Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

I don't think so.

Blog Entries

If he does come back then he will have to work twice as hard because Harbs is going to be all over him.

Knowing what we know about McClain...does that sound like something he'd be down for? Probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Harbs is a players coach in that aspect, he takes time to realize whats going on in guys lives and is compassionate to a degree (something stupid, drugs, alcohol not among them). IF hes dogging it at all, id expect him to be all over him as he would any player, but if hes actually trying and working hard I think hed treat him like any other player. I think it all depends on how McClain approaches them and the OTAs. If he does just come to camp with little to no communication before hand, than yeah i could see Harbs riding him more quickly. If hes able to attend some OTAs or is communication with Oz and Harbs before TC trying to get up to speed than I see no issue.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Just read on Twitter from one of the sun reporters that Ozzie will be in Alabama tomorrow and plans to meet with McClain. McClain has been preparing as if he will be playing and if the ravens still want him plans to attend the April 21 meetings. Is currently weighing 253, which I think they said was lower than his college weight of 260. Said to be in best shape since college.

Blog Entries

He sounds like he's made up his mind

“I woke up one day and said, ‘I want to go back and play football,’ and I don’t want to just to play football. I want to dominate the game of football.”

Blog Entries

3 strikes you are out.

I have no problem giving the dude a final shot. See if his walk matches his talk.

Maybe he does have the passion after all. What is the effect on salary cap? Does he play under his old contract/number? Or does the retirement mean that the old deal is invalid and a new agreement has to be reached?

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    Maybe he does have the passion after all. What is the effect on salary cap? Does he play under his old contract/number? Or does the retirement mean that the old deal is invalid and a new agreement has to be reached?
    He plays under his old cap number. He signed a one year tender with the Ravens, then retired, so we still have his rights under that agreement.

A motivated McClain makes us a better football team. If not, then we're still a damned good football team.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I didn't think it was possible for me to think he was an even bigger idiot, but after reading that... what a loser

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I love that article. I know its just "talk" but to me that speaks volumes because the last time he was talking about football, it didnt seem he loved it as much as it was what he was good at and his mind was right. He said he went back to alabama to learn to love the game again and i believe he may have done so. He may not be an instant starter but i think he and Smith make a better pair than Smith and Brown (normal situations). Hes a thumper that neither of those guys really are. hes a clear upgrade to Bynes.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    He also said "nothing is set in stone".

Given his history, I want someone who not only set it in stone, but carry's those stone tablets around when he's training.