Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Could see Dallas going OL or DL. I don't think there are many DT's of good value here.

IMO, Joel Bitonio, JuWuan James, or maybe Trent Edwards.
    That wouldn't be a bad way to go, but I can also see a big need to replace DeMarcus Ware. Scott Crichton or Demarcus Lawrence could be possibilities, although Lawrence is a bit of a reach, IMO. Crichton, on the other hand, is pretty fair value here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That wouldn't be a bad way to go, but I can also see a big need to replace DeMarcus Ware. Scott Crichton or Demarcus Lawrence could be possibilities, although Lawrence is a bit of a reach, IMO. Crichton, on the other hand, is pretty fair value here.
    Good point.

Trent Edwards is a DE by the way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Well Alienbird I am going to please you and disappoint you. It figures when I do not check the board my turn comes up but when I am checking it often it is no where close to my pick. Sorry for making everyone wait.

After revamping their defensive line the Cowboys select Scott Crichton from Oregon State. The Cowboys hope that he can help rebuild the depleted defensive line.

Blog Entries

HR and the Ravens are ON THE CLOCK!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good point.

Trent Edwards is a DE by the way...
    I think you mean Trent Murphy maybe? The guy from Stanford?

Quote Originally Posted by kris21054 View Post
    Well Alienbird I am going to please you and disappoint you.
    No worries. I'm not disappointed at all; sometimes people get busy. Glad you could participate.

Fired up for HR's pick. Going out on a limb...it's gonna be a jaw dropper (*cough* terrance brooks *cough*
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Fired up for HR's pick. Going out on a limb...it's gonna be a jaw dropper (*cough* terrance brooks *cough*
    I still haven't jumped off the Jordan Matthews train. Especially if Ward is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I still haven't jumped off the Jordan Matthews train. Especially if Ward is gone.
    That's fair. It's goign to be an interesting pick. Probably a pick where I will be satisfied either way. I'm a big fan of drafting for need, but that just isn't how Ozzie works so I will not be surprised if they go BPA (Matthews could very well be BPA)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think you mean Trent Murphy maybe? The guy from Stanford?
    Yes, you're correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    I hope in reality the Titans would pass up on Tuitt. I would be stoked with Stephon Tuitt in the 2nd rd.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkymaster View Post
    After Bucannon is off the board, I don't think any of the safeties left will come in and start right away. I think Brooks is a reach at this point and would rather go for Niklas, who I think would be a Raven for 10 years if we picked him. If ND used Niklas as a receiver more, he'd probably be the #1 TE in this draft. Roll the dice on a safety later, or go shopping in the recycling bin post june 1.
    Couldn't disagree more here and Bucannon is a SS, which we don't need. First of all, from an overall rankings standpoint, Brooks is maybe a 10-15 pick reach at 48, if you can even call that a reach. Again, overall, he and Niklas are ranked similarly. Now Niklas is a nice prospect, but plays a position where the Ravens already have 2 guys in front of him. Unless he's the 2nd coming of Tony Gonzalez it would be almost irresponsible to take him in the 2nd when you have other such huge needs, chief of which is a FS. A solid 3rd TE can be found later on.

Now if you don't like Brooks, that's one thing, but I do and I think he is a rookie starter on the Ravens. I like Jimmie Ward better, but he's already long gone. However, when comparing measurables there isn't much difference between the two. Both are 5'11, Ward is 195lbs and Brooks is 200Lbs, same exact size as Ed Reed btw. I know, I know, just saying. Brooks' 40 time is 4.41 and Ward's is 4.47. Their strength numbers are identical. No doubt that Ward was more productive at N. Illinois than Brooks was at FSU, but of course more was required of him. Conversely, Brooks obviously played against a higher caliber of competition than Ward and is used to winning.

I like Brooks in the 2nd because I feel he's our last legitimate shot at a starting FS in this draft. Sure, he's no lock and somebody later on could end up being a gem. But after him you are reduced to picking from among guys in the 100-150 range on most prospect boards, ie. Bailey, Reynolds, Ladler. This is one time when I advocate drafting for need. Rolling the dice later in the draft or shopping in the recycling bin after 6/1 is no plan to have for a position where right now you would basically have nobody.

To me Niklas isn't even in this conversation. Now what would be harder is passing on Moncrief and Matthews, both of whom I really like and would love to see on the Ravens, but at this point there are still a good 10 quality wideouts on the board. Somebody attractive will still be there to take in the 3rd. Yes, WR is a need, from a developmental perspective, but we do now have what looks to be a competent WR core for 2014. The same can't be said for the FS position.