. The Steelers are essentially cornered into starting two of the following 4 at Tackle:

Mike Adams (2nd round 2012)
    Marcus Gilbert (2nd round 2011)
    Kelvin Beachum (7th round 2012)
    Guy Whimper (lol)

That's some heavy investment, but not a lot of payoff. Their G situation is good, they have DeCastro from 2012 and Ramon Foster as the starters.

I'd be good with Bradford, but if I were the GM, I'd hesitate passing (again) on a Tackle.
    Billy Turner?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Billy Turner?
    Him or Brandon Thomas. Thomas is a bit smaller and many consider him best suited for G, but he played LT in the Senior Bowl and held his own.

That's a pretty good debate there...Thomas is a big school prospect, but has questions about size and ability at LT. Turner is a smaller school prospect, so you wonder how he'll hold up against bigger competition. But, he seems to have the size to play LT and held up well in the Senior Bowl as well.

Him or Brandon Thomas. Thomas is a bit smaller and many consider him best suited for G, but he played LT in the Senior Bowl and held his own.

That's a pretty good debate there...Thomas is a big school prospect, but has questions about size and ability at LT. Turner is a smaller school prospect, so you wonder how he'll hold up against bigger competition. But, he seems to have the size to play LT and held up well in the Senior Bowl as well.
    You think they'd go Brandon Thomas this early knowing he won't play this year?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    You think they'd go Brandon Thomas this early knowing he won't play this year?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh crap, I forgot about that. Torn ACL.

Well, that settles it then...

So Turner would be the pick?

Formerly runrayrun27

Twitter: @cjacks17

Blog Entries

I believe it's between Bradford and Turner...My vote is Turner, wicked's vote was Bradford. Anyone want to weigh in and make it a consensus?

I would say Turner. With no OT's taken yet and the depth of the OT class running out I think they need to go Turner. Though I would say Bradford is BPA. However, I would say Turner given the situation
    Formerly runrayrun27

Twitter: @cjacks17