Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I believe he also said his agent has been in contact with the team but hes keeping his focus on school until after the summer classes are over.
    That would mean a return in 2015 at the earliest. He can't go to summer class and be in camp at the same time.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    That would mean a return in 2015 at the earliest. He can't go to summer class and be in camp at the same time.
    That's what I was thinking too, but I guess it depends on when his summer classes are and when the Ravens' training camp/other mandatory team activities are.

http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/ac...dar/#tab=tab-1

Bottom line: if the classes are in the "interim period," he could be done by May 23.

When you hire someone, you look for enthusiasm, passion, and commitment. It's hard enough to stay that way on any job, but especially one that takes a mental and physical toll like playing football.

Good for him in getting his life together, but I'm not seeing any football passion here.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I know my college had what they called a "May Term" where the class was every day for about 3 weeks. Perhaps this could be a similar situation. Probably keeps him out of OTA's etc, but back in time for TC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I believe he also said his agent has been in contact with the team but hes keeping his focus on school until after the summer classes are over...
    I have a problem with this. If he's serious about resuming his career with the Ravens, then I wouldn't be going to school in the Summer. I'd be concentrating on my physical self and shaking off the rust of football inactivity. There could be million$ at stake for him here, and IMO he can get his college degree AFTER his NFL "degree." ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He never proved himself to begin with unless proving he is a quitter is what you're looking for. He has no heart, he won't be a Raven
    :word

McClain doesn't have the mentality to play for a winner like John Harbaugh. He'd never get out of the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    :word

McClain doesn't have the mentality to play for a winner like John Harbaugh. He'd never get out of the doghouse
    It is very possible and the odds are very long against him making it all the way back.
    But there was a time when he was seen as something special.
    Maybe that is still there and can be brought out again.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...orical/1273352

I hope so, for him, for his family, and all those around him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I have a problem with this. If he's serious about resuming his career with the Ravens, then I wouldn't be going to school in the Summer. I'd be concentrating on my physical self and shaking off the rust of football inactivity. There could be million$ at stake for him here, and IMO he can get his college degree AFTER his NFL "degree." ... Bc
    most would say that the biggest issue they have with him is that he "quit". So by seeing this through because thats what he set out to do, id think that would be a sign of going in the right direction. From everything ive read about him hes been working out with the Tide and on his own. So there may be some game day rust but i dont expect physical condition to really hamper his return. He is only 24.
    -JAB

First of all, you're not going to get anything for his rights, IMO. Maybe a bag of "k" balls.

Second, I think Harbs is playing it just right. If McClain is serious and driven to get back to being the best football player he can be, and he's willing to work his tail off, then they'll entertain the notion. Otherwise, he can stay retired.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

People think he couldn't go to classes and also train for football?? It should easily be possible for a minimally dedicated athlete to take 2 hours of classes in the morning and still get in a full workout.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fuegoman View Post
    People think he couldn't go to classes and also train for football?? It should easily be possible for a minimally dedicated athlete to take 2 hours of classes in the morning and still get in a full workout.
    Your most important phrase = "minimally dedicated athlete."
    RMC is the definition of that... Bc

12. Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

It would be ideal if he turned his life around and then turned into the product that Ozzie and Oakland thought he was when he was selected 8th overall. But he is frustrating me with his back and forth stuff and he frustrated a lot of people last year when he did what he did. He also wasn't even good enough for OAKLAND to keep him. Just saying, I think it's doubtful. Very doubtful but would it be nice? YES.