Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Josh Freeman as the Ravens backup QB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Pass.

Tyrod has one thing on him that's going to trump just about anyone -- he knows the plays.
    if we bring in a vet anytime soon than he doesnt have that leg up anymore. if we wait until after OTAs or even into TC than maybe thats true, but i doubt he has that much of a grasp on the playbook kubiak just handed him a few weeks ago.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Pass.

Tyrod has one thing on him that's going to trump just about anyone -- he knows the plays.
    He knew the plays last year. I think they have just received the playbook right?

At this point everyone is at square one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    No problem bringing him in to compete. Early on he had a lot of comparisons to Flacco so can't hurt to kick the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tyrod did beat Curtis Painter out for the job (who is now with the Giants backing Eli)

Harbs loves competition, bring him in! We had Caleb Hanie in last year who couldn't stick more than a week on the Clowns roster later last year.

Right now our 3rd QB is Nick Stephens signed to PS on 10/30/13…Waived by the Dallas 8/27/13…Signed with the Cowboys on 12/31/12…Waived by the Titans on 8/26/12…Originally Titans UDFA
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

They need someone if Joe go's down because this back up we have now is absolutely terrible. He is entertaining to watch sometimes, but he's plays at more of a high school or small college level. You couldn't count on him to give you to many wins if any. It would be an absolute disaster if he takes the helm for any reason.

Only if the Ravens carry three QBs. Then Josh gets #2, and cheap salaried Tyrod gets #3 for change of pace plays and absolute emergency backup.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

If you can't be accurate in Gary Kubiak's offense, something is wrong with you.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Freeman wasn't just terrible in Minnesota, he was terrible in Tampa Bay before he was cut and he was terrible in 2012 up until the Buccaneers season started being meaningless. The Ravens would be better off taking Matt Flynn, Rex Grossman, or even waiting for the Texans to draft a new QB and go after T.J. Yates or Case Keenum.

Bold statement: Tyrod will thrive in Kubiak's system.

Not really that bold, but the change from a standard pocket system to a moving pocket could help his cause tbh. I can see him looking more NFL like under this new system. I'm just not quick to write him off as others are.

Josh does have a similar skill set to Flacco. Wouldn't mind him backing up Joe.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I've seen rumors they are waiting for Houston to cut Yates or keenum. Houston signed Fitzpatrick and will draft a QB. They won't carry 4 QBs so someone is getting cut.

Blog Entries

This was the other guy I was hoping the Bengals would go after if they could't land Jason Campbell.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I've seen rumors they are waiting for Houston to cut Yates or keenum. Houston signed Fitzpatrick and will draft a QB. They won't carry 4 QBs so someone is getting cut.
    that was my thought as soon as we got kubiak and long before they signed Fitz. Now it seems forgone imo, its just a matter of when. either of those two come in theyre already ahead of tyrod because they have a year and starts under their belts.
    -JAB