Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Seeing how he is signed through 2015 and is coming of knee surgery, I don't think you can make that conclusion.
    Well, of course, that/my conclusion can indeed be made. The only question is to what degree of certainty.

My degree of certainty is in the present: there are two QB prospects that I'd take in the first round; and I think that both are better than Bradford.

WRT to tomorrow's degree of certainty, I don't how Bradford will progress, I don't know about his knee, I have no idea who will be available in '15 at the QB position, nor do I know where STL will pick. All of that equals an overall low certainty, that I can right the ship in 2015 if I have to.

WRT to pass-catchers, STL has them in all shapes and sizes; and while Watkins would be a certain upgrade, it comes back to franchise QB >>> everything else
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Plausible yes, but I don't think they go QB at #2. I think their 2nd 1st round pick is more likely a QB.

But hey, I remember the last time I did this, I had the Redskins taking Bradford at pick 4 because even though it was widely accepted he'd go #1, the mockers ahead of me passed on him.
    That could be risky. If there's a run on QB's before pick 12 they're stuck (if replacing Bradford is their plan). If they believe Bradford isn't the answer then I would say QB at #2 makes the most sense.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Plausible yes, but I don't think they go QB at #2. I think their 2nd 1st round pick is more likely a QB.

But hey, I remember the last time I did this, I had the Redskins taking Bradford at pick 4 because even though it was widely accepted he'd go #1, the mockers ahead of me passed on him.
    Possible.

I was more or less saying it's not improbable they pick a QB. If they were committed to Bradford, he'd have his extension back in February when it was being discussed then. Instead, he's going into this season being a mediocre QB that counts as a $17+ million cap hit.

He may still get that extension when it's all said and done, but I think a QB competition would be in order and the Rams are going to want adequate talent to make that competition worth while.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He may still get that extension when it's all said and done, but I think a QB competition would be in order and the Rams are going to want adequate talent to make that competition worth while.
    I see this can be taken either way. the way you mean it, where he has adequate talent for competition in the form of a capable QB, but i also see as how i think it needs to be addressed by having adequate talent at other positions to see what Bradford and/or the next QB are actually capable of.

Its a fan Mock so i dont take issue with the reasoning. You dont see Bradford as the answer, than youre looking for another QB. I dont think thats the case in StL though. I think he is their answer this year and beyond, but they need to get him somebody better to throw to and a line thats going to protect him, if not for his sake, for the next guys chances to improve.
    -JAB

Seeing how he is signed through 2015 and is coming of knee surgery, I don't think you can make that conclusion.
    Maybe the Rams don't throw Bridgewater into the fire, and let him learn as a backup for a year. Bradford's cap hit in 2014 is $17.6M; cutting him next year (in 2015) would result in only $3.6M dead money. That might be a hit the Rams are willing to take.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Well, of course, that/my conclusion can indeed be made. The only question is to what degree of certainty.

My degree of certainty is in the present: there are two QB prospects that I'd take in the first round; and I think that both are better than Bradford.

WRT to tomorrow's degree of certainty, I don't how Bradford will progress, I don't know about his knee, I have no idea who will be available in '15 at the QB position, nor do I know where STL will pick. All of that equals an overall low certainty, that I can right the ship in 2015 if I have to.

WRT to pass-catchers, STL has them in all shapes and sizes; and while Watkins would be a certain upgrade, it comes back to franchise QB >>> everything else
    I wasn't commenting on your conclusion. I was commenting specifically on the conclusion that STL is not sold on Bradford or he would have been extended by now. I find that a huge reached based on he is signed for 2 more years as is coming of significant injury.

I think the issue that is going on here is that I am viewing the Rams as they view themselves (as best I can) and you are picking based on you being their new GM.

I wasn't commenting on your conclusion. I was commenting specifically on the conclusion that STL is not sold on Bradford or he would have been extended by now. I find that a huge reached based on he is signed for 2 more years as is coming of significant injury.

I think the issue that is going on here is that I am viewing the Rams as they view themselves (as best I can) and you are picking based on you being their new GM.
    Ok, I see now.

And yes, you are right. For pick-by-pick mocks, I carry on as if I'm GM.
    If ever I do an all-32 mock again (it's been awhile), it would be based on what I think that franchise would do.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac1123 View Post
    You have already f...ed this mock draft up by making an idiotic selection that doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being correct
    I'm not piling on or dismissing your opinion, although you could have expressed it in a more courteous manner.
    BPR had his reasons for the Bridgewater pick. While that may seem "unrealistic" to some, consider many of the draft choices the Browns, Jets, and other disfunctional teams have made over the years. It's not just amateur posters, but actual pro GMs who make some head-scratching choices... Bc

As the GM for the Steelers, i have sent my head coach to trip the card carrier of the Jags pick, may take a bit before we get it to come in.

Codypka is on the clock with the Jags. He still has till late tonight (Eastern time) to make the pick.

To be fair, I did say we'd start Friday, so hopefully he sees this!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Codypka is on the clock with the Jags. He still has till late tonight (Eastern time) to make the pick.

To be fair, I did say we'd start Friday, so hopefully he sees this!
    Maybe you should send him a PM so he knows it started earlier

Aw, Bridgewater wouldn't make a pimple on Bert Jones ass...but that's just me. Or maybe not just me...😊

Sent from my Windows Phone via Tapatalk

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."