Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: Torrey Smith thinks Joe Flacco gets unfair criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    You even watch a game? The fucking defense was in the backfield after the snap. Joe Montana would have sucked behind that line, shit running game, and pedestrian receiver corp without Boldin and a hurt Pitta.

:grbac:
    You act like Joe is the only QB working behind a shitty O line.... If you ask me, 19 Tds and 22 Ints is fuckin trash, especially if you're getting paid like Flacco. But if you must disagree with my statement that Joe sucked last year, than go on ahead. And you're the one asking me if I watch the games

Re: Torrey Smith thinks Joe Flacco gets unfair criticism

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    You act like Joe is the only QB working behind a shitty O line.... If you ask me, 19 Tds and 22 Ints is fuckin trash, especially if you're getting paid like Flacco. But if you must disagree with my statement that Joe sucked last year, than go on ahead. And you're the one asking me if I watch the games
    Joe did suck last year, but the all-22 says it was a team effort. The offensive play design was so bad, you would have begged for Cam to return. I ran more complex routes in high school as no one never wanted to get open. So lets be honest here, if Joe sucked worse we would have been 4-12..........like Matt Ryan. I think the 22 INTs and 19 TDs could have been much worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Another insecurity thread ? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't want to say anything, but.......:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously.

The lore of that pass is going to reach the level of my fathers "walking up hill both ways to school, barefoot and with his days worth of milk poured into his cupped hands" status pretty soon.

You must bow to the myth of The Great Flacco or risk the vitriol of the Flacco Boys. Mr. Flacco is an average QB. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Flacco made his luck on that "lucky" shot, along with the other guys on that offense. For Flacco, it's always blame and rarely credit. When guys are dropping balls all over the place, he's not clutch. But when they hold on, he's lucky.
    Pretty much this. Heck, in this regard even Sanchez during that run of two AFCCGs got more credit than Flacco usually gets.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Not really.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    You must bow to the myth of The Great Flacco or risk the vitriol of the Flacco Boys. Mr. Flacco is an average QB. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Just as some of the descriptions of that play in this thread are hyperbole, calling Joe average is just as bad.

If you ask me, 19 Tds and 22 Ints is fuckin trash,
    If stats define things, then watching the game is not important. A Receiver cutting right when he was to cut left, a TE who was to cut off a route on a blitz and did not get the audible, a WR or TE who has stone hands and pops the ball in the air for an INT, somebody who falls down in a route and lets the ball get picked - all of that puts the stats in perspective.

I was at the Bills game with the early Christmas with the INT's. Not all of them were on Joe.

Joe had a bad year last year. Did he "suck"? I'll pass on that "Bayless-characterization". And I will watch the games to sift through whether the fault lies with the O-Line failing to block, the RB or TE failing to pick up a blitz, and a receiver failing to run a proper route or fight for a ball. Considering all of the pieces that have to come together, I suspect most of the plays will spread the blame around. And if you find a stat where the receiver gets credit for an INT he causes (as opposed to a TD), let me know.
    Captain Offense

The great news is that we are 1 or 2 moves away from putting together the best offense #5 has ever had.
    So assuming good health for all, we're all about to find out very soon just how good Joe is or isn't.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Seriously.

The lore of that pass is going to reach the level of my fathers "walking up hill both ways to school, barefoot and with his days worth of milk poured into his cupped hands" status pretty soon.
    Or The Drive, or The Music City Miracle, or The Catch. It is what it is; a really amazing clutch play in a postseason game.

You'll still hear people say Montana was throwing the ball away, and was lucky that Clark came down with it. People insist that the MCM was a forward pass by Wycheck. It's the same way people denigrate our Mile High Miracle, and I think all people are doing on this board is pointing out the fact that it was an amazing clutch play by our team, specifically our QB.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Pretty much this. Heck, in this regard even Sanchez during that run of two AFCCGs got more credit than Flacco usually gets.
    He also got better clutch catches from Santonio Holmes.

You watch Boldin and Houshmanzadeh dropped almost back to back clutch passes at Heinz Field. Then, you turn around the next day and watch Santonio Holmes put on a clinic at Gillette.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore