Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is Rolando McClain Coming Back or Not?

3 strikes you are out.

I have no problem giving the dude a final shot. See if his walk matches his talk.

Maybe he does have the passion after all. What is the effect on salary cap? Does he play under his old contract/number? Or does the retirement mean that the old deal is invalid and a new agreement has to be reached?

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    Maybe he does have the passion after all. What is the effect on salary cap? Does he play under his old contract/number? Or does the retirement mean that the old deal is invalid and a new agreement has to be reached?
    He plays under his old cap number. He signed a one year tender with the Ravens, then retired, so we still have his rights under that agreement.

A motivated McClain makes us a better football team. If not, then we're still a damned good football team.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I didn't think it was possible for me to think he was an even bigger idiot, but after reading that... what a loser
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I love that article. I know its just "talk" but to me that speaks volumes because the last time he was talking about football, it didnt seem he loved it as much as it was what he was good at and his mind was right. He said he went back to alabama to learn to love the game again and i believe he may have done so. He may not be an instant starter but i think he and Smith make a better pair than Smith and Brown (normal situations). Hes a thumper that neither of those guys really are. hes a clear upgrade to Bynes.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    He also said "nothing is set in stone".

Given his history, I want someone who not only set it in stone, but carry's those stone tablets around when he's training.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He also said "nothing is set in stone".

Given his history, I want someone who not only set it in stone, but carry's those stone tablets around when he's training.
    I dont think he was referring to coming back, but coming back with the Ravens in particular. Thats not in his hands at this point.
    -JAB

Harbs is playing this just right. If he's truly dedicated as he says he is, and his actions match his talk, then he'll be here. If his talk is just that, or if he ends up getting arrested for something stupid, he won't. Simple as that. Like Harbs said, if he really has turned a corner, I'm kind of excited about it. At worst he'd be good depth at ILB, and at best he plays for them and plays well. We'll find out soon enough I think.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I didn't think it was possible for me to think he was an even bigger idiot, but after reading that... what a loser
    He's going to last about 2 weeks before he end's up in Harbaugh's dog house. It's great he found religion, as in football religion, but let's see how long that lasts when coach is riding his ass
    He Who Dares.....Wins

I believe Ravens give him a chance. He could be an asset at LB. The guy was a very good player when drafted. (6th pick in draft) Give him a chance, he will be hungry (if he is serious). Won't cost a lot of money. If given a chance I think he will do a good job and Ravens will end up signing him long term

Blog Entries

This guy was good in college. He has never been good in the pros and I don't understand why people think he'll all of the sudden revert to his Bama playing abilities. Forget his off the field stuff and the fact that he is a mental midget, the guy is just not very good.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

This guy was good in college. He has never been good in the pros and I don't understand why people think he'll all of the sudden revert to his Bama playing abilities. Forget his off the field stuff and the fact that he is a mental midget, the guy is just not very good.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I have a feeling Harbaugh would be the type to smoke out the level of commitment from him early on in the OTA's. He will probably push him mercilessly (to the level of the CBA, of course). Talk is cheap and he has not shown self-discipline (combined with the off-field news surrounding the Ravens), so the patience with this will probably be thin.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

I don't see why this guy gets so much attention for being a good PROSPECT years ago. Like Harbs said, if he's on the wagon, let him join the caravan. If not, #byeFelicia

so he was worse than Bynes in Oakland?...

Bynes is currently our 3rd ILB. I dont see how anybody cant see McClain as an upgrade even if he wasnt "good" in oakland. That was also when his head was up his ass, which is the biggest part of this equation. head in ass vs not anymore.

how many people here can say they were the same person at 20 as they were at 24?
    -JAB