Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

Well, for the second time in a year in regards to this loser..."I told you so".

Stop getting your hopes up for this clown.

I wish him the best in life in general, but he cannot and absolutely should never be someone who is relied on on a football field.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

FWIW, Wilson tweeted something to the effect that McClain was expected to struggle with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I wish him the best in life in general, but he cannot and absolutely should never be someone who is relied on on a football field.
    Pass the crow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

cosign

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Wow, he failed a conditioning test in April. I guess his future is doomed.

Not that I expected much from him in the first place, but this is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    FWIW, Wilson tweeted something to the effect that McClain was expected to struggle with it...
    I expected him to struggle somewhat because he's been out of football for a minute, but a non padded conditioning test seems like something he could've been better prepared for.

Seems like he'll be here through OTA's and such so he'll have more time to get into better shape but this is definitely not a step in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post

I wouldn't say it is meaningless because he has a lot to prove and one would hope that with all the "I'm ready to make a come back and I've been training" commentary, he would have been able to come in on day-1 and blow everyone out of the water. Not so, apparently.

The silver lining is that now he knows where he is at from a conditioning stance (Harbaugh is notorious for having an extremely difficult conditioning test... Remember Jacoby failing last year?) and he can only go up from here. If he doesn't work his ass off this off - season, he probably won't even make it to training camp.

Lot of time before training camp. A lot could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post

How is it meaningless? This is exactly the kind of test that he's supposedly been getting in shape for. I doubt they just showed up out of the blue. McClain had a date and a goal and he didn't get there. It's the same way he's handled everything in the NFL since getting drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How is it meaningless? This is exactly the kind of test that he's supposedly been getting in shape for. I doubt they just showed up out of the blue. McClain had a date and a goal and he didn't get there. It's the same way he's handled everything in the NFL since getting drafted.
    This

Blog Entries

I still don't see a reason to cut him right now. If there's no requirement to re-instate him, he's costing us nothing, what's the harm in giving him a 2nd look right before TC, see if he's in shape then. If not, you release his rights and there's no harm done.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He has plenty of time to get in shape and chances are that he will. If he plays well he will make the team regardless of his conditioning test results. I bet half our team would fail the test in the offseason
    Last edited by Ravens Fan; 04-15-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wouldn't say it is meaningless because he has a lot to prove and one would hope that with all the "I'm ready to make a come back and I've been training" commentary, he would have been able to come in on day-1 and blow everyone out of the water. Not so, apparently.

The silver lining is that now he knows where he is at from a conditioning stance (Harbaugh is notorious for having an extremely difficult conditioning test... Remember Jacoby failing last year?) and he can only go up from here. If he doesn't work his ass off this off - season, he probably won't even make it to training camp.

Lot of time before training camp. A lot could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Jacoby failed his conditioning test and that was at beginning of training camp. McClain is failing months before TC. My guess is Harbaugh probably purposely had a tough conditioning test done to test McClain and potentially push him to train harder before TC to see how serious he really is. He may not have ever had conditioning tests this hard before coming from playing for Oakland.

The team seemed to expect him to struggle and that seems to mean they purposely did a very hard test.

I think the more concerning part of the tweet is that he showed up late. That may indicate he is not focused mentally like the previous articles about his preparation for his return have suggested.

The team will see how serious he is now that they put him through a grinder early and showed him how much he still needs to work at.