Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    Great pick. When he becomes a legend I'm going to show everyone that I talked about him on the first pages of the draft thread before all the draft experts starting falling in love with him :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's the evolution of the NFL. The WRs have become bigger and the TEs are even bigger and many are former basketball players.
    You can be super fast and can stick to anyone, but if the receiver is able to out muscle or out jump you simply due to his height, then the next step in evolution for the defenders is for the DBs to get bigger to match them.
    I believe the same thing about those linebackers who are too small to stay upfront, if they have the speed, they will find a spot at strong safety to be able to physically give the huge receivers a jolt...make them think twice, make them look over their shoulders.
    Seattle showed where defense is going. Yes, you have to find the guys to make it work, but the blueprint has been exposed...which includes getting after the quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm calling it. Sorry Gabrosin. It's been over 12 hours.

With the 54th pick the Philadelphia Eagles select Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida.

The Eagles had some serious issues in their secondary last year. They like Earl Wolf at SS and they recently signed Malcom Jenkins who will man FS. Cary Williams is a solid perimeter corner, but nothing spectacular and Brandon Boykins is a talented, young slot corner. The Eagles don't really have another starting caliber, perimeter corner. Watkins, who is the brother of Sammy Watkins, is not as well known as Marcus Roberson or Louchez Purifouy, but showed during the pre-draft process that he moves significantly better and has a tremendous amount of upside. He is also very strong (22 Reps), so there is reason to believe that he could be a decent press-coverage corner.
    I'm fine with this pick, but my selection for them was going to be Moncrief.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    I'm fine with this pick, but my selection for them was going to be Moncrief.
    Right on.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I love that guy. I hope that somehow Borland ends up a Raven but it's a real long shot. Borland has great football smarts. That's exactly what you want for a MLB. It's part of what made Ray Lewis dominant. This kid has a very good chance at becoming a real impact player.
    He reminds me of Zack Thomas or Stephon Tulloch.

Smaller, but great fundamentals.

Blog Entries

He reminds me of Zack Thomas or Stephon Tulloch.

Smaller, but great fundamentals.
    Zach Thomas is exactly it. It's always good when you have a guy who can run the defense at the MLB spot. A real Football General on the field. Borland could turn into that guy if things go right.

Blog Entries

With the 56th pick in the draft, the San Francisco 49er's select...

Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

Right now the Niners only have Daniel Kilgore as a guard/center swing player. Kilgore isn't a bad player, but he isn't someone you want starting. His off-field issues are troubling as well. Richburg is a pro-ready interior lineman with excellent footwork. He held up well during the Senior Bowl against some of the best defensive linemen in this draft. He also impressed scouts and coaches with his football knowledge.

On The Clock: (57). San Diego Chargers - Rustonrifle

With the 56th pick in the draft, the San Francisco 49er's select...

Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

Right now the Niners only have Daniel Kilgore as a guard/center swing player. Kilgore isn't a bad player, but he isn't someone you want starting. His off-field issues are troubling as well. Richburg is a pro-ready interior lineman with excellent footwork. He held up well during the Senior Bowl against some of the best defensive linemen in this draft. He also impressed scouts and coaches with his football knowledge.
    And the rich get richer. SB and NFC championship game back to back years. Pick 30th in the 1st, but still draft 2 plug and play starters with their 1st 2 picks. Thought they'd bring back Goodwin for another year or two, but apparently not. Looks like he's going to the Saints. Instead wicked just gets the best C in the draft in the 2nd. And he's up again in 5 picks. Wonder what he does next. Hate the 49'ers, but gotta respect them.

I was going back and forth between Demarcus Lawrence , Trent Murphy and Trevor Reilly.

Since I don't think it's wise to reach for a CB out of need and I feel I can land a SS later the pick is going to be

Trevor Reilly, DE/LB , Utah to upgrade the front seven

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I was going back and forth between Demarcus Lawrence , Trent Murphy and Trevor Reilly.

Since I don't think it's wise to reach for a CB out of need and I feel I can land a SS later the pick is going to be

Trevor Reilly, DE/LB , Utah to upgrade the front seven
    I like Reilly. Underrated player. I think Lawrence is more of a 3-technique DE than an OLB.

Blog Entries

Saints and Flacco Machado back on the clock.

The New Orleans Saints select...WR Donte Moncrief.

I could not run fast enough to the podium, with this pick. After losing Lance Moore in FA and with Marques Colston getting a little long in the tooth, Moncrief will inject some youth, along with Kenny Stills, into the Saints air attack. Drew Brees is very happy. Moncrief, being from Ole Miss, makes this an even better story.
    Last edited by Flacco Machado; 04-18-2014 at 12:09 PM.