Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee

Like the upside, SD dealt with a rash of injuries on the oline last season. Never hurts to have depth on the offensive line.

Fingers crossed I get one of my considered guys in the fourth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee

Like the upside, SD dealt with a rash of injuries on the oline last season. Never hurts to have depth on the offensive line.

Fingers crossed I get one of my considered guys in the fourth.
    I like this pick a lot and I almost went for him earlier with the Giants.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think taking a QB in the 3rd round will send a direct challenge to Dalton in a contract year. Would probably draw speculation from us haters that Mike "I don't wanna spend" Brown may pass on a 2nd contract for Dalton if Murray looks halfway decent this year, though I don't think they'd make that leap so easily.

Not a bad move, I don't necessarily think they will go QB that high, but playing the role of the guy trying to better the franchise in the best way, I think we all agree getting Dalton a legit competitor is a good move.

The Bengals are in a similar spot to where Ravens were with Flacco. Dalton is probably asking for $14-15M and Cincy probably only willing to pay around $10M. This pick protects them in case Dalton doesn't have the type of year (missing playoffs) the Bengals are looking for.

I also know the Bengals have shown significant interest in Murray during the draft process and recently heard Gil Brandt talking about how Murray could sneak into 2nd round if there is a run on qb's. With the depth and talent the Bengals have on their roster taking a chance on Murray in the 3rd is a minimal risk.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like this pick a lot and I almost went for him earlier with the Giants.
    Thanks. Over a round after Bitonio and teammate Juwan James I'm not hating it. Fluker filled in a LT for Dunlap dealing with concussions and neck ailments last season, plus Dunlap is in the final year of his deal so I could see tackle being an option for SD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Thanks. Over a round after Bitonio and teammate Juwan James I'm not hating it. Fluker filled in a LT for Dunlap dealing with concussions and neck ailments last season, plus Dunlap is in the final year of his deal so I could see tackle being an option for SD.
    Totally agree and while King Dunlap is pretty good, he is ALWAYS hurt.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    The Bengals are in a similar spot to where Ravens were with Flacco. Dalton is probably asking for $14-15M and Cincy probably only willing to pay around $10M. This pick protects them in case Dalton doesn't have the type of year (missing playoffs) the Bengals are looking for.

I also know the Bengals have shown significant interest in Murray during the draft process and recently heard Gil Brandt talking about how Murray could sneak into 2nd round if there is a run on qb's. With the depth and talent the Bengals have on their roster taking a chance on Murray in the 3rd is a minimal risk.
    The latest I read was that Dalton was looking for over $15m a season. The Bengals have to take someone in this draft. Murray would actually be the perfect fit for them. The only question is whether they will be able to evaluate him coming off that injury to know what to do with Dalton by the end of the year.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

26 (90). Indianapolis Colts - temp19 - on the clock
    Formerly runrayrun27

Twitter: @cjacks17

After not striking in the second round, the Indianapolis Colts now understand that the time is right to take the perfect complement for Andrew Luck so with their third round selection The Indianapolis Colts select
    Kadeem Carey RB Arizona Many compare Carey to Emmitt Smith, due to his smooth running and elusiveness but the Colts will be happy if he can be the next Edgerrin James. This is the back the Colts have been waiting for, Carey has perfect combination of rushing, receiving, and pass blocking skills. He is the perfect back to share the backfield with Andrew Luck. Now all we need to do is trade Trent Richardson, maybe the Raiders will be interested.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by temp19 View Post
    After not striking in the second round, the Indianapolis Colts now understand that the time is right to take the perfect complement for Andrew Luck so with their third round selection The Indianapolis Colts select
    Kadeem Carey RB Arizona Many compare Carey to Emmitt Smith, due to his smooth running and elusiveness but the Colts will be happy if he can be the next Edgerrin James. This is the back the Colts have been waiting for, Carey has perfect combination of rushing, receiving, and pass blocking skills. He is the perfect back to share the backfield with Andrew Luck. Now all we need to do is trade Trent Richardson, maybe the Raiders will be interested.
    Another good pick. I was hoping Carey would fall to the Texans for the top of round 4. He's kind of a boom or bust guy but if he hits he could be really good. Nice for this spot
    He Who Dares.....Wins

The New Orleans Saints select...QB Jimmy Garappolo, Eastern Illinois.

A possible 1st round talent falling this far is amazing. At the very least, Garappolo will go high in the second.

The Saints have said publicly they will be taking a QB. It's a perfect situation. Brees is 35 years old. Garappolo can be developed much like Aaron Rodgers was in Green Bay. In two years, Brees will be 37 and Garappolo could step in or be traded, if Brees is still playing at a high level.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Flacco Machado; 04-25-2014 at 03:36 PM.

With the 92 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, The Carolina Panthers select, Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado.

Ecstatic to make this pick, not because I'm very high on Richardson and think he'll be great but because his skill set fits. Desperately need a field stretcher for this offense to work and I'd he can do anything else he can play that role. He has upside to do more but if he never realizes that he has a niche in the league. He'll compliment Latimer as I completely remake Cam's receiver corps.

Love the Richardson pick for Carolina.

Last edited by Flacco Machado; 04-26-2014 at 12:22 AM.

With the 93rd pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Dark Overlord Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots selects -

Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by slinkymaster View Post
    With the 93rd pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Dark Overlord Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots selects -

Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Money pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, looks like interest may be starting to fade. We can do this! Let's show our inner NFL scout and get through 4!