Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

I would simply take the safety the team felt most comfortable with.
    At this point, that is HHCD to me.

RT is fairly deep into the 2nd/3rd range, where as, HHCD appears to be basically the only day 1 starter "true center fielder" in the entire draft.

IT's not poor value, many talking heads rate him higher then either Vacarro or Reid from last year. He may not be a true BPA, but thus far Free Agency has sort of shoehorned us into this scenario by filling basically every other position of NEED.

I'm even more comfortable with Wagner at RT or KO at RT and Jensen/Wagner at LG then I am with Darian Stewart at FS.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    You know a lot, my friend, but I can't see a trading partner that would give up a 2nd for our pick. IMO there are quite a few teams that will have the same MO. I can possibly see a trade down into the upper-mid 20's for a 3rd, but not for a 2nd... Bc
    If San Fran wanted to jump from 30 they may give up one of their 2nds to do it...Outside that I cant see anyone else giving a 2nd to mack a jump. Best case: a team like Philly wants to jump up and gives us a 3rd
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    If San Fran wanted to jump from 30 they may give up one of their 2nds to do it...Outside that I cant see anyone else giving a 2nd to mack a jump. Best case: a team like Philly wants to jump up and gives us a 3rd
    I really think our best chance to get a good bounty for our pick would be if 1 of the 3 QB's were to fall, and someone wanted to jump ahead of the Browns second selection....

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    None of those guys were expected to be there anyway. Everyone has been talking about Dix, Ebron and Martin as the most likely targets. 2 of those 3 are guaranteed to be there which means there is a choice at least among the favorites. In addition there is also Pryor, Cooks, Beckham, Mosely etc... That's a good number of options for the Ravens.
    Still reeks of a settling. None of those players are an exciting prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I would simply take the safety the team felt most comfortable with.
    At this point, that is HHCD to me.

RT is fairly deep into the 2nd/3rd range, where as, HHCD appears to be basically the only day 1 starter "true center fielder" in the entire draft.

IT's not poor value, many talking heads rate him higher then either Vacarro or Reid from last year. He may not be a true BPA, but thus far Free Agency has sort of shoehorned us into this scenario by filling basically every other position of NEED.

I'm even more comfortable with Wagner at RT or KO at RT and Jensen/Wagner at LG then I am with Darian Stewart at FS.
    You know, I'm coming around to that...not that I really like the player, but I think Dix is the profile of what they want and in most mocks, he's going somewhere around 17-25 so it's not like it'd be a reach. I think the board may "get wiped out" similar to the 2011 draft...in regards to the guys we really want being there...I even personally think that Martin may not be there at 17 either.

It wouldn't be a pick I'd be excited about at all, especially considering we just took a safety in the first last year, but to be honest...and I'm not comparing him, but Ed Reed was not projected to be the player he became in the draft, and most of us weren't excited about that pick either.

We'll see.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I really think our best chance to get a good bounty for our pick would be if 1 of the 3 QB's were to fall, and someone wanted to jump ahead of the Browns second selection....
    But then they would probably trade with someone a bit closer to the Browns' pick. Also, their next pick would likely be an early 2, meaning no 1st rounder this year (and they might be reluctant to give up their next year's first, or they would have just used that pick on the QB earlier).

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    But then they would probably trade with someone a bit closer to the Browns' pick. Also, their next pick would likely be an early 2, meaning no 1st rounder this year (and they might be reluctant to give up their next year's first, or they would have just used that pick on the QB earlier).
    I think the best scenario for the Ravens to trade down is if the QB's fall and Arizona wants to leapfrog Miami to ensure getting the QB to groom. Or even if the Browns want to jump ahead of those two teams thinking they could get the QB they like at 26 and then get nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think the best scenario for the Ravens to trade down is if the QB's fall and Arizona wants to leapfrog Miami to ensure getting the QB to groom. Or even if the Browns want to jump ahead of those two teams thinking they could get the QB they like at 26 and then get nervous.
    I don't see the Dolphins abandoning ship on Tannehill, but I could see the Browns wanting to leapfrog Arizona. (Without looking at point values) it's possible they could switch both first and second round picks and then maybe pickup their third from Pitt.

kris21054 is on the clock ....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    kris21054 is on the clock ....
    After the flurry of activity earlier, this waiting is getting excruciating.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Still reeks of a settling. None of those players are an exciting prospect.
    When have the Ravens ever drafted an exciting prospect in the 1st round? Ozzie drafts the best possible guys around where the team ends up. Because we aren't the Browns or Rams or Jaguars that means not being able to draft the guys with the biggest hype. Somehow though he manages to do a great job anyway. I see this year going that way too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    When have the Ravens ever drafted an exciting prospect in the 1st round? Ozzie drafts the best possible guys around where the team ends up. Because we aren't the Browns or Rams or Jaguars that means not being able to draft the guys with the biggest hype. Somehow though he manages to do a great job anyway. I see this year going that way too.
    From everything I've read, there are at least 30-40 guys who could be good value in the 1st round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.