Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    While I agree to an extent...

Cole, Barwin, and Graham are much better players than Reid and Mims. Jury is still out on Wagner.
    Yeah, the player-for-player comparison isn't the best, but the point remains that the Eagles basically have one player (Barwin) and a couple of guys that can fill the position. Graham is nothing special and Cole is on the wrong side of his career. If the Eagles can't get another guy opposite Barwin that's a big problem for them.

Maybe be better comparison would be to say that the Ravens don't have a need at WR because they have two Smiths and a Brown, although I think the OLB situation in Philly is worse than that. They should certainly draft one early.

With the 60th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select, Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana

Latimer has a great frame, strong hands, versatility to line up anywhere and athleticism at the catch point and after the catch. He's got some savvy to his game finding open areas on the field. Day 1 starter in Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by temp19 View Post
    The Indianapolis Colts after a very long wait watching many players they wanted go by and trying to keep their owner awake during the draft have decided on their pick.
    There are many needs for this team but Coach Chuck Pagano spoke up and wanted more defense so with their first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select...Demarcus Lawrence OLB Boise State
    This isn't a bad pick. We all know Chuck is a defense guy and Lawrence is certainly worthy of the spot, maybe even a little higher. I would hope they wouldn't be going RB after what they gave up for Richardson. They also need Oline help.

However, Davante Adams would have made a lot of sense here to me. Reggie Wayne, though a probable HOF player, is long in the tooth and coming off of a serious injury. Once he went down it was throw it to skinny, little T.Y. Hilton and hope for the best. They have very little WR depth behind those two and they have a dynamic QB.

Another target for Luck makes the most sense to me and Adams would also be very good value here as the Colt's 3rd WR and heir apparent to Wayne. Some think he was a product of Fresno's offense and Carr throwing to him. Well, here he has Luck. Cody Latimer, who played at Indiana, would also be under consideration, but I would narrowly favor the more productive Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yeah, the player-for-player comparison isn't the best, but the point remains that the Eagles basically have one player (Barwin) and a couple of guys that can fill the position. Graham is nothing special and Cole is on the wrong side of his career. If the Eagles can't get another guy opposite Barwin that's a big problem for them.

Maybe be better comparison would be to say that the Ravens don't have a need at WR because they have two Smiths and a Brown, although I think the OLB situation in Philly is worse than that. They should certainly draft one early.
    I think that is a better comparison.
    I don't really think the ravens SHOULD draft a WR unless the value screams to do so(Evans at 17 as an example).
    Many fans still see WR as a big need, but I'm unsure how.
    I can see OLB in PHI as a potential future need, but currently they are pretty straight, IMO. A 3rd to 5th rounder seems more likely, to me.

Just perusing at PHI's roster, IMO, DL is BY FAR the biggest need, and it's not remotely close, IMO. IF I were them, I would almost certainly grab a ND defender in the first round.

Blog Entries

With the 61st pick in this draft, the San Francisco 49er's select...

Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford

I think Jim Harbaugh may be interested in going back to his roots here. Murphy is a 6'6" 260lb defensive end who I think would pair nicely as a SAM or RUSH linebacker in San Fran's 3-4. With Aldon Smith seeming to not be able to stay out of trouble and the jury being out on Corey Lemonier, I think Murphy would be a nice insurance policy and rotational player. He did lead the NCAA in sacks after all. In addition, he's solid against the run and does a nice job setting the edge.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Slinkymaster and the Pats on the board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    This isn't a bad pick. We all know Chuck is a defense guy and Lawrence is certainly worthy of the spot, maybe even a little higher. I would hope they wouldn't be going RB after what they gave up for Richardson. They also need Oline help.

However, Davante Adams would have made a lot of sense here to me. Reggie Wayne, though a probable HOF player, is long in the tooth and coming off of a serious injury. Once he went down it was throw it to skinny, little T.Y. Hilton and hope for the best. They have very little WR depth behind those two and they have a dynamic QB.

Another target for Luck makes the most sense to me and Adams would also be very good value here as the Colt's 3rd WR and heir apparent to Wayne. Some think he was a product of Fresno's offense and Carr throwing to him. Well, here he has Luck. Cody Latimer, who played at Indiana, would also be under consideration, but I would narrowly favor the more productive Adams.
    Well, they did sign Hakeem Nicks...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, they did sign Hakeem Nicks...
    You are right. My bad, forgot about Nicks. Apologies to Temp, though I wasn't slamming the pick, just offering an alternative. However, Nicks is far from a sure thing. On a 1 year deal with no TD's last year and an injury history. The talent is there though and he could end up a real good signing. I do like Adams for Luck still, but admit that the Nicks signing would make WR less of a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I think that is a better comparison.
    I don't really think the ravens SHOULD draft a WR unless the value screams to do so(Evans at 17 as an example).
    Many fans still see WR as a big need, but I'm unsure how.
    I can see OLB in PHI as a potential future need, but currently they are pretty straight, IMO. A 3rd to 5th rounder seems more likely, to me.

Just perusing at PHI's roster, IMO, DL is BY FAR the biggest need, and it's not remotely close, IMO. IF I were them, I would almost certainly grab a ND defender in the first round.
    I can see that perspective. It will be interesting to see how they go. Some people have them taking Ryan Shazier in the first round. That would surprise me a bit, but some teams value players differently, and sometimes it seems as if the media really doesn't understand much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I can see that perspective. It will be interesting to see how they go. Some people have them taking Ryan Shazier in the first round. That would surprise me a bit, but some teams value players differently, and sometimes it seems as if the media really doesn't understand much at all.
    True indeed.

With the 62nd pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the Dark Overlord Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots selects:

Troy Niklas, TE Notre Dame

The Pats get Gronk insurance and another target over the middle for an older Brady who no longer likes the deep ball, as well as an excellent pass protector.

I like that pick...