View Poll Results: How many primetime games will we be scheduled for?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    2 5.26%
  • 2

    21 55.26%
  • 3

    14 36.84%
  • 4 or more

    1 2.63%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 63
  1. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions



    Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    O's on road 1st week of season so we could get a Sunday or Monday niter. We always get a Sunday nite or Monday on the the road vs Stealers.

    Maybe Saints or Panthers in prime or Bengals.
    The Orioles are also home the following two weeks so the Ravens will most certainly open at home. Otherwise they would open with three road games which will not happen.




  2. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westminster (FORMER Training Camp)
    Posts
    932

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    It looks like we have to wait some more:

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-this-week/

    With the draft being moved back i suspect that they will milk more time off the clock. They will probably stagger the Prime Schedule and then the regular one. This is killing me.
    Captain Offense




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Roland Park
    Posts
    2,153

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    It looks like we have to wait some more:

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-this-week/

    With the draft being moved back i suspect that they will milk more time off the clock. They will probably stagger the Prime Schedule and then the regular one. This is killing me.
    I agree the waiting sucks. But I wasn't expecting it this week. They need a few days to pimp their "schedule release show." I've been thinking next Tue-Thu, and I still feel good about that. Hopefully it's not much later, because I need to plan my life through the end of 2014, and it is all on hold at the moment.

    From a "milking it" standpoint, they are better off releasing sooner rather than later. This is a dead-zone they could be filling with chatter about the schedule. The closer the draft gets, the more that talk heats up.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."




  4. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westminster (FORMER Training Camp)
    Posts
    932

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Hopefully it's not much later, because I need to plan my life through the end of 2014, and it is all on hold at the moment.
    So true. I have to figure out everything else in my life around the football schedule and the "away" options. With pending grandchildren due in September (Myrtle Beach) and October (Japan), and a mother living in Florida, I have to know what I have to plan around.
    Captain Offense




  5. #53

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    I honestly think the Ravens should make schedule predictions profitable....Rams are already one step ahead

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...heir-schedule/




  6. Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    I voted for 1 game but I think we can get two...We are almost always going to have a primetime game against Pittsburgh every year regardless of how good or bad both teams are. We will have a Sunday night game against the Colts




  7. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Roland Park
    Posts
    2,153

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I honestly think the Ravens should make schedule predictions profitable....Rams are already one step ahead

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...heir-schedule/
    $100,000? That's a joke. My rough math tells me that the odds of picking the weeks right are one in 17 factorial. Then you can multiply that times 3 every week since each game could occur on a Thurs, Sun, or Mon. I'm no mathematician, so Loba or someone else can check my math, but I show the odds of doing this correctly to be one in 45,933,532,441,368,200,000,000. (Maybe a little better than that, since there is not an equal possibility of games being on Mon or Thu.) They may as well offer a jillion quadrillion quintillion dollars to the winner.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."




  8. #56

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    So true. I have to figure out everything else in my life around the football schedule and the "away" options.
    For those who like to schedule long weekend vacations around Ravens away games, this is the most attractive road game schedule in years, with half the away games scheduled for attractive Sunbelt locations. Throw in three Rustbelt division foe plus one Rustbelt dome, all eight road games have potential this year, subject to times & dates. Of course, the NFL would likely throw a few curves such as Thursday Night road games and scheduling attractive games near holidays, when prices can easily double.

    The day that the schedule is announced, we'll be scouting French Quarter condo exchange or rental deals.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  9. #57

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    For those who like to schedule long weekend vacations around Ravens away games, this is the most attractive road game schedule in years, with half the away games scheduled for attractive Sunbelt locations. Throw in three Rustbelt division foe plus one Rustbelt dome, all eight road games have potential this year, subject to times & dates. Of course, the NFL would likely throw a few curves such as Thursday Night road games and scheduling attractive games near holidays, when prices can easily double.

    The day that the schedule is announced, we'll be scouting French Quarter condo exchange or rental deals.
    This should be a fantastic year for roadies.. Especially for those of us with Southwest Rapid Rewards points burning a hole in our pockets. Direct flights to all road cities except Cincy. Me and the wife are planning on doing New Orleans.. Me and the buddies will do a golf trip/Tampa game weekend. I've done Houston twice, did Miami last year, have no interest in giving Irsay any of my money, and rarely do roadies to division games. So Tampa and New Orleans it is...




  10. #58

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    This should be a fantastic year for roadies.. Especially for those of us with Southwest Rapid Rewards points burning a hole in our pockets. Direct flights to all road cities except Cincy. Me and the wife are planning on doing New Orleans.. Me and the buddies will do a golf trip/Tampa game weekend. I've done Houston twice, did Miami last year, have no interest in giving Irsay any of my money, and rarely do roadies to division games. So Tampa and New Orleans it is...
    Tampa & NOLA also top my list. We would do New Orleans if the game were scheduled at 3 am on a Tuesday night in Januray.

    Add Miami because we have a place in Florida and, like you, SWA Rapid Rewards that are begging to be used for Ravens games. Likely add Houston because I had to pass on two suite passes in 2012 due to health issues - I will hit on the same company to see if they still have extras.

    So that's four games before even seeing the schedule. Maybe I will ask the Ravens to re-annoint me as the team's "Road Warrior". ... OK, Road Warrior is an inside joke for those of us who go back to predecessor Ravens forums: check your Ravens year book from IIRC 2006 season.

    Expensive hobby, true, but unlike Trap, I travel on the cheap with SWA and save staying in 5 starts for European travel -- Hampton Inn is fine for us.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  11. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Roland Park
    Posts
    2,153

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    And next year features Denver, Arizona, and the SF Bay area. Much longer distances, but good trips to turn into a weeklong vacation. (Or swing by Vegas baby, yeah!)
    "Leave. Your. Mark."




  12. #60

    Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

    Our Annual trip to Pittsburgh to root on the Ravens is waiting for the schedule release...really wish more Ravens fans would make the easy 4 hour drive up to Pitt to watch the Ravens play.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland