Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 930
  1. #196

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread



    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    None of those guys were expected to be there anyway. Everyone has been talking about Dix, Ebron and Martin as the most likely targets. 2 of those 3 are guaranteed to be there which means there is a choice at least among the favorites. In addition there is also Pryor, Cooks, Beckham, Mosely etc... That's a good number of options for the Ravens.
    Still reeks of a settling. None of those players are an exciting prospect.




  2. #197

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I would simply take the safety the team felt most comfortable with.
    At this point, that is HHCD to me.

    RT is fairly deep into the 2nd/3rd range, where as, HHCD appears to be basically the only day 1 starter "true center fielder" in the entire draft.

    IT's not poor value, many talking heads rate him higher then either Vacarro or Reid from last year. He may not be a true BPA, but thus far Free Agency has sort of shoehorned us into this scenario by filling basically every other position of NEED.

    I'm even more comfortable with Wagner at RT or KO at RT and Jensen/Wagner at LG then I am with Darian Stewart at FS.
    You know, I'm coming around to that...not that I really like the player, but I think Dix is the profile of what they want and in most mocks, he's going somewhere around 17-25 so it's not like it'd be a reach. I think the board may "get wiped out" similar to the 2011 draft...in regards to the guys we really want being there...I even personally think that Martin may not be there at 17 either.

    It wouldn't be a pick I'd be excited about at all, especially considering we just took a safety in the first last year, but to be honest...and I'm not comparing him, but Ed Reed was not projected to be the player he became in the draft, and most of us weren't excited about that pick either.

    We'll see.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  3. #198
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I really think our best chance to get a good bounty for our pick would be if 1 of the 3 QB's were to fall, and someone wanted to jump ahead of the Browns second selection....
    But then they would probably trade with someone a bit closer to the Browns' pick. Also, their next pick would likely be an early 2, meaning no 1st rounder this year (and they might be reluctant to give up their next year's first, or they would have just used that pick on the QB earlier).




  4. #199

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I really think our best chance to get a good bounty for our pick would be if 1 of the 3 QB's were to fall, and someone wanted to jump ahead of the Browns second selection....
    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    But then they would probably trade with someone a bit closer to the Browns' pick. Also, their next pick would likely be an early 2, meaning no 1st rounder this year (and they might be reluctant to give up their next year's first, or they would have just used that pick on the QB earlier).
    I think the best scenario for the Ravens to trade down is if the QB's fall and Arizona wants to leapfrog Miami to ensure getting the QB to groom. Or even if the Browns want to jump ahead of those two teams thinking they could get the QB they like at 26 and then get nervous.




  5. #200
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think the best scenario for the Ravens to trade down is if the QB's fall and Arizona wants to leapfrog Miami to ensure getting the QB to groom. Or even if the Browns want to jump ahead of those two teams thinking they could get the QB they like at 26 and then get nervous.
    I don't see the Dolphins abandoning ship on Tannehill, but I could see the Browns wanting to leapfrog Arizona. (Without looking at point values) it's possible they could switch both first and second round picks and then maybe pickup their third from Pitt.




  6. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,512

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    kris21054 is on the clock ....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    kris21054 is on the clock ....
    After the flurry of activity earlier, this waiting is getting excruciating.




  8. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Still reeks of a settling. None of those players are an exciting prospect.
    When have the Ravens ever drafted an exciting prospect in the 1st round? Ozzie drafts the best possible guys around where the team ends up. Because we aren't the Browns or Rams or Jaguars that means not being able to draft the guys with the biggest hype. Somehow though he manages to do a great job anyway. I see this year going that way too.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,883
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    When have the Ravens ever drafted an exciting prospect in the 1st round? Ozzie drafts the best possible guys around where the team ends up. Because we aren't the Browns or Rams or Jaguars that means not being able to draft the guys with the biggest hype. Somehow though he manages to do a great job anyway. I see this year going that way too.
    From everything I've read, there are at least 30-40 guys who could be good value in the 1st round.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,512

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Ex, you might get your wish and get the Ravens. I'm out if pocket tomorrow morning so I might not be able to make the pick.

    If that ends up happens, you can have the Ravens going forward.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #206
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,883
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ex, you might get your wish and get the Ravens. I'm out if pocket tomorrow morning so I might not be able to make the pick.

    If that ends up happens, you can have the Ravens going forward.
    ...but Randy Moss isn't in this draft...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #207

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ...but Randy Moss isn't in this draft...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly runrayrun27

    Twitter: @cjacks17





  13. #208
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ex, you might get your wish and get the Ravens. I'm out if pocket tomorrow morning so I might not be able to make the pick.

    If that ends up happens, you can have the Ravens going forward.
    I think there's only 3 hours left on the clock for Dallas. You could run up to the podium with your card at that point.




  14. #209

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    If by 11 EST we havent heard from Dallas it will be forfeited and decided by whoever wants to grab it
    Formerly runrayrun27

    Twitter: @cjacks17





  15. #210
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,883
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

    For me, I think Dallas goes Clinton-Dix, Kony Ealy, Dee Ford, or Ra'Shede Hageman.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland