View Poll Results: How many primetime games will we be scheduled for?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll

2 5.26%

21 55.26%

14 36.84%
  • 4 or more

1 2.63%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

You know things are slow when a thread on Justin Forsett merits five pages. So let's talk about the NFL schedule, which should be coming in the next week or two.

So I put on my Kreskin hat, and make these bold predictions:
    • We will see fewer primetime games this year. A down year, combined with the fact that the Ravens have never been a media darling, means two, maybe three, national games. (Last year we were scheduled for four but only played three as NE was flexed out of Sunday night.)
    • People on this board will complain about the lack of respect associated with the previous item. I will quietly rejoice and enjoy football as God intended, at 1:00 on Sundays.
    • Best primetime candidates in order: @HOU, @CIN, @IND, either PIT game, and CAR.
    • Reversing a recent trend, the Ravens will actually get some home games during the months when the weather is at its best in Baltimore (October-November)
    • We will close the season on the road, but it won’t be in Cincy this year. (Anybody wanna go to Cleveland?)

And a few things I hope:
    Let the Ravens (and us) have Thanksgiving off this year.

Can we please open at home, since we didn’t get to last year?

Let the Saints game be around Halloween. Because I’m going, and Halloween is AWESOME in the Big Easy.

No home December night games.

Several home January games.
    Last edited by HotInHere; 04-05-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

Your bullets are likely pretty spot on. Here's to more 1:00 games on Sunday

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I voted for 3, although I may be wearing purple glasses. Ravens are still Super Bowl champs from two seasons ago, so it's pretty fresh in people's memory. I can see Sunday and Monday night games, plus (I hate to say it) the Thanksgiving night game too. That may become Cowboys/Lions/Ravens/Turkey Day specials... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I voted for 3, although I may be wearing purple glasses. Ravens are still Super Bowl champs from two seasons ago, so it's pretty fresh in people's memory. I can see Sunday and Monday night games, plus (I hate to say it) the Thanksgiving night game too. That may become Cowboys/Lions/Ravens/Turkey Day specials... Bc
    The Thursday games make it tough to predict. Many of them are turkeys (pun intended) so you never really know what the chances are of getting Thursday games.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

One with Squeelers is a gimmie, due to the hard hitting rivalry, but I think Thanksgiving is just too tempting a slot. Schedulers know that they will get a game even if one or both teams season has tanked. Not true with other teams, they will have to take their chances and hope.

Houston is interesting possibility with the Kubiak talking points. Outside of that I don't see any strong case so I voted 2. But if it is a division dogfight we may get both Squeelers prime-timed
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I can't see a Ravens @ Texans being prime time. Not after the way both teams played last year.

And I'd be fine with a Thanksgiving game again. More eye balls on the team means more chances to expand the fan base.

Everything else is spot on. Oh, and no matter the schedule, expect 3-4 threads on how the league is purposefully screwing us.

I voted for two. Seems about right given the way we played last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I voted for 3, although I may be wearing purple glasses.
    I voted for #3 also, but I am hoping for zero. The only thing worse than a night away game is a night home game.

Ditto re Halloween in N'Awlins (again, as we were the Halloween visitors 8 seasons back). The Big Easy always a party town, but Halloween ranks up there with Jazz Fest, St Patrick's & St Joseph's, and Mardi Gras. Subject to the actual date, were thinking of spending an entire week there.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    ... Oh, and no matter the schedule, expect 3-4 threads on how the league is purposefully screwing us...
    LOL...well, aren't they ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I voted for #3 also, but I am hoping for zero. The only thing worse than a night away game is a night home game.

Ditto re Halloween in N'Awlins (again, as we were the Halloween visitors 8 seasons back). The Big Easy always a party town, but Halloween ranks up there with Jazz Fest, St Patrick's & St Joseph's, and Mardi Gras. Subject to the actual date, were thinking of spending an entire week there.
    The wife and I spent a week during Jazz Fest in 2012. WOW! IMO this is the best party town in the U.S.A.
    I told a friend, who had never been there, that if you can't have a good time in N.O. then they may as well starting digging a hole for you now. If you do go for a week, then have a grand time down there Mista T... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I can't see a Ravens @ Texans being prime time. Not after the way both teams played last year.
    I could see them making the Ravens/Texans game a Thurs night game this season. The Ravens have not had to travel and play a short week, road 'in-season' Thurs game in 3 seasons (excluding last year's opener) so I expect their Thurs game to be a roadie this season.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

I'm thinking 3. Pitt, Cincy, and the Colts
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    I could see them making the Ravens/Texans game a Thurs night game this season. The Ravens have not had to travel and play a short week, road 'in-season' Thurs game in 3 seasons (excluding last year's opener) so I expect their Thurs game to be a roadie this season.
    All that is true but that doesn't equal ratings.

The only way I see a Ravens @ Texans prime time game is if it's late in the season and there's a playoff implication causing the game to be flexed.