Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

My nomination for the Jags pick is Clowney. I feel like in real life they would draft him if he was there at number 3. They have their LT albeit coming off a torn ACL .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And in full disclosure, I thought Bridgewater to St.L was a decent enough pick.
    Weird(ish) shit happens in the draft, (Ponder @12 in '11, and Travis Fuckin' Frederick in the first round for the Cowboys?!?) And I personally think Sammy's days as a starter in St.L are numbered.

I'll take it into consideration if I'm needed off the bench...

Here's the pick for the Jacksonville Jaguars @#3

Given the quantity of needs in St.L, I feel like Jags GM Less Snead would be open to trading back in the draft.

If that were to happen, they would most certainly have a fine trade partner in ATL, who is looking to bolster their pass rush and already has a good relationship with Snead (who came from ATL). Given the relationship and needs, St. L could decide trade back to ATL who would then pick the dominant pass rusher, Clowney.

HOWEVER!

Because trades are not allowed in this draft, The Jags are now torn between Clowney and a franchise QB.

Feeling the strong rush on QBs due to Bortles and Bridgewater being picked 1 & 2, the Jacksonville Jaguars hand their card to Rodger.

"With the third pick in the 2014 NFL Draft..." The camera cuts to Snead and Bradley high fiving in the Jag's war room. "...the Jacksonville Jaguars pick...DE out of South Carolina, Jadaveon Clowney."

Even after signing Red Bryant, Chris Clemons, Ziggy Hood and re-signing Jason Babin, Bradley finally has the centerpiece for his defense in place. As the camera fades away from the Jag's war room...on the whiteboard behind the Jags inner circle...did I just see Josh Mettenberger and Tahj Boyd's names circled?!

Hmmm....

The Cleveland Browns are now on the clock!
    Last edited by bensmotorcyclehelmt; 04-09-2014 at 11:24 PM.

With the fourth pick the Cleveland Browns select Derek Carr, Quaterback, Fresno State

Do I think Carr is worth a #4 pick? No, but as of right now the starter is Brian Hoyer. With two QB's off the board already, I would rather be safe than sorry.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Oakland and GOTA you are on the clock
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I can see why Browns would feel pressure to go Carr there, but passing on Watkins would be pretty rough IMO. Getting Watkins, Cameron, and Gordon on the same field is probably enough to make any half-assed QB look Pro Bowl level.

As a Ravens fan though, I hope they pass on Watkins for a QB. :)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I can see why Browns would feel pressure to go Carr there, but passing on Watkins would be pretty rough IMO. Getting Watkins, Cameron, and Gordon on the same field is probably enough to make any half-assed QB look Pro Bowl level.

As a Ravens fan though, I hope they pass on Watkins for a QB. :)
    Very good point, but in such a deep WR class and with few holes in their defence I am confidence they will still get a good receiver.
    - Ray Lewis

Raiders should go with Robinson, it's not sexy but it is what wins

Blog Entries

The Oakland Raiders select:

Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

With all these QBs coming off the board I smell a RSR conspiracy for a super dope player for Ravens at 17.... Also nice Watkins pick.