Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

Absolutely incredible.

Later beeeeeeyotch.

My guess?

Harbs flat out told him he'll be lucky to make the team and right now he's sitting behind Smith, Brown, Bynes, and McClellan.

Rolando wanted to come in and be a starter from jump.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

This should come as no surprise to anyone. We should be thankful it happened now and not in August. McClain would've been a waste of a camp roster spot. This way, we'll probably have a young LB prospect in camp who actually wants to be there.

Tell me again how being late and failing his conditioning test didn't matter.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Absolutely incredible.

Later beeeeeeyotch.

My guess?

Harbs flat out told him he'll be lucky to make the team and right now he's sitting behind Smith, Brown, Bynes, and McClellan.

Rolando wanted to come in and be a starter from jump.
    I dont think that was an issue only because it would mean our FO was misleading him from the start a year ago. I highly doubt they said he would be a starter last year so why after sitting out a year would he think now hes deserving or has earned an automatic starting spot on a team that notoriously has position battles yearly. i think he knew coming into it he was on the outs looking in and just didnt love or want football enough to try and unseed them. which is basically what he told the guy that reported it.
    -JAB

What bitch ass mofo. I had hopes of him tearing it up in a nice ILB rotation for the Ravens. Oh well, at least we have D Smith and Art Brown (hopefully he's been lifting this off season)!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Tell me again how being late and failing his conditioning test didn't matter.
    failing his conditioning test and being late (possibly) led to the Ravens to... give him another chance before forcing him to retire again?

They were clearly willing to look past that and give him yet another shot so im curious why you think that mattered now.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    failing his conditioning test and being late (possibly) led to the Ravens to... give him another chance before forcing him to retire again?

They were clearly willing to look past that and give him yet another shot so im curious why you think that mattered now.
    It showed his state of mind, one that never took football seriously. That's why those issues matters. It had nothing to do with the teams attitude towards him. It had to do with his attitude toward the chance being offered to him.

I know you were pulling for him but come on. The writing on the wall is like gangster graffiti big at this point.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

So what do the Ravens filing papers say this time?
    Retired Hickory Farms Fruitcake?
    To understand paranoid people better, follow them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    freakin Nostradamus

As for McClain

This is awesome. Best gif ever.

As for McClain, all I can do is laugh hysterically. What a turd.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

It could have been a nice addition and added some depth but it's no big loss.Nothing ventured, nothing gained and the team lost nothing in the process.I hope they place him of the reserve retired list and don't release him outright.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It showed his state of mind, one that never took football seriously. That's why those issues matters. It had nothing to do with the teams attitude towards him. It had to do with his attitude toward the chance being offered to him.

I know you were pulling for him but come on. The writing on the wall is like gangster graffiti big at this point.
    Thats fine. I can see how they could be viewed as linked in that instance and probably dont really disagree in that sense, was more looking at it as teams actions vs his actions which i thought you were implying.

im not still pulling for him, if thats what you mean, at least not professionally. I think it was his first taste of football in years and he decided it was still bitter to him. some might not relate to something you loved that you grew to hate. I dont think that changes what he said and did leading up to it or that failling the condition test was vindictive of him not working out or trying to get back on his own. I dont doubt that he was working out and had thoughts of coming back because saban and others contested to it, but when the reality of it came to fruition... he just didnt want it. those that said it months, weeks, days ago can certainly claim "told you so" and call him a quitter because he is, but i do think its not quite as cut and dry as him just being a quitter. I really do think hes moving on because football isnt conducive to bettering him as a person, in his mind.
    -JAB

those that said it months, weeks, days ago can certainly claim "told you so" and call him a quitter because he is, but i do think its not quite as cut and dry as him just being a quitter. I really do think hes moving on because football isnt conducive to bettering him as a person, in his mind.
    The guy has been a quitter going back to Oakland.

I've been saying this guy was not a football player going back to when his name was first brought up early last offseason.

Yet some people only see he was at one time a top 10 draft pick. That's the only reason anybody wants this guy on the team. I mean I heard some bringing up the fact that he was a good player at Alabama as a reason to keep him, yet in other threads, people are trashing Alabama players as overrated.

It's time...it's time to cut him loose and let him move on with his life. If he wants to play again, let him tryout with someone else.

I wish him the best...he does seem to finally be realizing how important his family is, and I wish him the best with whatever his heart is really into.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Fuck Rolando McClain

Blog Entries

I dont think that was an issue only because it would mean our FO was misleading him from the start a year ago. I highly doubt they said he would be a starter last year so why after sitting out a year would he think now hes deserving or has earned an automatic starting spot on a team that notoriously has position battles yearly. i think he knew coming into it he was on the outs looking in and just didnt love or want football enough to try and unseed them. which is basically what he told the guy that reported it.
    What was said by Ozzie and what was heard by Rolando could be two totally different things.

We've already established the kid doesn't seem to live in reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    anyone know much about the late round ILBs such as Preston Brown or Andrew Jackson?
    I like Preston Brown. He's not very fast but he's a big guy for the middle and should be a good special teams player. I saw him play against UConn and he was knocking the crap out anyone who came close to him. Good hitter and tackler.
    He Who Dares.....Wins