Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Blount signs with the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    heh, so Bernard Pierce was attending the Torrey Smith charity basketball game today and Terrence West happened to be there too and hung out with him on the "Team Torrey" bench. WNST got a picture of them posted and myself and a few others commented on them possibly being teammates very soon. Bernard has been retweeting those, so perhaps we get an idea who he'd be interested in the Ravens picking up.
    Hopefully no one else is interested in him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skjwood View Post
    Would have liked to see him in purple and black

https://www.facebook.com/NFLonESPN
    Aaaww Heeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll Naaaaaaaaaawwwwww
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Why is Blount such a big deal? It's not like he was Daryl Smith who was a genuine great who just happened to get drafted by an awful team. Before the 2013 Colts game no one knew who Blount was. And the only reason is because of good games against Buffalo and Indy's horrible run defense.

Blog Entries

Apart from 2012, he's had a pretty promising career with stints in both TB and New England.

I wouldn't put him in AP's bracket as far as RBs, but he represented the last FA RB that has shown ability to be a GOOD starting RB.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Why is Blount such a big deal? It's not like he was Daryl Smith who was a genuine great who just happened to get drafted by an awful team. Before the 2013 Colts game no one knew who Blount was. And the only reason is because of good games against Buffalo and Indy's horrible run defense.
    He's only a big deal here because the Ravens and Steelers were interested. There is a real history of big powerful backs on the Ravens and Steelers and Blount fits that mold. Is this the signing that puts the Steelers over the top? I doubt it but he's still a nice addition to tlat team.

Before the 2013 Colts game no one knew who Blount was.
    If you never heard of Blount, then you don't watch other teams.

Dude was already a 1000 yard rusher in Tampa averaging 5 YPC and had almost 800 yards last year again averaging 5 YPC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    If you never heard of Blount, then you don't watch other teams.

Dude was already a 1000 yard rusher in Tampa averaging 5 YPC and had almost 800 yards last year again averaging 5 YPC.

Blount's lone 1,000 yard season was in 2010. Aside from that his production's been fairly mediocre. And pardon me if I don't spend my time watching one of the worst teams in the league.

Blount's lone 1,000 yard season was in 2010. Aside from that his production's been fairly mediocre. And pardon me if I don't spend my time watching one of the worst teams in the league.
    So...he's been in the league 4 years and averaged way over 4 YPC in 3 of his 4 years (2 of his 4 years he was at 5 YPC, and was at 4.2 YPC in the 3rd) and his production is mediocre? His career average is 4.7...very, very good.

And there's nothing wrong with not watching other teams, but no offense...when you don't, how can someone take your rather loud opinion on players you don't pay attention to seriously?

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I knew who Blount was after I saw this highlight from 2011:

Blog Entries

Would have loved Blount in purple. I can't get too worked up over it though. LeVeon Bell is their starter and they like to use 3 backs in a rotation. I'm not sure why Blount signed there when he could have gone to Oakland, Arizona, the Giants, the Jets, Jacksonville, or Miami and been the feature back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Nice signing for the Steelers, but as others have alluded, that's a team with bigger problems and needs than RB.