Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

if im protecting my job, im either giving Bradford some protection or a better set of WRs. Starting anew would lead me to think the FO is already out the door. I see them taking a QB but not at #2.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    if im protecting my job, im either giving Bradford some protection or a better set of WRs. Starting anew would lead me to think the FO is already out the door. I see them taking a QB but not at #2.
    yeah, i'm probably not going to have a backup QB with a $17 million cap hit. If he can't improve with Sammy Watkins, or a combo of Greg Robinson and Mike Evans, then I'll cut him next year when you can save $13 million with only $3 million in dead money

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    Interesting pick to say the least. But hey, I guess BPR feels the new rams brass will want their own guy under center after four years of the failed Sam Bradford experiment
    Yup. This is pretty much it.
    Just being consistent with my philosophy...if you need a franchise QB (and STL still does IMO) then don't diq around. Go get one immediately.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    With the second pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select, Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, University of Louisville.

Unlike GM Les Sneed and coach Jeff Fisher, I’d rather protect my job than protect my credibility. Bradford is not the answer, so I’m bringing in a guy who I think will be the answer for the next 10-15 years.
    You have already f...ed this mock draft up by making an idiotic selection that doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being correct

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac1123 View Post
    You have already f...ed this mock draft up by making an idiotic selection that doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being correct

hahahaha...thanks for your support
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

It's an interesting pick. Not a bad pick....if you have a QB you love go out and grab him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.... but in a much kinder way of expressing that sentiment. :)

The Rams would have already gotten rid of Bradford if they are not committed to him.

What else can you see in that crystal ball?

His philosophy is pretty clear and I agree with it. The Rams have a very good young defence. They have pick #12 which I would assume would focus on a tackle so there's the protection.

It's a very interesting pick and could very well happen. That's the point of a mock draft. We get to see different perspective.

Don't like it? Don't read it
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

If the Rams were committed to Bradford, he'd have an extension by now.

Going QB is totally plausible for the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    What else can you see in that crystal ball?

His philosophy is pretty clear and I agree with it. The Rams have a very good young defence. They have pick #12 which I would assume would focus on a tackle so there's the protection.

It's a very interesting pick and could very well happen. That's the point of a mock draft. We get to see different perspective.

Don't like it? Don't read it
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Seeing how he is signed through 2015 and is coming of knee surgery, I don't think you can make that conclusion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Plausible yes, but I don't think they go QB at #2. I think their 2nd 1st round pick is more likely a QB.

But hey, I remember the last time I did this, I had the Redskins taking Bradford at pick 4 because even though it was widely accepted he'd go #1, the mockers ahead of me passed on him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!