Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5657585960 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

I don't think McGill sucks but he has some serious issues staying healthy. I wouldn't be interested in him before round 4.

With the 71st pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Jack Mewhort, OT/OG, OSU

After getting addressing their biggest offensive needs (QB+WR) and their biggest defensive need (CB) they go after some line help. They have two of the top 5 at their position with Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, but need help elsewhere. Schwartz may be better inside, Mewhort brings some versatility to play RT or slide inside as well.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Last year is a good comparison. I believe the top RB consensus prior to the draft was, I believe, Eddie Lacy? And he ended up being the 4th RB taken.

I think skill set is definitely going to be a factor. The RB position is going through some major metamorphosis. Gone are the days where you find that "one guy" to be the workhorse. Now you have multiple backs, each with their own role. And that's why more and more, older RBs struggle to find a home after their deals expire, because it's easier to draft a role-based guy and build your running game by committee.
    I just saw that Drafttek now has the Ravens taking Sankey in the 2nd. Can't say I'd be happy with any RB in the 2nd round for the Ravens.

http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2.asp

Blog Entries

the 2nd round for RBs is like what the 1st round was 3 years ago. We dont need a RB that bad to warrant such a high pick. Comparatively we didnt use that high of a pick on our franchise RB we do have so why spend even higher on a backup to our backup? makes little sense.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Must have been a different conversation. I don't recall any talk about a move back to safety and people definitely were saying he wasn't very good. They just kind of blew him off, so I did too until I started hearing more and more about him.
    Well, folks see a bigger corner and automatically default to him maybe moving back to safety.

We're still doing it with Antone Exum, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Keith Mcgill, and Dontae Johnson. Some did it with Patrick Peterson and Jimmy Smith too.

The difference, IMO, a lot of these guys aren't stiff boards. That is why Malcom Jenkins moved back to FS after being a CB at Ohio State. He didn't have the hip movement to stick with receivers.

A lot of pundits are saying that the Seahawks showed the world how to win with big-bodied players in the secondary, but IMO, the Ravens, Steelers, Pats, Packers, Bears, and others have been succeeding with bigger corners for years. It is all about scheme and technique.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

There's little to no chance the Ravens take a RB in round two.

It certainly won't happen in this mock.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A lot of pundits are saying that the Seahawks showed the world how to win with big-bodied players in the secondary, but IMO, the Ravens, Steelers, Pats, Packers, Bears, and others have been succeeding with bigger corners for years. It is all about scheme and technique.
    thats the truth, though who was the Pats big CBs?
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    With the 71st pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Jack Mewhort, OT/OG, OSU

After getting addressing their biggest offensive needs (QB+WR) and their biggest defensive need (CB) they go after some line help. They have two of the top 5 at their position with Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, but need help elsewhere. Schwartz may be better inside, Mewhort brings some versatility to play RT or slide inside as well.
    I like Mewhort. Were Carlos Hyde, Tre Mason, or Terrance West under consideration for you? I don't trust Tate to stay healthy.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco Machado View Post
    I like Mewhort. Were Carlos Hyde, Tre Mason, or Terrance West under consideration for you? I don't trust Tate to stay healthy.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk
    Yup, I have a pick via the Steelers in about 10 picks. Should be one of those guys kicking around. I like Mewhort way too much and there's not many OT around anymore that I would trust starting right away, but I think Mewhort can. Definitely agree about them taking a RB though
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    With the 72nd pick, of the 2014 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select, Ed Reynolds, safety, Stanford.

With a talented offense already in place for Johnny, the Vikings continue to invest into it's defense. Reynolds is a tall, and rangy guy who could make a nice tandem with Harrison Smith.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    With the 72nd pick, of the 2014 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select, Ed Reynolds, safety, Stanford.

With a talented offense already in place for Johnny, the Vikings continue to invest into it's defense. Reynolds is a tall, and rangy guy who could make a nice tandem with Harrison Smith.
    He's a guy I was liking in later rounds for the Ravens. Good pick.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Machado and the Bills at the plate, Wicked and the Giants on deck and BigPlayReceiver and the Rams are in the hole (in a baseball mood)
    - Ray Lewis