Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

I have to say, the Eagles pick is a head scratcher. CB is behind a couple other more pressing needs and Watkins is a 3rd-4th rounder.

Blog Entries

Temp19 and the Colts are on the clock.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I have to say, the Eagles pick is a head scratcher. CB is behind a couple other more pressing needs and Watkins is a 3rd-4th rounder.
    Disagree.

Watkins could definitely go in the 2nd round and the Eagles secondary is pretty suspect. Several different mock ups have the Eagles taking a combination of a corner, receiver, d-lineman early in the draft.

I don't think it is really outlandish at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Disagree.

Watkins could definitely go in the 2nd round and the Eagles secondary is pretty suspect. Several different mock ups have the Eagles taking a combination of a corner, receiver, d-lineman early in the draft.

I don't think it is really outlandish at all.
    Hey...I could be off on Watkins, but I haven't seen a mock with him even sniffing the 2nd round. CB is definitely a need, but OLB and WR are bigger needs (according to those who follow the team).

BTW...I didn't say it was outlandish. As a matter of fact, one of the mocks I've seen actually had Watkins going to the Eagles (it was in the 3rd round though which made a little more sense to me).

Blog Entries

Hey...I could be off on Watkins, but I haven't seen a mock with him even sniffing the 2nd round. CB is definitely a need, but OLB and WR are bigger needs (according to those who follow the team).

BTW...I didn't say it was outlandish. As a matter of fact, one of the mocks I've seen actually had Watkins going to the Eagles (it was in the 3rd round though which made a little more sense to me).
    I personally rate Watkins ahead of some of the other corners because I think he has more upside than guys like Desir, McGill, and Roberson. Just my opinion.

I agree that OLB is a need, but in this mock up the Eagles took Kony Ealy, who I imagine would project to be more of a RUSH or SAM linebacker in the Eagle's hybrid 3-4.

Regarding WR...I'm not really sure at all what Chip Kelly is thinking. DeSean Jackson may have been a douche, but he fits that offense pretty well. Maybe they think Damaris Johnson can fulfill that role?

Maybe in this particular mock it will work out for the Eagles to look at someone like Josh Huff, Mike Davis, or Cody Lattimer in the 3rd round?

Or maybe Kelly would like to grab someone like Dri Archer somewhere around the 4th or 5th round to be his new DeSean, without the headaches. I bet he thinks he can turn a lot of guys into playmakers in his offense.

Still can't believe the Colts traded their 1st rounder for Trent Richardson. If they had held on to that pick they would still be able to get a RB this year. Hyde, Mason, Sankey, Hill would all be there for the taking in the first. All of them would be better than Richardson, with Carlos Hyde being a perfect fit for them, IMO.
    Last edited by Flacco Machado; 04-18-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Daniel Jeremiah puts CB is #1 priority, WR #4; Bleacher Report puts CB #2, WR #3; the beat writer out of New Jersey puts CB at #4, WR #3, OLB #1. CBS Mock drafts (5 guys) have WR 3 times and CB 2 times in the first round. I think there is no clear consensus, and Roseman isn't exactly predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Or maybe Kelly would like to grab someone like Dri Archer somewhere around the 4th or 5th round to be his new DeSean, without the headaches. I bet he thinks he can turn a lot of guys into playmakers in his offense.
    There is also the fact that they played 2013 without Jeremy Macklin, so he could be the 'replacement' for Jackson, and the need for a WR isn't one of those top priorities. Plus add Sproles and a 3rd-4th round complimentary WR to that mix and Kelly could simply use guys differently in that offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    There is also the fact that they played 2013 without Jeremy Macklin, so he could be the 'replacement' for Jackson, and the need for a WR isn't one of those top priorities. Plus add Sproles and a 3rd-4th round complimentary WR to that mix and Kelly could simply use guys differently in that offense.
    Kelly also has Arrelious Benn, Damaris Johnson, and Jeff Maehl. None of which really contributed last year, but may this year.

Additionally, the Eagles have Brent Celek, Zach Ertz, and James Casey; all of which are talented receiving TE's.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah puts CB is #1 priority, WR #4; Bleacher Report puts CB #2, WR #3; the beat writer out of New Jersey puts CB at #4, WR #3, OLB #1. CBS Mock drafts (5 guys) have WR 3 times and CB 2 times in the first round. I think there is no clear consensus, and Roseman isn't exactly predictable.
    I don't understand how OLB'er is a need with Cole, Barwin and Graham on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I don't understand how OLB'er is a need with Cole, Barwin and Graham on the roster.
    That's kind of like saying the Ravens don't have a need at OT because they have Monroe, Reid, Wagner and Mims on the roster.