Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 292
  1. #37

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He also said "nothing is set in stone".

    Given his history, I want someone who not only set it in stone, but carry's those stone tablets around when he's training.
    I dont think he was referring to coming back, but coming back with the Ravens in particular. Thats not in his hands at this point.
    -JAB




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    Harbs is playing this just right. If he's truly dedicated as he says he is, and his actions match his talk, then he'll be here. If his talk is just that, or if he ends up getting arrested for something stupid, he won't. Simple as that. Like Harbs said, if he really has turned a corner, I'm kind of excited about it. At worst he'd be good depth at ILB, and at best he plays for them and plays well. We'll find out soon enough I think.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  3. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,727
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I didn't think it was possible for me to think he was an even bigger idiot, but after reading that... what a loser
    He's going to last about 2 weeks before he end's up in Harbaugh's dog house. It's great he found religion, as in football religion, but let's see how long that lasts when coach is riding his ass
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  4. #40

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    I believe Ravens give him a chance. He could be an asset at LB. The guy was a very good player when drafted. (6th pick in draft) Give him a chance, he will be hungry (if he is serious). Won't cost a lot of money. If given a chance I think he will do a good job and Ravens will end up signing him long term




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,481
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    This guy was good in college. He has never been good in the pros and I don't understand why people think he'll all of the sudden revert to his Bama playing abilities. Forget his off the field stuff and the fact that he is a mental midget, the guy is just not very good.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,358

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This guy was good in college. He has never been good in the pros and I don't understand why people think he'll all of the sudden revert to his Bama playing abilities. Forget his off the field stuff and the fact that he is a mental midget, the guy is just not very good.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westminster (FORMER Training Camp)
    Posts
    929

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    I have a feeling Harbaugh would be the type to smoke out the level of commitment from him early on in the OTA's. He will probably push him mercilessly (to the level of the CBA, of course). Talk is cheap and he has not shown self-discipline (combined with the off-field news surrounding the Ravens), so the patience with this will probably be thin.
    Captain Offense




  8. #44

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    I don't see why this guy gets so much attention for being a good PROSPECT years ago. Like Harbs said, if he's on the wagon, let him join the caravan. If not, #byeFelicia




  9. #45

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This guy was good in college. He has never been good in the pros and I don't understand why people think he'll all of the sudden revert to his Bama playing abilities. Forget his off the field stuff and the fact that he is a mental midget, the guy is just not very good.
    so he was worse than Bynes in Oakland?...

    Bynes is currently our 3rd ILB. I dont see how anybody cant see McClain as an upgrade even if he wasnt "good" in oakland. That was also when his head was up his ass, which is the biggest part of this equation. head in ass vs not anymore.

    how many people here can say they were the same person at 20 as they were at 24?
    -JAB




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,481
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    so he was worse than Bynes in Oakland?...

    Bynes is currently our 3rd ILB. I dont see how anybody cant see McClain as an upgrade even if he wasnt "good" in oakland. That was also when his head was up his ass, which is the biggest part of this equation. head in ass vs not anymore.

    how many people here can say they were the same person at 20 as they were at 24?
    The draft is coming up and FA is still on us so they can add players.

    Bynes is an UDFA who fought to make the roster and has seen limited playing time. Yes, I think he's better than McClain who was a high top pick in the first round and played so poorly he was eventually benched and took to Twitter to bitch about it.

    IMO he will never make it even if they give him a shot. He's just not very good and he's a quitter
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,074

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I don't see why this guy gets so much attention for being a good PROSPECT years ago. Like Harbs said, if he's on the wagon, let him join the caravan. If not, #byeFelicia
    Because he was more than a good prospect. He had all the makings of the next GREAT linebacker.
    Not good, but great.
    He was a leader of one of the best defenses in college football (if not the best) and won a national championship.
    He was a student of the game and knew where all 11 should be every play.
    He was physically gifted and worked hard.
    He was very young and made big mistakes...after he was drafted.

    He is still so very young but it APPEARS that he may very well be coming out the other side of a terrible time in his life where he could have fallen off completely.
    It could be a serious win-win for everyone involved, including his kids, the Ravens, and most importantly himself.
    He also gets consideration because of Ozzie's Alabama connections that just about no one else has.
    Ozzie gets to talk to Saban and gets to hear about other back stories which we never get to know about.

    And if he doesn't step up, than it is very sad.
    But at this point, we all know, this is the end of the line for him.
    I hope for his sake, he steps up to the plate and delivers.




  12. #48

    Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The draft is coming up and FA is still on us so they can add players.

    Bynes is an UDFA who fought to make the roster and has seen limited playing time. Yes, I think he's better than McClain who was a high top pick in the first round and played so poorly he was eventually benched and took to Twitter to bitch about it.

    IMO he will never make it even if they give him a shot. He's just not very good and he's a quitter
    I highly disagree that Bynes > McClain in Oakland. 2011 he showed flashes of being a very good player, despite his other issues. Inconsistencies, ill give you and he made mistakes, but I think what he showed was ability if nothing less and that ability is something Bynes has never shown. 99 tackles, 5 sacks and 14 passes defensed is not worse than what Bynes has done here. i like the guy that works hard for it better, but that doesnt make him a better player in my eyes.

    Well have to agree to disagree.
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland