Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We are not a Super Bowl team right now

Should be obvious through these first 3 games, but going into the season we were all up in arms about how we weren't ranked among the AFC elites of New England, Indy and San Diego. It should be clear now that we don't belong up there with them.

Sure, we are 2-1, and could probably be 3-0 had the ref not screwed Heap over. But look at the way the Pats and Colts, and even the Steelers are just dismantling their opponents right now. We have eeked out 2 close wins at home against teams we should have rolled over. If Kellen Clemons and Kurt Warner can do what they did against us, imagine what Brady and Manning will do.

The book seems to be out on our defense as was mentioned in another thread. Just go no huddle and try to go deep. Rex doesn't have an answer for that. The way Warner was just marching the ball downfield almost at will was sickening.

Still way too early to give up on the season, but I just have a bad feeling these problems aren't going away. We might make it to the playoffs, but we'll most likely be one and done again if we can't find an answer.

Re: We are not a Super Bowl team right now

We are in serious trouble at CB with Rolle out. Ivy was eaten up most of the game. Boldin had 200+ against us. The lack of a good pass rush on Warner shows what any QB could do against us with plenty of time.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

We are not a Super Bowl team right now
    Good thing we don't need to be.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Anybody remember October, 2000?

We often look crappy in the first few months, that's what having a joke of a training camp will do to players.

We don't start hitting our stride in good years until about week 5-6.

All the Ravens need to change is the Marty/Billick Ball offensive philosophy, and tighten up the defense, and we'll be able to compete.

Thank goodness the Superbowl isn't in September, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Should be obvious through these first 3 games, but going into the season we were all up in arms about how we weren't ranked among the AFC elites of New England, Indy and San Diego. It should be clear now that we don't belong up there with them.
    I don't think San Diego should be up there with them either right now.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Yep, San Diego looks like trash.

Only New England appears elite at this point. Indy doesn't even look close to them.

Frankly, unless someone manages to beat the Patriots soon, this whole season might be a bit of a bore because they seem just darn unbeatable. I mean, they haven't really faced any elite teams (as SD has shown they're not really the crème de la crème this season), but I don't know how you stop Brady-to-Moss

It's too early to tell a whole lot about how the season's gonna play out, but I'm not too worried as the Ravens tend to be late bloomers. Momentum in the final weeks of the season is much more important that going 3-0, so we'll see when we get there. If our defense keeps getting eaten up by the no-huddle, though, I'll start getting worried pretty soon

Whew, it's a good thing that soon we should have a healthy Clayton. Oh it will be nice when we get Wilcox back. And OH yeah, if a big guy named Jonathan comes back he may help some too. I seem to remember a guy named Trevor that was pretty good last year, who should be clubbing it up in a few weeks. Samari Rolle on the outside and Ivy on the inside with Pittman helping out is a bit better as well. MA 's personal problems and McNair and Ray Lewis' lingering injuries may affect threm a bit.
    Hmm, I think some of that may to contribute to the fact taht we are not blwoing people out, but I could be wrong.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Thank goodness the Superbowl isn't in September, right?
    Now that sir is reality pie all of us need to eat from time to time.
    2-1,if it was 0-3 then I'd have the nervous sweat on.

Yes week 1 was a nightmare & sloppy,yes week 2 4th Q was sloppy,yes defending Warner and the hurry up was sloppy. But the Ravens came through in those last 2 games and almost won the first with all those turnovers.They are learning valuable lessons along this very long and difficult road of a regular season.

The only problem I see,if these type of games continue,then the Ravens will be emotionally and physically spent by the end of the season.[Or is that just me will be physically & emotionally spent ].
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Blog Entries

Everyone knows about the weaknesses in the secondary, and the 4th Quarter defensive collapses are troubling, but we still continue to be ineffective in the red zone. We do not have a back who can just bust it in. We try to finesse TDs rather than just ram the ball down opponents throats. We have to stop kicking field goals and start scoring TD's.

It would not have been close today if our first two drives did not stall.