Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Josh Freeman as the Ravens backup QB

Last night Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller were talking about Josh Freeman visiting the Bears. Both agreed given his physical size and skill set that the best fit for Freeman would actually be with the Ravens. They said where ever he does sign if will be for the minimum so money isn't the issue.

Freeman was so good his 2nd season in the league that I'm surprised that he is still out there. Even guys who have never done a thing like Colt McCoy and Blaine Gabbart have jobs. Why is Freeman still out there? Would he be a better backup to Joe than Tyrod?

Re: Josh Freeman as the Ravens backup QB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Freeman was so good his 2nd season in the league that I'm surprised that he is still out there. .......

Would he be a better backup to Joe than Tyrod?
    Absolutely.

My guess is that he's still out of work because perhaps there's a perception that he didn't handle the adversity he faced in Tampa very well.
    By the way Colt McCoy and Blaine Gabbert were destined to be back ups. Freeman on the other hand still has potential as a starter. That might be another reason why teams are shying away from him if they've already have a starter on their roster.
    I wouldn't mind Freeman coming here. He could benefit from the ravens way of doing things.

I'm down with that idea.

If Freeman started being a drama queen Flacco's passive aggressive press conferences would be absolutely hilarious
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Freemans a mystery to me. he clearly has ability but seems to be lacking confidence as well as possibly not preparing himself the way he needs to. Id see him as a huge upgrade to Tyrod... given that his head is in the game. It would be an interesting signing.

He got a pretty raw deal in Minnesota, theyll probably regret that sooner than later.
    -JAB

Pass,he did nothing in Minnesota. He had an opportunity there, but played terrible.

Blog Entries

Freeman would be an excellent option as a back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Pass,he did nothing in Minnesota. He had an opportunity there, but played terrible.
    Yeah but they did little to help him either. They threw him in a game with little prep and practice.

Regardless, he needs to get his mind right.

Blog Entries

Learning a brand new playbook and getting accustomed to new receivers midway through a season?

Give me a break.

How often do we see starting QB's switch teams like that in the middle of a season?

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Learning a brand new playbook and getting accustomed to new receivers midway through a season?

Give me a break.

How often do we see starting QB's switch teams like that in the middle of a season?

That's true. Just look at what Carson Palmer did when he was traded in the middle of 2011 to the Raiders. He had 13 TDs and 16 Ints. The following year that changed to 22 TDs and 14 Ints. Quarterbacks need an offseason to work with an offense.

Honestly I like the idea. If Joe went down I would feel a lot better having Freeman who is the same type of QB than Taylor who is completely different or a rookie who will be a rookie. There is no reason to believe that this is being considered but I kind of hope it is.

Blog Entries

because they allowed him to start the week after he signed? i dont see that as an opportunity. They were hoping for a miracle and he wasnt that. Im not sure you could just throw anybody in there and expect much better results to be honest.
    -JAB

The weird thing is that he never got another crack in Minnesota. After that first game they buried him on the depth chart. There are just a lot of questions there. Something seems off, just not sure what it is. Lots of smoke, know what I mean? I'd be very leery if I was the Ozzie.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...